A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps to help weed out false alignments? Or to verify that whatever was buried is still there? That would be all I could do at the sites I know of because they are on public land.

A, Miboje is correct there are several reasons to catch an aura first, you want to know if there is something still buried in the ground, there is no point in digging and finding the hole if there is no treasure to dig up. second, with an aura you have a specific spot to look at and find out where the markers are leading to (the crisscross spot), thirdly, the less time your in the area searching and digging the less chance you have of the government or sentinels finding you.

Think of the camera auras as just using another piece of equipment, I mean if you had a ground penetrating radar that showed you a treasure in the ground, wouldn't you use it to verify there was a treasure in the ground Before you went out digging or would you spend huge amounts of time trying to follow the markers to a possible empty vault?

Non Invasive scans (aura/detector) of a treasure area is always the second step after finding suspected markers that lead to a vault, you want as much proof as possible there is a treasure still buried at the location before digging or spending to much time at the spot.

I am a big advocate for Proof, and the aura verifies there is a treasure, and when you go to the aura, the markers that you find at the aura location verify that a treasure has been marked at that spot which means the markers verify the aura as a treasure. (if there were an aura but no markers I would not pursue the location, but that has never happened to me before)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
So, everyone talks about Kenworthy. You have never mentioned him here. And apparently everyone likes legends and such. Care to share anything first hand knowledge about Kenworthy while we wait? Ever run around with him much?

My Parent were involved with Kenworthy quite a bit and he showed them several places to dig, I talked with him on the phone a few times before he passed in the mid 90s.

Here is a picture of Kenworthy with my parents at the Superstitions when he was working on the Dutchman treasure.
1 (37).jpg

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy1 post 1298

If you have a large skull like that--does it give directions to the cache?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy1 post 1298

If you have a large skull like that--does it give directions to the cache?

I have seen one skull that was marking a cache, it had an arrow rock in its eye that pointed at the cache location less than 30 feet away.

However Most skulls I have seen are just in the general vicinity of the area of a cache.

This is the reason why I am including the skull hill (right side from post 1304) in my aura pictures (just in case there is a storage below the skull)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy, by what I have learned from you and your treasure guide, we should always look for 2 or more alignments that intersect to form a crisscross. Then after that is established, then we move to the next step which is to try and catch the Auras.... With all due respect to you my friend, and just out of curiosity, why is it that in this particular situation you wouldn't establish the crisscross first and then try to catch the auras?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

A, I wanted to mention another thing, the alignments I showed in my guide were found after I had caught an aura, when I went to the aura the markers and alignments were right at the aura spot on the hill.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
When you get to the base of these type hills, did they favor the flat ground in front of them or more on the sidehill to bury something at? Or both.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
When you get to the base of these type hills, did they favor the flat ground in front of them or more on the sidehill to bury something at? Or both.

Here are the normal locations of storages,

The kings Accumulation Storages are normally close by a wash (On the side of the bank) within 100 or 200 feet generally closer to 100 or less from the wash and easy to get a wagon to.

If there is no wash nearby and the kings storage is up on the side of a hill it will be on a standalone hill or have a hole that you can see light sky through from down below or the first hill of a mountain range with at least 1 big boulder marking it at the base or there will be a single lit up rock that shows the hill the storage is on etc.(it must stand out in some way so they could refind it easily)

The other smaller storages are either in between a couple of rocks/cliffs that come together with dirt between them (like a crevice, must be easy to spot for them), or under a ledge on the side of a hill on a good trail, or just on a trail with markers you find by being on the trail, all of these will have a wash or a trail to them.

This last place I found is really a prime example of the type location a kings storage would be placed, you can see the wash down below.

1 (20).JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the one I showed in my guide, again notice the location of the wash less than 100 feet down below, in this case the markers are in the wash itself due to the fact that this is not a high flow wash.
9b.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh, very cool , I have a huge boulder with X on it next to an a frame with a topline (looks like a tent) just like that. I call them tent rocks. They are both very out of place as they are granite and there is no granite within miles of where they are. The white patch on the tent shaped rock is quartz cut in to a triangle shape up close.

P1010666 boulder and a Frame.jpg P1010662 X boulder with a A frame rock.jpg P1010665 boulder and A frame.jpg

There's part of a very old wagon trail that runs right below them like 50 feet away. It's just a remnant trail now, not much left of it. It's along a river corridor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks Good for storage markers, I know how many you have up there, and just think around 900 miles north of me and your finding the same kinds of markers.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it's pretty uncanny really. Many of the same type/shape markers/layouts etc.
The ones I just posted seem to be pointing to a missing corner. The back side of the X rock is a giant turtle or snake head looking left, possibly over towards a spot. The top line of the tent rock lines out to 240 degrees towards the same area. The X rock and the tent rock are due north /south from each other and 9 varas apart. Not a good place to dig at though, just saw them while one day while driving by and walked up and took a few pics and measurements, seeing if I could learn anything. I suppose I could set cameras up on it sometime, maybe learn some more, but there are too many other places I already have to be working on... plus all the heat and smoke are driving me nuts up here.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I took pictures today trying to catch an aura (at the location with the A-Frame rock) but did not capture any I will try to catch one this weekend, the aura capturing is the part that requires patience as the auras are very hard to catch, I am hoping to catch one within 5,000 to 10,000 shots, today was the first 1000.

Hey sandy,

How many pics you taken now?
Just using 1 camera, or?
Thanks in advance... 8-)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the one camera and so far just set up twice or 2000 pictures.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
You made me think about the split second time,
and I'm getting to be kinda' like Quinoa...
Thinking about capturing alternative
seconds, 1 frame ea. would be nice. :icon_scratch:

So I've got to figure out synchronizing,
say with a stop watch? Haven't been
doing as long, not young as ye are... :laughing7:
Time tick ticking...away... 8-)

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the reasons I bombard a site with cameras is the auras are rarer the further north you go. Less radiation/solar effects. But it's a lot of work packing all that gear around as well as getting them all set up. Probably not so necessary down south. He'll likely get an aura out of that location in a few tries. I did one set up where I used 5 cameras and I got one aura on the very first picture from the first camera I looked thru the pictures of. And that was the only one I got out of the 5 cameras that day, some 4-5k pictures (not all did a full shoot sequence, the batteries can go dead in the middle of the sequence sometimes). Really to cover the full time frame , you would have shoot like a 100+ or more frames a second. Afternoons/ evenings seem to work well here.

It's just a game of odds, but when you get one, no matter how many hours or 1000's pictures it took you to get it, it is worth more than many years of walking around in the field for the knowledge/opportunity it brings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
It's just a game of odds, but when you get one, no matter how many hours or 1000's of pictures it took you to get it, it is worth more than many years of walking around in the field for the knowledge/opportunity it brings.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the reasons I bombard a site with cameras is the auras are rarer the further north you go. Less radiation/solar effects. But it's a lot of work packing all that gear around as well as getting them all set up. Probably not so necessary down south. He'll likely get an aura out of that location in a few tries. I did one set up where I used 5 cameras and I got one aura on the very first picture from the first camera I looked thru the pictures of. And that was the only one I got out of the 5 cameras that day, some 4-5k pictures (not all did a full shoot sequence, the batteries can go dead in the middle of the sequence sometimes). Really to cover the full time frame , you would have shoot like a 100+ or more frames a second. Afternoons/ evenings seem to work well here.

It's just a game of odds, but when you get one, no matter how many hours or 1000's pictures it took you to get it, it is worth more than many years of walking around in the field for the knowledge/opportunity it brings.

Depends on what sort of "radiation" you're talking about that might affect your camera and cause electromagnetic digital anomalies. Ultraviolet from the sun? Solar plasma wind of charged particles? Cosmic plasma from different directions carrying different charged particles? The UV intensity is only somewhat tied to latitude, but the particle waves aren't. The old timers used to claim photographic auras over treasure sites were reproducible and had something to do with the silver emulsions used in certain types of photographic films when exposed at specific points of the sun's cycles.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what sort of "radiation" you're talking about that might affect your camera and cause electromagnetic digital anomalies. Ultraviolet from the sun? Solar plasma wind of charged particles? Cosmic plasma from different directions carrying different charged particles? The UV intensity is only somewhat tied to latitude, but the particle waves aren't. The old timers used to claim photographic auras over treasure sites were reproducible and had something to do with the silver emulsions used in certain types of photographic films when exposed at specific points of the sun's cycles.
sdc, you sound real scientific about all those rays. Would you like to explain which one or what system you personally prefer and use to get to the '' dig here '' spot? I for one would really like to know. Thanks in advance.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
sdc, you sound real scientific about all those rays. Would you like to explain which one or what system you personally prefer and use to get to the '' dig here '' spot? I for one would really like to know. Thanks in advance.

I believe the "aura" needs to be a repeatable phenomena, not a lucky 1 in 10,000 digital film anomaly. I wouldn't be surprised that if a guy took 10,000 digital shots pointing into the sky he might also get light blotches once in a while.

A guy I once knew pretty well tested the Polaroid SX-70 film method back in the 80s with fair results. He put some gold coins in a canning jar and concealed it in several different locations, some a foot deep in the dirt, some back under a rock ledge, etc - lots of different conditions. He always took his photos just at sunup with the coin jar at 90 degrees to the sun's location. I saw lots of his Polaroids - some had a bright yellow/white "aura" above the coins, some had a fainter glow, less than half had nothing. He said the aura was never visible to the naked eye - it only showed up on the photos. He also told me that he tested other camera films, but the SX-70 was the only one that worked. Of course, you have to have a good idea where the loot might be buried first, because you need to get the sun angle correct. I tried the method once with no results, but as it turned out, I was wrong to begin with about a cache being where the photo was taken. They don't make SX-70 film any more, and it's real hard to find. I think the Chinese are making Polaroid film, but I don't know if theirs works the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread