A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A warning about buying Pulse Star inventory--

The inventory of Pulse Star Metal Detectors is ( in my opinion ) rapidly disappearing!!

If you need the Pulse Star --for it's deep detecting ability--do NOT wait--order it now!
I have been in touch with 4 pulse star dealers ( from the Pulse Star web site )
and 3 of the four can not get in inventory.

One person I talked to at Kellico would NOT order items when I tried a week ago.
This week at Kellico I got a woman whom would order the 2 X 2 meter search coil for me--
--no idea when delivery will be--refused to order the 12 volt car charger and the 26 foot
universal search coil as she said they are no longer made!!

Anyone is welcome to correct me if I am wrong--getting the 26' universal search coil wire loop
is a BXXXX---and getting any search coils is difficult.

Their is a person here whom has tested over $ 10,000 of different metal detectors with the options
( Garrett / fisher 2 box, ect ) on them and only the Pulse Star could detect any of the Cache
that Sandy1 is speaking of.

Barton

Why would you buy a metal detector, if his guide leads you to the vaults? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just use the guide?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Dog, the reason you use a metal detector is if the treasure doesn't turn out to be at the crisscross spot, it will be very close by the crisscross spot for certain, so getting within 50 feet of a treasure (that you know is still buried in the ground due to the aura) is better than anything I have ever seen anybody else show how to do online.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, the reason you use a metal detector is if the treasure doesn't turn out to be at the crisscross spot, it will be very close by the crisscross spot for certain, so getting within 50 feet of a treasure (that you know is still buried in the ground due to the aura) is better than anything I have ever seen anybody else show how to do online.

Oh i understand now. Dang it, that really screws up the rule book.So some of them follow the rule book and buried it at the cross spot, and some ignored the rule book and went outlaw?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I take it more as the crisscross spot is the first dig spot and then it goes from there to different dig spots, if you read Kenworthys books he said there would be 7 to 13 dig spots and we don't know which one the entrance will be at.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh i understand now. Dang it, that really screws up the rule book.So some of them follow the rule book and buried it at the cross spot, and some ignored the rule book and went outlaw?

I believe that's what's known as a Comfortable Margin Of Error. One of two possible outcomes held in reserve in order to preserve the dogma...either A). When you don't find anything at the spot prescribed by the Guide, you simply didn't look everywhere within 50 feet. Or, B). When you don't find anything at the spot prescribed by the Guide, simply dig everything in a 50 ft. diameter and you are guaranteed to find either a piece of trash, or an odd shaped rock, that means a Sentinel has either retrieved the treasure or moved it. Simple Simon. Dogma preserved.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it more as the crisscross spot is the first dig spot and then it goes from there to different dig spots, if you read Kenworthys books he said there would be 7 to 13 dig spots and we don't know which one the entrance will be at.

I have 2 of his books, but i never did read them,a couple of pages. But man i cant believe he would print that. Did he mean that we dont know where the X spot is, and he dosent know where the X spot is, and they dont (the people that buried it)know for sure where its at? I dont buy that,i dont believe he was a big dummy like that. I never read any stories of him digging holes all over the place. I have read he has dug holes and made recoveries,but he never tells anyone how he got to the X spot. I just dont buy that. Ahh Barton, You better go and get that metal detector after all.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes the correct spot was put on the map which we don't have. But again if there is an aura and there are the correct markers at the aura spot then there is most definitely a treasure still buried very close to the aura and crisscross spot(if not right at the crisscross spot).

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Have you noticed any consistency in the location of the dig spot from the crisscross spot, as far as direction goes, north, south, east or west? If the dig spot is usually east of the crisscross spot, I would guess that might show ownership of the cache. If the dig spot is north of an imaginary line that goes east to west through the crisscross spot, that might show the technique used to find the dig spot from the crisscross spot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The only ways that I have noticed a commonality is when it comes to hills they seem to like to use markers straight uphill/downhill or horizontal/sidehill in other words longitude and latitude according to the slope of the hill not so much with compass degrees.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you noticed any consistency in the location of the dig spot from the crisscross spot, as far as direction goes, north, south, east or west? If the dig spot is usually east of the crisscross spot, I would guess that might show ownership of the cache. If the dig spot is north of an imaginary line that goes east to west through the crisscross spot, that might show the technique used to find the dig spot from the crisscross spot.

Mdog, Right you are. Few will understand your question, and even fewer will know the correlation between cardinal points and ownership. Kudos to you for hitting the nail at the right angle. By now you obviously know how to discern between false leads and real instructions encoded in the lingo of their particular period. (by the way 7-13 is also a simple code for East, put out there by Slick Dick K. to represent one direction ONLY……if it is Spanish vault)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Mdog please enlighten us as to your knowledge that Maverick seems to think you are so privy to?

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

No ignorin' dtth, not really. Keep a positive perspective bro, like I know you've surely also said, it's about using all your various outlaw weapons, natural animal savvy, & civilized tools (like the guide) in yer stealthy solo arsenal...

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Now yer bein' comical kinda' like them thread jokesters... :icon_jokercolor:
Is that like knowin' everthin'; ceptin' where the treasure's at :icon_scratch: ??? :sunny:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said before, I would use equipment (detectors) if the entrance was not found at the crisscross spot, no comedy there.
Once you have pinpointed the aura and the crisscross spot you are actually close enough to the treasure to use a detector, and you have the best proof you can get that a treasure is still buried in that immediate area with the aura and the markers corroborating each other to the existence of the treasure.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog, Right you are. Few will understand your question, and even fewer will know the correlation between cardinal points and ownership. Kudos to you for hitting the nail at the right angle. By now you obviously know how to discern between false leads and real instructions encoded in the lingo of their particular period. (by the way 7-13 is also a simple code for East, put out there by Slick Dick K. to represent one direction ONLY……if it is Spanish vault)

That makes more sense than having to dig 7 to 13 pot holes looking 4 the X spot. Yea i could see Kenworthy digging holes all over the place. I bet there's people already thinking 7 means campsite 13 means owl, thats where the X spot is,where the camp crosses the owl. I broke the rule book code! Iam surprised you buy into that 7 to 13 numbers Sandy1. Good Luck guys.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said before, I would use equipment (detectors) if the entrance was not found at the crisscross spot, no comedy there.
Once you have pinpointed the aura and the crisscross spot you are actually close enough to the treasure to use a detector, and you have the best proof you can get that a treasure is still buried in that immediate area with the aura and the markers corroborating each other to the existence of the treasure.

Right, 10-4, understood. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
That makes more sense than having to dig 7 to 13 pot holes looking 4 the X spot. Yea i could see Kenworthy digging holes all over the place. I bet there's people already thinking 7 means campsite 13 means owl, thats where the X spot is,where the camp crosses the owl. I broke the rule book code! Iam surprised you buy into that 7 to 13 numbers Sandy1. Good Luck guys.

And good luck to you with your dowsing.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy1 Post 1763

Rocky. I will say this, I have taken tens of thousands of shots at a specific aura spot (one I already caught) and could never duplicate it again, these auras are very rare and when you do catch a good one don't expect to repeat it again"

I have a question for you on using the Pentax camera----instead of having the "P" have you tried the camera using the double circles /
fireworks display--as the instructions say this holds the aperture open for 4 seconds

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
No, never tried it that way B, but I would expect a serious overexposure on a sunny day like that.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy1 Post 1768 ( by the way I love your photo )

To me the auras--all popped / appeared at once
So the sun's energy that caused one to appear--caused them all to appear at one time.

This may also have another application--prospecting for rich mineral deposits

Barton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread