A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The Shaft Sign itself is an alignment as are each of the two rocks that I have shown that you find when you go through the shaft sign, meaning I have found 3 (2 rock) alignments to the dig spot all from this single shaft sign.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I've seen it that way quite a bit, in fact that was the main way I was trying to use it, but sometimes when there is a big shaped boulder on the side of the shaft sign you go over the big boulder aligning with something in the background. I didn't get the chance to try the straight over the pointed rock across the gap which you had shown a long time ago , over the boulder on other side of gap yet, but this I was thinking it was more rare where I am at. It's possible though there could be more than one alignment off any shaft sign or at least a couple ways they used them on a map.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
In other words you are sometimes going

____
____ ---->

Like this from a shaft sign sign/gap.

Or

______
______

Boulder --->

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The other way is

____
____
..l
..l
.\/

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
It took me a bit to find the boulder that aligned with the last boulder that I found looking through the shaft sign, the reason why is because it was over a cliff and completely out of sight (a first for me) Here is the second alignment Boulder. I have marked the line going to the dig spot with a red arrow.
9.JPG

Here I am at the Dig spot looking back down the alignment of these two boulders (the red arrow is pointing out the second boulder in the back, When I measured to the far Boulder I found it was 181.5 feet which is exactly 66 Varas or 1/2 of 132 Varas. (Remember the 123 numbers)
8.JPG

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, when you find two of the biggest boulders in the area, you don't worry so much about what is carved on them as you do about just making an alignment out of them, each one of these boulders in the last post have been carved to death.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have marked all three of the alignments (blue lines) that were found using the shaft sign in different ways.
8.JPG

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Yes the dead Ocotillo was actually covering the entire spot until I removed them (the work of the sentinels to subtly mark the spot for themselves)

Sandy, you have shown us many examples of the dig spots and how the sentinels most of the time already found and marked them before you found them. From your experience, what percentage of the dig spots that you have found were already marked in some subtle way (as you pointed out in the previous post) by sentinels?

Also can you please tell us in what ways were they marked (the ones that they did mark) apart from the two examples you have shown in your posts; putting small rocks in a circle or placing a dead plant or cactus on the dig spot?

Thank you.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
A, I have seen dead logs a small circle of rocks dead ocotillos even in one case multiple rocks laying right on top of the dig spot, I have seen over a dozen that have been marked by sentinels., and will be checking out some more soon.
There are spots that have nothing at all on the ground as well, which is the way it was left originally.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Your posts are like FOOD for a treasure hunter that has been starving for a long time. Thank you for showing the 3 alignments with the shaft sign leading to the dig spot. You did a wonderful job showing and explaining everything.

You are like a good shepherd feeding the starving flock.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
I was looking at your picture with the alignments and I believe I can see at least one more alignment leading to the dig spot.
It is at the 10 O'clock position. I marked it in red and circled the 2 boulders that would make the alignment.

Sandy, is that indeed another alignment or am I just seeing things?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
A. on those ones when your standing at the crisscross spot they are not in alignment.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Sandy, I first heard about sentinels when dealing with KGC treasure. They supposedly have these guys watching and guarding the treasure from generation to generation.

It is interesting to me that you bring up these sentinels but not in the same light as the books about them which seem to state they are only related to KGC treasure and not Spanish.

Are there more than "one type" of sentinel out there?

Also, do these guys check on the treasures OFTEN to make sure no one is tampering with them.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Sandy1, This is a great thread, keep it coming, please. And I have another question. Can the alignment rocks align up hill, down hill or horizon on a hill. Or are they always up hill from a wash? I just dug a hole with the backhoe in a dig spot I thought the sentinels had marked with a small turtle and owl on the surface. It'3ft to bed rock and no vault just a few 50lb flat rocks there. I guess it's a faulse lead you talked about. Thanks

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; Question: If you are a site and see dead plants in an area that has the Markers there is it safe to say that you could go straight to the spot where the dead plants or rock piles are instead of going through all the motions of figuring out the Alignments ?? Kind of like a short cut.
Also, I'm missing something here. If you have your triangle figured out how do you know where within that triangle the dig spot is ?? I can figure out the Triangle just not where in the Triangle ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Barker, one way to work a triangle is to measure the distance around it, in vara's and go off one corner that is marked. If it's not marked use degree line that Sandy told us about. I've went straight north of the north corner for the next clue. Sandy will straighten us out on this.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Thanks. I look forward to Sandy's reply s well. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread