A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after being band for a month for telling a person the stone they had found was made by a Jesuit. Second time that is. The north American Indian artifacts thread. I believe it's run by sentinels. They need to learn their history over there. I started out much different with this type treasure hunting. Studying the stone work. Sandys way have led me to understanding the layouts. I'm in California now checking out a site. I see the stones and their alignments. Once you been around a site. You can see all the work out on them. On most of the sites I've seen the number 56. The which is from the sacred numbers 7 and 8. Now what I would like to know is. Is this Spanish or as some have told me Knights Templars? I have found many forms of trash. Broken china, pottery and glass. Found railroad spikes with no r.r. around. Old tools as well. I have not had anybody look at them. Don't want anyone knowing the place of origin. Because of the antiquity act. It would be nice to let it known and give a fair share for history's sake. I know of many sites that have been kept quiet because of it. As far as someone attacking Sandys ways and saying he is wanting a pat on the back. That just show the their true colors. Prove a person wrong if you going to attempt to discredit them. I've been called all sort things for my discoveries. I don't care who don't believe in them. Some of the stuff on the stones would up set the Vatican if it was brought out. That makes me think the Spanish were looking for something they knew was buried by others. My opinion of course. Either way the treasure still exist. Sorry for rambling. Can you tell I've been coped up to long.lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
:
.. View attachment 1472221
:
.. View attachment 1472220
:
.. View attachment 1472226

First pic there's another blue shop towel tied to a briar
vine by the stump in the far right background. A few stone
marker alignments seem to line up there. The triangle
of the stumps pointing somewhat over that way.
There's also a cut piece of wood laying close to
the stump & briar with the towel tied on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I never talk about what I have dug up, if you guys would like to here about my first find, I will tell you about it, (its not a vault treasure)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess that's a yes from all the likes.

Back in the early 90s a friend of mine came to me and asked if I could metal detect his friends yard in Phoenix (I had a fisher twobox at the time)

The reason why he wanted somebody to metal detect the yard is because he was planting a rose bush and had dug up a metal cup, so of course he figured there could be more.

So I detected over the area and got a good hit, after digging 4 feet deep we found a large Iron Pot with 3 ornamental lions legs/feet a castle top and a Human Face with protruding eyelids nose and mouth made on one side of it.

I would show pictures but the album I had the pictures in was stolen.

The owner of the property kept the pot and cup.

Of course I was hooked on treasure finding from that point on.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I never talk about what I have dug up, if you guys would like to here about my first find, I will tell you about it, (its not a vault treasure)
Sounds GREAT Sandy, and if you rather not post on the forum I will send you my e-mail addy in a pm. A first find is always exciting.
To the nay sayers, we do not need your input on first finds either as we already know your story a thousand times over.
Pardon me on that part Sandy.
elh

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks Like we posted at the same time Elh take a look at post 992

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
No they were at two separate cache locations, however we did find an Indian Arrowhead at the Horseshoe location, I showed a couple of markers to the spot with the horseshoe and arrowhead as well as the receipt the sentinels dropped in my guide #28. This location also had a grande deathtrap at it as well with the square door rock underneath it.(I never took a picture of it, I will have to go back and get one someday)

Hi Sandy. This is your post 967. You speak of a q-ball and a horseshoe that you found at two different cache sites. I was wondering if you remember if the q-ball or horseshoe were placed, in such a way, that they might have been a part of the alignments at your sites.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
My old partner found the Q-ball so I cant say on that one, but the horseshoe was just laying close to the cache site it didn't have anything to do with the alignments that I could tell, it seems that the trash around these sites (above ground) are just there to be an eye catcher to draw their attention to the areas.
A note of interest however these pieces of trash seem to be laid on the important trails, these trails are barely visible anymore.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
My old partner found the Q-ball so I cant say on that one, but the horseshoe was just laying close to the cache site it didn't have anything to do with the alignments that I could tell, it seems that the trash around these sites (above ground) are just there to be an eye catcher to draw their attention to the areas.
A note of interest however these pieces of trash seem to be laid on the important trails, these trails are barely visible anymore.

Thanks Sandy. I've read Brewers book, Rebel Gold, and he writes of sentinels using modern junk as clues, same thing in New Mexico Confidential. I thought it might be an interesting clue for people to watch for at sites like the places you describe.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Sandy. I've read Brewers book, Rebel Gold, and he writes of sentinels using modern junk as clues, same thing in New Mexico Confidential. I thought it might be an interesting clue for people to watch for at sites like the places you describe.

"Important" junk is a very tough call because anywhere humans were active, you'll find junk, and lots of it. Anyone who's around native American ruins, trails, camps, water holes, etc will have no trouble finding broken pottery, rock chips, tools, etc. Same goes for Anglo junk - in spades - especially in the Southwest where metal can remain intact for centuries. Where I live, it's a rare day if I hike on trails or explore cross-country to sites including old homesteads, mines, roads, villages, work sites, military sites, native skirmish grounds, stage stops, ranch locations, cemeteries - you name it - and don't see broken glass, broken pottery, old cans, wire, horseshoes, livestock tack, nails, shell casings, corrugated steel, wagon parts, car parts, knife blades, and everything else that you can possibly imagine being discarded since the 16th century. Folks weren't into recycling in those days - they just threw it out the nearest window. This stuff is everywhere. When I find it, I don't automatically call it a "sign", but I do recognize that humans were there for some reason.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
"Important" junk is a very tough call because anywhere humans were active, you'll find junk, and lots of it. Anyone who's around native American ruins, trails, camps, water holes, etc will have no trouble finding broken pottery, rock chips, tools, etc. Same goes for Anglo junk - in spades - especially in the Southwest where metal can remain intact for centuries. Where I live, it's a rare day if I hike on trails or explore cross-country to sites including old homesteads, mines, roads, villages, work sites, military sites, native skirmish grounds, stage stops, ranch locations, cemeteries - you name it - and don't see broken glass, broken pottery, old cans, wire, horseshoes, livestock tack, nails, shell casings, corrugated steel, wagon parts, car parts, knife blades, and everything else that you can possibly imagine being discarded since the 16th century. Folks weren't into recycling in those days - they just threw it out the nearest window. This stuff is everywhere. When I find it, I don't automatically call it a "sign", but I do recognize that humans were there for some reason.

What I find interesting about your and Sandy's finds is that, if you saw any of those artifacts carved on a rock, you could probably think, treasure signs. But just seeing them on the ground, as trash, you would probably think nothing of it. Trash would only be important as a treasure sign if it was placed in a spot that would incorporate it into the cache site. For example, if you had a horseshoe laying at the center point between a heart and turtle formation and the open end of the horseshoe was pointing to an owl, you might be able to consider the horseshoe as part of the set up. Sandy has said that to find the cache from the final sign you have to have additional information or a deep seeking metal detector. Trash incorporated into the lay out signs could be used as the additional information. Something else to consider. In New Mexico Confidential, Jim Weaver mentions buckshot being below the surface of the ground in a straight line. I've wondered how anybody could pick up on that, but any modern day sentinel would have metal detectors available to him. Interesting idea.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
To say a little about trash. I use trash to mark sites and trails I want to find again. Aluminum cans are one of my favorites. I'll hang it in a small sapling close to the ground. It'll still be there years later making it easy to back to my exact spot.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I would bring this up since it has to do with locating some of the treasures, there are some old situations where they used a large triangle (marked out with boulders) and the treasure would be somewhere within the triangle but these are far and few between compared to the crisscross method.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross this caught my eye 2017-07-14%2017.52.54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Crosse De Sign,
Nice setup. Thanks for sharing it with everyone.
Is that a tombstone symbol I spy in the background?
-Weekender

There may be a shape like one, not sure it's one though, when you see these 2 pics of
the side of it, you can decide what all there may be. Does make a good seat with a back,
but don't know that it's anything more than that. Hard to see, is the side profile of an owl's
head 'nother pic. The other stuff carved is probably a bit more easy to see though. Just thought
I'd share some of the pics from this totally prohibitive site, I used as a study along with sandy's info...

:
.. View attachment 1472471
:
.. View attachment 1472473

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread