A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, this is not a contest here. You are all correct. The previous comments were not intended to take away any of the excellent
merits and efforts that Sandy has accomplished through his extensive work and experience. As i have previously said, my hat is OFF to him.

Nevertheless, we are comparing apples to oranges. The previous guys deserve their place in the BIG SCHEME OF THINGS, at least in the very
beginning, before they got carried away. ( like many humans do)

Nobody can take you from your couch or car, through the mountain/desert trail directly and straight into the right hole to start your dig.
That kind of accomplishment comes with years of grinding exhausting efforts, lots of sweats, bruises, thirst and self-doubt at times.
With all that,....comes experience. Only your own experience will teach you to SIFT THROUGH all written information by others, including:
apples,oranges,Kenworthy, etc,etc.

My personal comments here are not meant to anguish nor to be-little anybody, and absolutely not intended to offend. Peace.

Your wrong Maverick1. Out in the Southwest where iam at, Sandy1 could most certainly take me from my couch,car to the pit symbol to very close if not on top of the cache. In that type of cache set up. He would be the only one so far that i would follow on that trip. Not that there are not others, he is the only one that has come forward and exposed that info. So your wrong on that. He can take you from the couch to the car to the burial pit in those types of caches. Do you care to show any of your photos of treasure hunting? And why nobody can do it?, do you care to go more into why nobody can do it? You must have alot of experience to make that statement. Looking forward to your statement and proof,so i can quit wasting my time.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
OK Dog, I'm wrong. many a men were before me, and many others will be after I'm gone.

I cannot accept your challenge for TWO reasons. First, I'm not an obstructionist looking for trouble/challenges of any kind.
SECOND, it will not be fair to deviate this thread into cheap fights between members of the same team, AND it is NOT FAIR to Sandy to whom
I have nothing but RESPECT. As to my personal experience, well, it is personal. Sorry, no show off in my pile of dirt. Peace, bro.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have talked with all these guys who were mentioned (rangler stilldign kenworthy)

When it came right down to it getting real information from any of them was like pulling teeth, so the idea that these guys would give out secrets online is crazy, they would always stop short of the final information and keep it secret, this is the major difference between me and them.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, you put out more info at every step of the way than all these guys combined. But much credit to them for peaking the interest and making you look around for the stuff in the field.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have talked with all these guys who were mentioned (rangler stilldign kenworthy)

When it came right down to it getting real information from any of them was like pulling teeth, so the idea that these guys would give out secrets online is crazy, they would always stop short of the final information and keep it secret, this is the major difference between me and them.

True. If what i read about kenworthy is true. Which is he found a cache of silver bars in Arizona,and the hole he dug is still there. But no where is it in his books that i have seen, where he said how he got from point A to point Z the recovery. So to me,thats says he had no intention of showing anyone how to make a recovery of a cache. He probably told some of his family, but he surly didn't tell anyone how its done in his books. Its not gonna come from his books.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
True. If what i read about kenworthy is true. Which is he found a cache of silver bars in Arizona,and the hole he dug is still there. But no where is it in his books that i have seen, where he said how he got from point A to point Z the recovery. So to me,thats says he had no intention of showing anyone how to make a recovery of a cache. He probably told some of his family, but he surly didn't tell anyone how its done in his books. Its not gonna come from his books.

When my parents were with Kenworthy at Apache Junction he showed them a aerial photo of multiple caches he and his crew dug up (all in the one photo this was in CA) according to him each cache was valued in the millions (As far as I remember he said it was silver)
(but they are the same kinds of caches I am showing)

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dont think Rangler or the others on here knew how to get to the X spot. I think they where just fishing for others info. and photos. They surely didn't post many photos of theirs,and it seemed they just kept the same old same old going on round and round.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont think Rangler or the others on here knew how to get to the X spot. I think they where just fishing for others info. and photos. They surely didn't post many photos of theirs,and it seemed they just kept the same old same old going on round and round.

DTTH,

You may be right, but some of them were trying, and sharing
what they thought, that includes sincere guys like Old Dog.
I learned from his thread, some of basics that did help.
So credit where it's been due, but now sandy1 has
far surpassed, what I learned, saw, or knew.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, i dont buy that. I think people where being mislead,on purpose. Just like with kenworthy, here's a guy that has found treasure,but he aint showing you how to get there. You only need to go out in the field and walk around and realize things just don't add up.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Dog, I think your correct in the misleading area, I have seen some treasure hunting books that were so far off base that they really do seem to be trying to mislead you.

Two of the things I hear that make me cringe is when somebody tells you to go a half mile or better away from a good marker, and the second one is, that marker is too new to have been around for two or three hundred years.(I guess they never heard about the sentinels remarking sites)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, I have a place for you to look at and take pictures of since your in Phoenix, go up Grand/60 just before you get to Wittmann take a look at the White Tank Mountains on your left (on a sunny day) When you find the marker take a picture of it and post it on here for everybody.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts from those old timers were all we had at the time, and I was grateful to at least be learning to identify that something was a marker. I learned a ton. Now we have much better info, but we had what we had at the time.
Dsty has also been very helpful and forthcoming with info that led him to hand-dug holes. Again, I am grateful for what I learned.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, i dont buy that. I think people where being mislead,on purpose. Just like with kenworthy, here's a guy that has found treasure,but he aint showing you how to get there. You only need to go out in the field and walk around and realize things just don't add up.

DTTH,

Again, Not disagreeing, perceived sincerity at least at times. But especially
from some, though maybe very few, were trying with what they knew, and
also, they may not be here to take up for themselves at all now. Some may
still think something like dowsing for example is misleading. While others do
believe it works. I'm just happy to have sandy1's thinking outside of the box.

His perception, observing over many years, & being able to progress to putting
the pieces, patterns all together. To get the insight of the mysterious and clever
Spanish/sentinel hide the unknown clues in plain sight game. Realizing the other
enticers would side track, confuse, & wear out many a tracker, who shared or not.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I've learned from the nonexperts just commenting on pictures. Sandy has taught us so much about how they layed out the sites and the basic ways they led you to the treasure area. I do believe most sites around the country are similar in a lot of ways. That they had a common way of relocating what was put in the ground. The books that I have read are pretty much useless to finding the actual treasure. They do show what to look for to get on a trail but following it to the end is not in them.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Possibly because they were searching & confused, also secretive like you say.
Undoubtedly, but I personally think Old Dog tried the hardest to share, and
be good about it, and will stand by that thought. His thread helped to open
my eyes early on in my learning, as a newbie with some neat seen/unseen
things to discover and recognize out in the field.

Absolutely, sandy1 has not only shared so many pics and info/techniques,
answered every question, and has opened the way for others to follow...

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another thing that has been an ongoing debate, whether there was a kings code back to multiple treasures.

I do believe that I have shown enough of the same types of markers at multiple treasure sites, in particular the A-Frames, Hearts, Turtles, Shaft Signs etc, that there should be no question that not only was there a specific code to follow but that it was obviously the same group that buried so many of these treasures.

Measurements are a huge factor in proving that these were the same group as well, since I have found the same measurements at multiple sites over and over again (the 33 inch Vara and English feet)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I would personally try catching an aura first.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It does look like its lined over to. 82417 425 line.jpg I don't know where the line stops though. It could even be beforehand though, like right after the last small diamond marker, or further out.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok we can try the hard way then, did you find a Shaft sign at the spot?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread