A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen pictures of some of the Arkansas type. They use all the same symbolism.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gabriel; A few things ok. In the second picture if you look directly below the second BLANK arrow you will see there is a Skull right there with the left side of the Skull showing. I also see a face of some type on the last of the 3 slabs off the cliffs edge. I'm not sure of what to make of the 3rd picture. That sure is strange and manmade. The last one looks like a Shaft Symbol or Entrance there on the botton right hand set of arrows. Cool stuff. What say ye Folks?? We await. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Something else worth mentioning about all these treasure legends and stories, they all do have a common theme of how somebody heard how somebody found something and then it was lost again, but there is a reason nobody ever gets to hear the Rest of the Story, Why?, its really simple actually, the person that found the treasure or their friend/family member etc, usually goes back and recovers it, and nobody ever hears about what was recovered, this is due to Fear of somebody turning them in to the government for violating the antiquities law or bad people stealing the treasure from them, so fear is the number 1 reason that nobody hears about the recoveries of these treasures, It is NOT because the treasures do not Exist like others would have everybody Believe. The recoveries that I know about have been Spanish/Priests both Gold and Silver which were sold, and you sure won't hear anything about them anywhere.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; Same is true here. One guy recovered a cache of Gold Cooins and sold them off but when anyone asked him about it he denied it even though We all knew he got them. Sneaky or Smart suckers. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an old west type of story that was told to me when I was just a kid by an old man in the 1970s that I thought was the coolest story I had ever heard, if anybody would like to hear it? Its not really about treasure in the traditional sense (depending on what you call treasure).

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old west type of story that was told to me when I was just a kid by an old man in the 1970s that I thought was the coolest story I had ever heard, if anybody would like to hear it? Its not really about treasure in the traditional sense (depending on what you call treasure).

Sandy1,

I for one, would love to hear it!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here you go W.
Back in the mid 1950s a guy named Pete N. was traveling through Nevada with his wife and son, he was driving a new 1955 Chevy Pickup Towing a trailer and Camping out as they were traveling, Somewhere in Nevada they made camp and disconnected the trailer, since it was still daylight Pete and his son decided to go for a drive and explore up in the mountains Leaving the wife behind to cook dinner, after going on a number of splits and turns on two track roads for miles they ended up on a very old road that they figured was a mining road, this road went up the side of a steep hill and as they went up along a cliff face the road turned right into this cliff face and there was a tunnel that went all the way through to the other side, this tunnel was not wide enough for the old Chevy until they pulled both mirrors in. After going through this Rimrock tunnel, they found that the road wound down into a valley where to their surprise they found a complete 1800s Old West Ghost town, they found two old stage Coach Wagons one was in bad disrepair while the second one was still repairable, there were store fronts that they went into, the dishes were still on the tables, also lanterns as well as clothes hanging in the closets, The floors on the buildings were rotten so they were afraid of falling though the floorboards, there were many buildings that they checked out with all the furnishings still in place, It was like everybody just up and vanished without taking anything with them. By this time it was starting to get dark out, so they decided to get back to the trailer, that way they could go back the next day better equipped, well you guessed it, the next day comes and they (all three of them) head out trying to retrace the same splits in the roads as the previous day but try as they might they could not find the same roads back to this Hidden valleys Ghost Town.

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy that's a good story its funny how nobody can ever find there way back to the good spot
Do you ever see a bull head on markers that lead to treasures I have a picture of one with a triangle cut out of the rock
and one next to a rabbit
View attachment 1393689

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
ID,
Yes the Bull head is common here and are found around treasure areas, but I have not found them to pinpoint the treasure spots.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy1 - I was wondering if you had seen this post of mine from a few days ago, and what your thoughts are on it?
Is this possibly an alignment? To me, there appears to be a small diamond rock in front, a bit to the left, of the tire. Then it may be an A-frame rock positioned east-west under the oak log, then an A-frame rock positioned north-south behind the log. These two rocks appear to line up somewhat. The area looks to be somewhat dug out. I apologize that the pic isn't snapped directly behind these rocks to show if they actually do line up. My husband noticed the dug out area and without realizing there could be an alignment, he really only intended to show the dug out area.
View attachment 1392883
Thanks for looking!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; Great story. Me, i would have been grabbing "everything" I could get my hands on. That was a Gold Mine for sure but We'll never know. PEACE:RONB

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's too bad they didn't have Google Earth back then! If you know approximately where he was Sandy1, perhaps you could find it that way.

Here you go W.
Back in the mid 1950s a guy named Pete N. was traveling through Nevada with his wife and son, he was driving a new 1955 Chevy Pickup Towing a trailer and Camping out as they were traveling, Somewhere in Nevada they made camp and disconnected the trailer, since it was still daylight Pete and his son decided to go for a drive and explore up in the mountains Leaving the wife behind to cook dinner, after going on a number of splits and turns on two track roads for miles they ended up on a very old road that they figured was a mining road, this road went up the side of a steep hill and as they went up along a cliff face the road turned right into this cliff face and there was a tunnel that went all the way through to the other side, this tunnel was not wide enough for the old Chevy until they pulled both mirrors in. After going through this Rimrock tunnel, they found that the road wound down into a valley where to their surprise they found a complete 1800s Old West Ghost town, they found two old stage Coach Wagons one was in bad disrepair while the second one was still repairable, there were store fronts that they went into, the dishes were still on the tables, also lanterns as well as clothes hanging in the closets, The floors on the buildings were rotten so they were afraid of falling though the floorboards, there were many buildings that they checked out with all the furnishings still in place, It was like everybody just up and vanished without taking anything with them. By this time it was starting to get dark out, so they decided to get back to the trailer, that way they could go back the next day better equipped, well you guessed it, the next day comes and they (all three of them) head out trying to retrace the same splits in the roads as the previous day but try as they might they could not find the same roads back to this Hidden valleys Ghost Town.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi FOLKS: MERRY CHRISTMAS. May God bless All Of You & Yours. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
M,
Unfortunately I was under ten when the guy told us the story I remembered it as being around Walker Lake Area while my mom said it was somewhere in the norther part of NV, so that would be tough, not to mention Google Earth had huge blank spots in the mountains from when I checked it out here in AZ as of a few years ago.

This is the first time this story has ever been told in public so its not in any books or forums until now.

I have a couple more pretty interesting original stories from different people, but due to the lack of people being online I should wait until after Christmas to tell them.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm alway listening or reading to be correct. That would have drove me crazy to find a place then the next day I couldn't. It sounds like a twilight series.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as that blank spot on Google earth. It's because it's now a ufo base. If I was living back then and one came into our town like that. I would have left too. Maybe it took the towns people.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
M,
Unfortunately I was under ten when the guy told us the story I remembered it as being around Walker Lake Area while my mom said it was somewhere in the norther part of NV, so that would be tough, not to mention Google Earth had huge blank spots in the mountains from when I checked it out here in AZ as of a few years ago.

This is the first time this story has ever been told in public so its not in any books or forums until now.

I have a couple more pretty interesting original stories from different people, but due to the lack of people being online I should wait until after Christmas to tell them.

Not many blank spots today ... you might want to go look around again

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions