A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
No they were at two separate cache locations, however we did find an Indian Arrowhead at the Horseshoe location, I showed a couple of markers to the spot with the horseshoe and arrowhead as well as the receipt the sentinels dropped in my guide #28. This location also had a grande deathtrap at it as well with the square door rock underneath it.(I never took a picture of it, I will have to go back and get one someday)

Thanks Sandy. Treasure lore suggests that the moon and horseshoe have been associated with treasure cache/mine sites. You have two sites one with a horseshoe and the other with a q-ball that could represent the full moon. To figure out if they were put there intentionally you would have to see what their placement was in relation with the alignments at your sites. Do you remember if the two artifacts were placed in a spot that would put them in some type of alignment with the other markers at the two cache sites?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
dog, a lot of artifacts can be accurately dated to their origins, but that doesn't guarantee that they were left there at that time - it could have been later. Manufactured items can often be dated, but even the easy ones take some digging (no pun intended) into the records. Lots of commonly found trash, such as bottles, aren't trash anymore and a large collectors' database exists that identifies items and workable pieces of items to specific dates. Same goes with pottery - even shards. In your case at your Iowa site, it seems like the more accurately you can date artifacts, the better off you are vis-a-vis your work with Mr. S. and how the site may connect to him. Too bad you can't poke around in that hole a little.

In the case of the so-called "KGC sites", it's my opinion that the artifact's ages are much less important than the messages they may have been meant to convey. For example, the following items were found on the surface at a site that you've read about, dog. The wire bent into a nice "omega" is self-evident, of course. Here's a couple things you don't know. The cutting tool? On the butt edge was an embossed "337" - some sort of designation from the manufacturer, I guess, but as you know, "337" also turned out to be a very prominent mapping azimuth, repeated numerous times in an extensive and complex collection of mysterious items. Coincidence? I don't much believe in coincidences. The silver spoon had an obvious manufacturer's ID on the backside of the tang that quickly pegged the design's introduction to 1933. So what? As you know, dog, FDR's 1933 Gold Act dovetails seamlessly into my understanding of this particular site. Coincidence? Sure, maybe.

View attachment 1470932

Thanks sdcfia. I was hoping that some type of food or drink container could help date Sandy's sites. Somebody going into a remote area would take in food and probably use it right away, so, like you said, with a little research you would be able to find when the containers were produced. For example, a hutchinson soda bottle would probably show a time period of the late 1800s-early 1900s.

The Iowa site, just with research and no artifacts, was probably set up in the late 1800s-early 1900s. It's designed just like one of Sandy's sites, but some of the stuff is big, like it might be older. The signs at this place are being quickly destroyed. Not much is left from the signs I've seen. It seems to be a coordinated demolition. The first sign to be tampered with, was the most important sign at the site. Could be treasure hunters but I don't know for sure.

I do remember the story about your picture. I looked it up again today and the additional information is very interesting and a good tip that you passed on. That 337 and 85 degree bearings keep popping up. They both add up to 13. I wonder if that is some type of signature to identify ownership. Don't know.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Another thread in this sub-forum killed. Way to go, boys - you've managed to make this a blog.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever there is a Positive Contribution to treasure hunting the thread won't be killed off.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
hello dear masters
this place belong to Iran but there are multiple storeis about its history. there are many holes on the rock we call them joghan in some case (they are sign too for distance and directions) that used for oil and make the fire and people did their mourning traditions. i cant go there, not yet and i received some pics like this. but as i know finding dignified persons graves cant be easy. so there is some grave it seems belong to public citizens. i dont have any kind of detector devices. so great master explain this sign if you have any information.when i received another pics or myself got there i will send good pics and map.
thank you all. View attachment 1471621 View attachment 1471622 View attachment 1471623

It is considered to be rude to hijack others' threads. Please start your own thread, and someone will be along to help.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been people on here that have had legal concerns about these vault treasures, Mdog has brought this up several times, Here is what I have to say about the legal side of digging up these treasures, straight from my guide:

"The United States Government as well as most of the State Governments deny the Existence of Spanish Treasure so who are we to argue with or try to prove them wrong, as they say ignorance is bliss."

The Antiquities laws blanket cover these treasures and of course the people who made the antiquities laws are also part of the Sentinels who are trying to keep the treasures for themselves.

I personally do not accept laws that are made up to blanket cover treasures that the lawmakers say do not exist.

Now if you are hung up on these sentinel laws and think they deserve to keep every one of these treasures to themselves then vault treasure hunting is not for you (sorry you had to miss out on your piece of the pie)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been people on here that have had legal concerns about these vault treasures, Mdog has brought this up several times, Here is what I have to say about the legal side of digging up these treasures, straight from my guide:

"The United States Government as well as most of the State Governments deny the Existence of Spanish Treasure so who are we to argue with or try to prove them wrong, as they say ignorance is bliss."

The Antiquities laws blanket cover these treasures and of course the people who made the antiquities laws are also part of the Sentinels who are trying to keep the treasures for themselves.

I personally do not accept laws that are made up to blanket cover treasures that the lawmakers say do not exist.

Now if you are hung up on these sentinel laws and think they deserve to keep every one of these treasures to themselves then vault treasure hunting is not for you (sorry you had to miss out on your piece of the pie)

That's an interesting quote. I've never heard that claim before. Do you mind providing your source for it - the only Google hit on it comes from your own earlier post on this thread. In other words, you're quoting yourself.

You are correct about the Antiquities Act of 1906, initiated by Theodore Roosevelt: https://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/anti1906.htm More here: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41330.pdf The President's power here has been reduced a couple times, but whether you accept the law or not, I can assure your readers that if you get caught removing antiquities of any sort from Federal Land you will be prosecuted. I have a few acquaintances who have served jail time for pot hunting on Federal Land in New Mexico. Activities on State lands vary. I sympathize with your personal position in many ways, but I've never found any language in these laws that specifies "Spanish Treasure", although, as you say, if such a thing existed, it is blanket-covered by the legislation. Recovery of Antiquities from private land is an entirely separate issue and carries its own set of difficulties and legal vulnerabilities.

It's not the lawmakers who claim that, for the most part, "Spanish treasure" doesn't exist - it's treasure hunters who've come to realize that the caches alleged to be Spanish were in fact placed by others. Having said that (and presented my own argument in great depth elsewhere), I do know of one modern recovery of a "Spanish treasure cache" that was truly genuine as described. I won't provide any specific details, but I will say that the discovery, recovery and disposal was carried out not by a fortunate treasure hunter, but by large and influential entities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to say one more thing about the sentinels, this should put an end to the mockery of them, as they are real and very serious about guarding/remarking what they consider their treasures.

In order to be a sentinel you must know the locations and entrances of where these vault treasures are buried otherwise your not a sentinel.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to say one more thing about the sentinels, this should put an end to the mockery of them, as they are real and very serious about guarding/remarking what they consider their treasures.

In order to be a sentinel you must know the locations and entrances of where these vault treasures are buried otherwise your not a sentinel.

Interesting. Where did you obtain this information - from popular treasure lore, or directly from a "sentinel"? It's my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the alleged KGC sentinels all took blood oaths that prevented disclosure of any information concerning either their duties or their organization - which is, or at least at one time was, plausible IMO. Since a genuine sentinel obviously wouldn't reveal this information, then it must have come from books, websites or other rumor sources - or from someone falsely claiming to be a sentinel. Which do you figure it was?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

People are going to make their own choices but, I feel, should be given a heads up about any consequences of those choices. I hunted arrowheads, coins and bottles, for years, on public land before a Tnet poster gave me a heads up about the Antiquities laws. I thought that if the land were owned by the public I wouldn't need permission to use a metal detector or dig. My ignorance wouldn't have saved me if I had been arrested by a park ranger.

In my opinion, the laws are stacked against the treasure hunter but for a reason. One of the guys who used to post here told me of a whole cliff face that was collapsed by treasure hunters looking for a vault entrance. This was on public land. Not only did they change the landscape, they destroyed some petroglyphs at that spot.

There should be a way for vault hunters to work with the government to make and share a vault recovery. I think Franklin has tried that. However, government workers are already stretched pretty thin, so I don't see that happening.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
HOW TO MUDDY THE WATER

Real body of water:
1) Find a clear body of water.

2) Find a big stick.

3) Vigorously drag the stick back and forth on the bottom of the body of water.

4) If the water is still clear, get a bucket and pour dirt into the water. Repeat until you can no longer see through the water.

Alternative Meaning For Forum Discussions:
1) Make spurious assertions when something is explained so simply that others can readily understand.

2) Attack the posters' (plural possessive) (a) intelligence, (b) honesty, (c) motives, or if all else fails (d) family linage.

3) If all else fails, find a partner or partners, and have your own running dialogue within the Original Posters' (OP) threads.
â–„

(a) Make certain that these comments contribute NOTHING to the thread.

(b) Remember to always work in a jab at the OP and any who do not challenge him.

(c) Do not allow any constructive discussion to go unchallenged.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW TO MUDDY THE WATER

Real body of water:
1) Find a clear body of water.

2) Find a big stick.

3) Vigorously drag the stick back and forth on the bottom of the body of water.

4) If the water is still clear, get a bucket and pour dirt into the water. Repeat until you can no longer see through the water.

Alternative Meaning For Forum Discussions:
1) Make spurious assertions when something is explained so simply that others can readily understand.

2) Attack the posters' (plural possessive) (a) intelligence, (b) honesty, (c) motives, or if all else fails (d) family linage.

3) If all else fails, find a partner or partners, and have your own running dialogue within the Original Posters' (OP) threads.
â–„

(a) Make certain that these comments contribute NOTHING to the thread.

(b) Remember to always work in a jab at the OP and any who do not challenge him.

(c) Do not allow any constructive discussion to go unchallenged.

It is considered to be rude to hijack others' threads. Please start your own thread, and someone will be along to help.

While I do admit that is a very apt description of your own behavior, I don't believe it has anything to do with the topic of Sandy1's thread and doesn't belong here.

No offense intended.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

While I do admit that is a very apt description of your own behavior, I don't believe it has anything to do with the topic of Sandy1's thread and doesn't belong here.

No offense intended.

Can't resist, can ya? I didn't mention anyone, so why should you take offense and accuse me?

If Sandy1 objects, I'll be happy to request that a mod remove it.

minute man

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all sound like a bunch of dogs on the porch scratching and fighting, arguing over who gave who fleas. Most of us I'm sure just want you to get off the porch! This forum is like a grocery store you don't buy everything in the store, you just pick up what you need and move on. In fact all of life is that way.

Sandy your guide is awesome!

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
:
.. View attachment 1471974

For a positive contribution, there is a blue heavy shop type towel tied to a briar vine,
on the left side of the stump. This area has several of the Spanish markers described
in sandy's guide. Closely sentinel watched, marked in a triangular, unobvious fashion.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
People are going to make their own choices but, I feel, should be given a heads up about any consequences of those choices. I hunted arrowheads, coins and bottles, for years, on public land before a Tnet poster gave me a heads up about the Antiquities laws. I thought that if the land were owned by the public I wouldn't need permission to use a metal detector or dig. My ignorance wouldn't have saved me if I had been arrested by a park ranger.

In my opinion, the laws are stacked against the treasure hunter but for a reason. One of the guys who used to post here told me of a whole cliff face that was collapsed by treasure hunters looking for a vault entrance. This was on public land. Not only did they change the landscape, they destroyed some petroglyphs at that spot.

There should be a way for vault hunters to work with the government to make and share a vault recovery. I think Franklin has tried that. However, government workers are already stretched pretty thin, so I don't see that happening.

There's the rub, dog. It's a catch-22 situation: a searcher has to divulge his target's location in order to try to get a permit to recover it. Regardless of promises made by the government, very few searchers would be willing to do that, primarily because the searcher already knows (or should know) that unless he can prove a legal right of ownership, by law the target is the property of the government. Things are different in places like England, where negotiated recoveries are normal, but not here. Stalemate. To proceed without legal right of ownership, the cache hunter is down to one option: an attempted stealth recovery. That decision can have bad ramifications, and as you say, forewarned is forearmed.

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandy1,

Well Said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread