A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a request to mark an owl in red as it is tough to recognize as an owl.

So here is the top of the carved owls head.
1 (119).JPG

and here is a real owls head for reference/comparison.
Owl.jpg

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a request to mark an owl in red as it is tough to recognize as an owl.

So here is the top of the carved owls head.
View attachment 1634939

and here is a real owls head for reference/comparison.
View attachment 1634942

It's interesting that burrowing owls as the shadow symbol carving & pic portrays (with no horns) have different habits,
like living underground, & being active during the day. That explains being used in association with buried treasures.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The burrowing owl (Athene cunicularia) is a small, long-legged owl found throughout open landscapes of North and South America. Burrowing owls can be found in grasslands, rangelands, agricultural areas, deserts, or any other open dry area with low vegetation. They nest and roost in burrows, such as those excavated by prairie dogs (Cynomys spp.). Unlike most owls, burrowing owls are often active during the day, although they tend to avoid the midday heat. Like many other kinds of owls, though, burrowing owls do most of their hunting from dusk until dawn, when they can use their night vision and hearing to their advantage. Living in open grasslands as opposed to forests, the burrowing owl has developed longer legs that enable it to sprint, as well as fly, when hunting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are two owls that Barton Posted awhile back and show two distinctly different types of carvings, I have seen a a couple other types of carved owls besides these and the others I have posted, the different artists/stoneworkers made different types of owls but they all have the same meaning, they are marking or represent the presence of Treasure Vaults.
Internet Owls.jpg

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are two owls that Barton Posted awhile back and show two distinctly different types of carvings, I have seen a a couple other types of carved owls besides these and the others I have posted, the different artists/stoneworkers made different types of owls but they all have the same meaning, they are marking or represent the presence of Treasure Vaults.
View attachment 1635172

Yes Sandy, I have also seen both types of owls in carvings & the shadows.
I think the owls that like it underground relates to what they were thinking
about, relating to digging in the ground like the turtle burying it's eggs too.
Rabbits like to have their little ones in a hole, & ducks will nest on the banks.
Relating to the relevance of particular animals that are treasure associated.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I know its a popular theory that the traits of the animals have to do with how they represent the treasure such as where they give birth and that could very well be however, I have also heard that it could be some religious meaning, such as the owl of Athena and its wisdom or even some religious meaning from the church itself as they did place meanings on each animal from the catholic church.

SIGNS: ANIMALS

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that the Poodle is actually a good way to localize where many of these markers come from in Europe as it was pretty specific to Germany and Spain (these two countries actually worked together mining here in the US and Mexico according to Kenworthy)

Here is a carved Poodle
1 (28).JPG

This link gives a good description of its whereabouts
French Poodles from the Languedoc, South of France: Standard Poodle History

Then there is this type of Number 3 Which is Specific to the Catholic Church in Europe during the 17th century, which no doubt indicates the trinity, so as you can see religious meanings are in some cases used for the meanings of some of the signs.
1 (100).jpg

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it took some real ingenuity for the Spaniards to come up with this kind of system of navigation it always amazes me when I come across one of there monuments. If one was not aware of there surroundings they would just cruz right on by.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
You know it took some real ingenuity for the Spaniards to come up with this kind of system of navigation it always amazes me when I come across one of there monuments. If one was not aware of there surroundings they would just cruz right on by.

I see people just about everyday that have absolutely no clue about all the carved boulders around them.

BeeOwner

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
North MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you find real owl heads in a area? Within a mile circumference out on my friends land two owl heads have been spotted. One in mid summer, and one in mid winter. But these were real owl heads cut clean. Is this a natural phenomenon? A coincidence? Aliens!?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What if you find real owl heads in a area? Within a mile circumference out on my friends land two owl heads have been spotted. One in mid summer, and one in mid winter. But these were real owl heads cut clean. Is this a natural phenomenon? A coincidence? Aliens!?

Don't worry, pretty soon you'll have someone come along (one of our resident sentinels) who'll assure you it's only pareidolia.

So, you're probably okay as long as you don't look too much like an owl.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A few owl's eyes, heads, or whole bodies, among other things.
Some seem to be abstract or subtle, but none are huge... :cross:

Definitely like that first one, but I'm different too. If you look carefully you can see him looking back at you. If you take some time to do a moderate curves adjustment in photoshop, he really starts to stand out.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Chadeaux, shame on you dont you know the P word is a bad word on here.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever come across a 1,000 ft tall owl, carved out of stone??? I have one at my site and it’s gnarly

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest Owls I have seen were around a couple hundred feet tall, when they are that big they are also some of the oldest.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanna take a guess on how old sandy1?

Not Particularly, I know some of the markers are newer (Spanish era) such as the 3 and the poodle but certain markers such as the owls and turtles seem to predate the Spanish era even though they used them as well.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely like that first one, but I'm different too. If you look carefully you can see him looking back at you. If you take some time to do a moderate curves adjustment in photoshop, he really starts to stand out.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I like that one too. It was laying face down & I flipped the flat rock over, surprise...
I'm glad you enjoyed, thanks for commenting.
...:sunny: :fish:
:cross:

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a large owl that would be considered abstract with shadow eyes, kind of made in the same way they make the huge skulls.
1 (107).JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread