A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
That notch looking thing in the rock in the back ground is interesting

Yeah I found this smaller version (inches) of it carved back down the trail maybe 100 yds.
:
... View attachment 1472514

Cross de sign what is that in front of the stump looks to be hanging on a limb.

I think it's a heavy duty paper-plastic shop towel, was blue, & now faded a lot to white plastic.
There are 3 of these in this area, 100 yds. or so, in between markers. Old Spanish rock type,
& more recent shaped & marked trees, stumps, with the same type towels tied into briar
vines right by the stumps. Some markers are large & fairly obvious, defined. Others
of them are smaller, or much more subtle. Possibly also subject to light, shadows.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought I would bring this up since it has to do with locating some of the treasures, there are some old situations where they used a large triangle (marked out with boulders) and the treasure would be somewhere within the triangle but these are far and few between compared to the crisscross method.

sandy I'm glad you mentioned this, have you found a vault in such a case?

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
thats funny u said about buckshot. i had barbed wire i detected that led from drill hole to three different trees on property that had all been cut down.and had a metal trap buried 1ft down at enterance of cave.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
if u dig out the figure 8 looking knock out i bet it will make a heart.

Well I checked, scraped the surface, & their is no heart tip, I checked.
That is what caught my eye when I was first exploring the area...
When I went back, something with claws had dug there too,
I noticed strong cat odor the time I checked for the heart
tip, but don't know if that's what dug there for sure. So
I smoothed it on back up, & replaced the leaves again.

:
.. View attachment 1472513

:
.. View attachment 1472504
The opposite side of it.
:
.. View attachment 1472505
The one next to it, (lightening bolt?) would point
right at the stump in the middle, with towel & briar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
thats funny u said about buckshot. i had barbed wire i detected that led from drill hole to three different trees on property that had all been cut down.and had a metal trap buried 1ft down at enterance of cave.

Hadji, that is very interesting about the metal trap, somebody else I was helping not long ago ran across a small animal trap at a treasure location as well.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
I thought I would bring this up since it has to do with locating some of the treasures, there are some old situations where they used a large triangle (marked out with boulders) and the treasure would be somewhere within the triangle but these are far and few between compared to the crisscross method.

When you say "large triangle" marked out with boulders, what size in feet would each side of the triangle have to measure in order for it to be considered large?

Let's say a 30x20x30? What would you consider the minimal measurements required for a large triangle? and when they are smaller, will they always be pointing you to another more important stand alone boulder/marker as you previously mentioned?

I was once told by someone a long time ago that you tackle the triangle by measuring from center to center of each boulder and summing up each side of the triangle. Then stand in the center of the triangle and get your compass bearings by facing each of the boulders from the center of the triangle.

Then before I could get any more info from him he abruptly stopped communications. I could no longer get a hold of him. I have no idea if he just decided not to give me the rest of the information and perhaps wanted me to figure out the rest on my own, or perhaps something happened to the guy...... I guess i'll never know.

If I had to guess I would say you add up the sides of each triangle and let's suppose that it measured 90 ft total. Then stand in the center of the triangle and with a lensatic compass you'd take your bearing standing square to each boulder and walk that 90 ft distance on that compass bearing from the center of the triangle past the boulder. That may be the dig spot. Repeat for other two boulders from center of triangle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The triangles should be from 130 to 300 feet per side and be on 15 degree increments with one side being either N/S or E/W.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
When you say "large triangle" marked out with boulders, what size in feet would each side of the triangle have to measure in order for it to be considered large?

Let's say a 30x20x30? What would you consider the minimal measurements required for a large triangle? and when they are smaller, will they always be pointing you to another more important stand alone boulder/marker as you previously mentioned?

I was once told by someone a long time ago that you tackle the triangle by measuring from center to center of each boulder and summing up each side of the triangle. Then stand in the center of the triangle and get your compass bearings by facing each of the boulders from the center of the triangle.

Then before I could get any more info from him he abruptly stopped communications. I could no longer get a hold of him. I have no idea if he just decided not to give me the rest of the information and perhaps wanted me to figure out the rest on my own, or perhaps something happened to the guy...... I guess i'll never know.

If I had to guess I would say you add up the sides of each triangle and let's suppose that it measured 90 ft total. Then stand in the center of the triangle and with a lensatic compass you'd take your bearing standing square to each boulder and walk that 90 ft distance on that compass bearing from the center of the triangle past the boulder. That may be the dig spot. Repeat for other two boulders from center of triangle.

Here's a triangle setup.

152.jpg

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The big triangle has an owl on each corner and measures about 275 yards by 500 yards by 450 yards. The small one is about 180 yards by 50 yards by 150 yards and has an eye a heart and a small D shaped rock in the corners, the purple X is a big hole and where the D rock led to. As you can see, the hole is outside the triangle about 100 feet. The D shaped rock has a small cleft on the vertical line and a pie shaped pointer, about 9 inches away that gives you the direction to go. The direction from the D rock to the hole is east.

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
#20 of Sandy's guide mentions a triangle used to show the last markers at a vault site. The set up that I showed above had such a triangle that showed the last three markers before the hole. Here's a picture.

triangle.JPG

Here is a closeup showing the last three symbols, the eye the heart and the D stone.

tri.jpg

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
#20 of Sandy's guide mentions a triangle used to show the last markers at a vault site. The set up that I showed above had such a triangle that showed the last three markers before the hole. Here's a picture.

View attachment 1472576

Here is a closeup showing the last three symbols, the eye the heart and the D stone.

View attachment 1472577

mdog, so let me get this straight... First you found the large triangle setup that consisted of 3 owl boulders at each corner. Then within that triangle somewhere in your investigations you spotted the carved out symbols of the eye, heart, and "D" on the boulder that you have pictured.... (by any chance did that boulder with the symbols of the heart, D, and eye happen to be one of the owl boulders that made the first large triangle or was this boulder found somewhere else INSIDE this large triangle?)

Lastly, you found the second triangle setup by finding the boulders that matched the carved symbols? Correct me if i'm wrong so far.....

Thanks.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Interesting ... Both pics have same eye.

I_See_You.jpg

... and inside the triagle is a nice touch.

EDIT:

Oops, optical illusion! It isn't a triangle. My bad.

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Crosse De Sign..... SIMPLY AWESOME! That owl profile is by far the most common you'll find in the field... and is your last pic a snake with open mouth?

NICE!

I have to ask if you've had any encounters or seen anything out of the norm while venturing back and forth to this area?

Thanks for sharing.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
:
.. View attachment 1472708
:
.. View attachment 1472707
:
.. View attachment 1472700

Thanks AIORIA, yes that last one reminds me of a snake mouth.
Another that I learned better recognize from sandy. Along with
a rabbit with it's ears laid back, a skull, shaft sign, a-frame,
diamond, pentagon, duck, etc. & others either in the few
pics posted, or some more soon to come.

As far as contact, I asked a watcher a couple of questions, &
was later checked on. But that is a little story I may or not tell
a little later. My sentinel experience here was unsuspecting at first,
but then figured the activity out, by hanging out & looking around...

Several of the boulders & rocks shown so far, could be part of multiple
alignments along with the various degrees, though haven't checked or
recorded them, just been fascinated with walking around taking pics...
This has been a fun area to research, & there's a lot more to story.
I would call this sort of a 'textbook' scenario in a particular way,
& I think you all would enjoy... The rest of the story, if I tell it...

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
mdog, so let me get this straight... First you found the large triangle setup that consisted of 3 owl boulders at each corner. Then within that triangle somewhere in your investigations you spotted the carved out symbols of the eye, heart, and "D" on the boulder that you have pictured.... (by any chance did that boulder with the symbols of the heart, D, and eye happen to be one of the owl boulders that made the first large triangle or was this boulder found somewhere else INSIDE this large triangle?)

Lastly, you found the second triangle setup by finding the boulders that matched the carved symbols? Correct me if i'm wrong so far.....

Thanks.

The first owl was part of an eye catcher that also consisted of a hummingbird and a duck. These were big. By these birds was a big rock formation with a hole, in the shape of an eye. The second owl, of the big triangle actually consisted of a cluster of shadow owls. Between the first owl and the second grouping, was the carving showing the last three symbols, The heart, the eye and the D. 500 yards west of the shadow owls was a small owl shaped rock, about 18 inches, pointing back toward the first owl. On the line between the third owl and the first owl was a heart shaped boulder. I was able to find the small D shaped rock by looking at the line from the heart to the eye and then comparing that to the carving to find the location of the D rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread