A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...as well as some who are just flat delusional and see something in every rock or want to make up stories about the history of the markers

Say it ain't so!

anybody who deny's my information has quite obviously never been to a kings vault, either that or they are trying to cover up their existence.

This is a serious request: Can anyone take me to, and show me, a vault and the markers that lead to it? I'm perfectly willing to be shown, just like I am with LRLs. But with LRLs most people refuse to show me, the few that have tried fell flat. I'm in El Paso, willing to take a long weekend to travel. I'm a long distance hiker and rock climber with gear, so I can go pretty much anywhere.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have been more than happy to have taken you to a vault IF you had shown me any respect at all.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say it ain't so!

This is a serious request: Can anyone take me to, and show me, a vault and the markers that lead to it? I'm perfectly willing to be shown, just like I am with LRLs. But with LRLs most people refuse to show me, the few that have tried fell flat. I'm in El Paso, willing to take a long weekend to travel. I'm a long distance hiker and rock climber with gear, so I can go pretty much anywhere.

Just drive up to Southern New Mexico yourself and check it out lots of interesting sites to be investigated up there.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, when I saw that compass correction setting in the photo in Post #3645, I noticed that the magnetic declination was only set at 2.5° east of North. Someone ought to tell the guy that today's actual magnetic declination (assuming it's in Phoenix, more or less) is 12.25° east. That's a 9.75° error - that would be a deviation from the correct line by about 17 feet too far east of north over a 100-foot distance.

You can update your compass setting here: https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/declination.shtml

Thats the 7 to 13 hole digging system.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have been more than happy to have taken you to a vault IF you had shown me any respect at all.

Sandy, I completely disagree with your claims but it's nothing personal. I just think you're wrong. Show me a vault, and change my mind. Don't be like the LRL guys; "I can do it, but I don't want to show you."

Just drive up to Southern New Mexico yourself and check it out lots of interesting sites to be investigated up there.

It all looks like rocks to me. Show me, Missouri-style.

Ordinary rocks in Southern NM:

Attachments

• Chief.jpg
    Chief.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 85

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy, I completely disagree with your claims but it's nothing personal. I just think you're wrong. Show me a vault, and change my mind. Don't be like the LRL guys; "I can do it, but I don't want to show you."

It all looks like rocks to me. Show me, Missouri-style.

Ordinary rocks in Southern NM:

Can i ask you this question what type of process do you use out in the field to locate these type of buried objects that you would be looking for Carl-NC. Because i have a feeling if you can not tell us you might be up to something else here.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I am up to something else. I'm writing a book on fake treasure hunting. Dowsing & LRLs, aura photography, markers, and even the treasures themselves, like Beale, Dutchman, OI, etc. This would be field research. I have no expectation that I will see anything more than rocks, but if there is a cave full of gold bars, well, I wouldn't object to that, and it would certainly change the direction of the book.

Those who know me, know that I work for FTP and design detection equipment for a living. Stuff that really works. I'm not a Big Time Treasure Hunter.

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What does an elephant head mean?
The ears are folded forward because of the size of the rock.
The places where the tusks would be attached are there but no tusks.
The rest of the face is very obvious.
The entire head is about 15-20 ft. tall.
I thought I read in sandy1's guide about them but can't find it.

Thanx

Last edited:

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think my question got lost.
I thought I saw something in sany1's guide about elephant heads.
What do they mean?

Thanks.

oh, there it is.

Thanx.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what Elephants stand for but I have seen many of them at treasure areas, the Elephant I posted in my guide is just the head on a boulder with other carvings like the duck, eagle and Rabbit on the same boulder, and that particular boulder happens to be one of the points of the triangle that has the treasure vault located inside of it.

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks sandy and cyzak. At least I know I'm in the right area to set up for an aura.

Thanx.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks sandy and cyzak. At least I know I'm in the right area to set up for an aura.

Thanx.

The best thing you can do is using that camera it takes a little bit to get use to the process but it will have rewards in the end just stick with it.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I am up to something else. I'm writing a book on fake treasure hunting. Dowsing & LRLs, aura photography, markers, and even the treasures themselves, like Beale, Dutchman, OI, etc. This would be field research. I have no expectation that I will see anything more than rocks, but if there is a cave full of gold bars, well, I wouldn't object to that, and it would certainly change the direction of the book.

Those who know me, know that I work for FTP and design detection equipment for a living. Stuff that really works. I'm not a Big Time Treasure Hunter.

Sorry we do not know who you are who is the FTP please explain.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Texas Products. Fisher, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter. Used to work for White's.

Thanks for the info Carl-NC but i do not use metal detectors to locate on my sites they will not work. The only true way is by figuring out the engineering of the site and running the math, time and patience is how it works and some good old intuition i like looking at piles of rocks they have a lot to say.

Last edited:

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does an elephant head mean?
The ears are folded forward because of the size of the rock.
The places where the tusks would be attached are there but no tusks.
The rest of the face is very obvious.
The entire head is about 15-20 ft. tall.
I thought I read in sandy1's guide about them but can't find it.

Thanx

It is my understanding that they indicate a heavy load. I have several large ones and I have also found a small one with his trunk up and pointing in a direction that other things indicate as well.
I also have seen them with tusks that curve down instead of up. Im not sure what that indicates, maybe saying down below? Im still trying to figure things out also. They are definatly there for a reason.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you are organizing a field trip to a vault, I would love to be on the list for that trip.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Carl-NC but i do not use metal detectors to locate on my sites they will not work. The only true way is by figuring out the engineering of the site and running the math, time and patience is how it works and some good old intuition i like looking at piles of rocks they have a lot to say.

Not suggesting metal detectors would be useful, that's just my background. I design real products that really work. Treasure hunters use these products to find real things. I'm just fascinated by what I see to be the unreal side of treasure hunting. It's primarily a fascination with the psychological aspects, why people do what they do, and why evidence doesn't seem to matter. LRLs are my personal favorite.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are organizing a field trip to a vault, I would love to be on the list for that trip.

There ya go, Sandy. How about a show-n-tell field trip to complement the Guide to Vault Treasure Hunting. I'll bet a lot of folks would be interested, I sure would. And I promise to behave myself, heck even the dowsers & LRLers who have met me will tell you I'm a nice guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread