Markers and signs

Snowmansta

Sep 21, 2011
Orange County New York
Just a few questions i see some of the photos posted of what people call faces and turtles also some x's. So my question is are these just markers of out west and down south or would they be in the northeast as well. I have seen several things but just pushed them off to be that of natural formations. Any way to tell if they are authentic or not and also i have seen the bent tree's mentioned also. I have seen a few of those as well and insight to help me out maybe point me in the right direction or just advice what to look for would be apreciated. Thanks everyone.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Snowmansta
The signs are the same all over the world if Spanish. They did work in differing environments and with the materials available so that can make signs appear different.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You can find spaniards animals and signs carved over ancient cities and roads
Spain was a Kingdom, so, in many countries can find them

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
It's just fun to follow the trails that folks have left for us to follow, trying to get started I would follow the maps of 1840 of New Spain that shows your area, Library's will help, historical sites, It's kinda like playing golf, fishing, I consider it to be a Hobby, The chance of you finding someone that would confess that did find something would be slim.

OP
OP
Snowmansta

Snowmansta

Sep 21, 2011
Orange County New York
It would be cool just to hear the story of somebody that actually accomplished following the trail and coming a crossed at least a single piece of treasure. Even if it was something that was skipped or were left behind by accident.

KenRobertson

Greenie
Nov 24, 2016
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Whites, and two box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Has anyone actually been able to find any treasure linked to these markers". The answer is yes. The problem with finding Spanish treasure is that they buried it extremely deep, 30' to 90'. Some old time treasure hunters told me they did this because they knew the native Americans were not interested in it and that white men were too lazy to dig that deep. They also concealed the actual burial sites and changed the terrain back to it's original state. As a general rule, markers and symbols are not directly on top of the hidden item. The only markers that are within feet of the concealed item would be the mine shafts themselves, unless the shaft concealed buried treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions