A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20230703_180103.jpg

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
20240215_134720.jpg
::
:
Sandy1, I've been wondering if you or anyone else has ever ran across anything like this. I think the old man that retired & built his homestead, must've found it while plowing deep to plant his corn. I found it laid up
on the top plate of his old chicken house, with some other old metal objects.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2131569 : View attachment 2131571 : View attachment 2131572
: View attachment 2131575
Sandy1, I've been wondering if you or anyone else has ever ran across anything like this. I think the old man that retired & built his home place, must've found it while plowing deep to plant his corn. I found it laid up
There is so much mining equipment left out here in AZ around old mines. Never seen one like that though.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
There was no mining anywhere near at all, not even for gemstones, geodes, crystals, iron, etc.
But there definitely appears carved & shaped stuff all over the many areas. Must've passed
through a lot, & were carving markers, even along some deep creeks like mine, & definitely
along various rivers. I recall Dayne having pics of possibly similar, & many various metal
items, dug along a major trail on the Red R., & this also looks like from their time frame.
But there's a lot of carvings & manipulations, even a standing bench reported in the
area. They were apparently carting at least some of what they'd acquired out N&W
for quite some long time. Trying to sneak it past the various warring Indian tribes.
Along places with plenty of water, lots of hardwood trees, with various nuts like
pecans, walnuts, hickory, acorns etc., where they could rest, hunt good game.
The point being, the same similar kinds of markers in the middle, as west US.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2131569 ::
:
Sandy1, I've been wondering if you or anyone else has ever ran across anything like this. I think the old man that retired & built his homestead, must've found it while plowing deep to plant his corn. I found it laid up
Looks like an old wood splitting wedge.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
20240216_104832.jpg

Way too small for a wood splitting wedge. No one that valued their hands & fingers, would ever
attempt to try and split wood with it, being only 5" overall length. If you're talking making some
small kindling, that's what hatchets are used for. Wedges are bigger & longer, by almost 2X.
The chisel shaped end only about 2" long, not going to do very much useful wood splitting.
Besides, no wood wedge has any kind of a guard made into it below where you'd hold it.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an old wood splitting wedge.
Your pic looks more like a tree "felling" wedge, likely for logging, that would be about right. If you've ever split much wood, you would know that short a wedge would more than likely get hung up before the wood completely split most the time. Oh, no guard made on it like mine, which only has a 2" chisel end. That has almost 5" of wedge, not 2". Also, the top appears to be about 2" wide or more, & is bigger than the tip, & heavily mushroomed where you'd strike it, & it's not smaller at the top like mine, which is also barely mushroomed.
Sorry, you don't prove anything at all finding that short old tree "felling" wedge.
And It don't look 300 yrs old either. But I understand, you both just can't resist the tease.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your pic looks more like a tree "felling" wedge, likely for logging, that would be about right. If you've ever split much wood, you would know that short a wedge would more than likely get hung up before the wood completely split most the time. Oh, no guard made on it like mine, which only has a 2" chisel end. That has almost 5" of wedge, not 2". Also, the top appears to be about 2" wide or more, & is bigger than the tip, & heavily mushroomed where you'd strike it, & it's not smaller at the top like mine, which is also barely mushroomed.
Sorry, you don't prove anything at all finding that short old tree "felling" wedge.
And It don't look 300 yrs old either. But I understand, you both just can't resist the tease.
Uh huh.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2131569 : View attachment 2131571 : View attachment 2131572
: View attachment 2131575
CDS I believe what you have is called a Hardy its a blacksmithing tool used with a anvil and forge, and that's an old one you got there.Good find keep the faith and stay safe.

HMK959

Mar 24, 2023
Some friends are always against the signs and symptoms of others. Can you tell me what signs and symptoms you accept?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Some friends are always against the signs and symbols of others. Can you tell me what signs and symbols that you accept?
The Turtle the Owl the Hummingbird the Eagle the Duck the Rabbit the Heart the Diamond the Triangle and the shaft sign are the most common signs I have found at treasure sites.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
CDS I believe what you have is called a Hardy its a blacksmithing tool used with a anvil and forge, and that's an old one you got there. Good find keep the faith and stay safe.
If you say so. What would it have been used to do? There weren't any blacksmith shops around here,
there was nothing except an old bent oak out back pointing toward the creek, & if it were a tool the old man used, I'm sure he would have had it in his shop. It's been sitting in that chicken house for maybe some 55+ yrs., so he plowed it up pretty much just the way it looks over half a century ago. At least you didn't try
to say it's a wood splitting wedge or a bomb, when it doesn't fit the build of either one.
I know you've been around all that working with smiths on ranches.
I might check into getting it tested. Thanks for your info.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't mean you. You are the teacher and I thank you. I mean those who oppose all the signs of others.
The Big Three, greatly simplified: the spiral ("all the stars in heaven"); the very, very faint old concentric circles ("sun and its derivatives"); the outlined cross ("mark of possession").

The usual "Spanish treasure signs" were nearly all created by more recent folks for misdirection. One exception to this rule may be the turtle below with seven dots on his shell. It's found in a strategic location (minerals, history, legend).
Turtle 3.jpg

HMK959

Mar 24, 2023
The Big Three, greatly simplified: the spiral ("all the stars in heaven"); the very, very faint old concentric circles ("sun and its derivatives"); the outlined cross ("mark of possession").

The usual "Spanish treasure signs" were nearly all created by more recent folks for misdirection. One exception to this rule may be the turtle below with seven dots on his shell. It's found in a strategic location (minerals, history, legend).
View attachment 2131846
What do you think about these two photos?

Attachments

• DSC04955.JPG
    DSC04955.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC05587.JPG
    DSC05587.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 26

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions