PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I've been researching some trail signs and thought I would share some pictures.

By the way, my newest tool is a zoom camera. Night and day difference, night and day.

Here is an example of the zoom

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0095a.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg
Here are some of the local trail markers.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

This isn't all of them, over 200 pictures taken in two days. I hope you enjoyed these.

Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_0095a.jpg
    IMG_0095a.jpg
    945.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The owl hoyo in the ridgeline cutout notch (image 0098 and 0099) is one you look thru for a set of markers across the canyon.

Image 0068 with the cup shape on top left of monument near the double hoyo is a solar monument meaning something lights up at a certain time of day, time of year somewhere nearby, possibly even an alignment with the sun thru the hoyos , making a sunlit spot appear on a shadow down below, or even a representation of it happening on another monument somewhere in the canyon. I can give you some specific dates and times if you are really interested. It will probably be when the sun is due West and still pretty high in the sky in the afternoon, on a certain month, possibly a solstice day, but there are other ones as well. I have photographed them as they happen while having calculating out the time and specific day long beforehand..

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Patrick! Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Quinoa,

That would be great. There are a lot more photos that might work in combination as well.

There are two 'windows' although the one in the picture looks more like a door. Take a closer look on the boulder to the top left of the 'door' and it almost appears as if a star is carved on it. Also, on the right side seems to have some numbers. Can't really tell though but the zoom brings in some excellent detail. I will put some more images up so you can see. Look close at the one on the right too. It really looks like a face was carved with some detail where the lips would be that do not look natural. Right now, I am just finding all the markers and putting them in my topo software so I can find directions easier along with GPS locations.

Here are some other photos. Some were shown in the previous post but it is easier to see them together so I reposted a coupled of them.

IMG_0097.jpg
This is the one that looks like a face may have been carved in the top right rock.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

I went back the next day to take more pics but it was really hazy in the mountains so the clarity is not there. Then it snowed so I will go back in a day or two and get some more.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

I need to hike up to the rocks but the zoom camera (50X zoom) shows an amazing amount of detail from that distance.

Patrick

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more to check out. These are all within a five mile area.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg
This one is maxing out the zoom but I can see something in the dual rocks. The one on the left may be a cross or a face. I just cannot get close enough.

There are many more.

Patrick

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are just fun to look at:
IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1387598
This one is maxing out the zoom but I can see something in the dual rocks. The one on the left may be a cross or a face. I just cannot get close enough.

There are many more.

Patrick

Could this help?

Image1.jpg

I would think definitely a cross ... with the ends like on this coin:

8E_FE5_rev_1714J_Mo.jpg

But, I've been wrong before ... so what do I know?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chadeaux,

At first, I thought there were two face profiles (one for each of the two rocks.) But, I have a few other pics that seem to show the Spanish cross on the left rock. I am a good quarter mile from the rocks and maxing out the zoom capabilities so there may be pixelation issues.

Here are those other pictures for you to take a look at.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

These are the shots taken of that. Its a lot of duplicate subject matter but I am trying to ascertain the details on those rocks from a far distance. I may have some more still on the camera and will check. I seem to remember one with a little better clarity.

Edit:
Ok, I found a couple more of that. These seem to have more detail. The rock on the left definitely has some shape to it. Its on private property and the far away picture shows how distant I am from the formation.

IMG_0052a.jpg

IMG_0054a.jpg

IMG_0057a.jpg

IMG_0058a.jpg

I think it may be a cross. Your coin shows a good representation. Although, it resembles that same symbol marking ownership of Spanish caves/mines/caches. If you google the Cave of Gold in Colorado it has pictures of that same cross at the opening. As I review them it seems like there are four circles in the middle of a larger circle. Maybe that is the outside corners of the cross where the rock was ground down for the cross to be elevated. Maybe I am just seeing things. Maybe a turtle? Any other theories?

Thanks for looking.

Patrick

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GREAT "PICS", Patrick! I knew it was Colorado, when I saw the first "pic". My nephew lives in Boulder... sent me MANY "pics" of the "country-side" there and is part-owner of a GOLD Mine. You DO have MANY "signs"... "Faces" (look in the direction, that the faces are "focused on"... may be "treasure" or the NEXT "clue"; MANY "X" signs, "bird" (again, look in the direction, bird is "focused" on); PROBABLY gonna find MANY old mines/mine-camps. Even placer GOLD in creeks, streams, etc. HH! Good luck!

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an interesting one. Check out the rock on the left and down a little.

The carvings seem to be pointing somewhere.

Cool huh.

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0370a.jpg

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
wonderful photos, I don't remember who told me this but ( Perhaps Sam IN the late 80's Wichita Kns ) there will be two things that you must have to follow trails One = direction and the other = distance. Same thing if you are going to the outhouse

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, my friend! Good luck and good hunting. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread