1 chevron and 4 crosses

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Last month I found myself wandering around the desert in New Mexico (chasing after Spanish gold). I located several large rocks with stuff carved on them. This photo shows a chevron pointing at 4 crosses. The chevron isn't as clear in this photo, but up close you can definately tell it is a chevron. Each cross is placed inside the other (like the old Russian stacking dolls). This photo is the last etching I could find, so I don't know if it indicates an x-marks-the-spot message or not. If someone thinks it's significant, I can add some photos of the other etchings leading up to this final rock.

Attachments

• 4_crosses_and_one_chevron.jpg
    4_crosses_and_one_chevron.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 659

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wild, I saw something very similar to that recently. Not far away was a hole that was dug...

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
haha!

Well anyway the good news it that there should be a bunch of buried treasure not far from you :o :o

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
very interesting picture but would have liked more shots, i can see the cross of lorraine and what appears to be either the mark for 2 varas or a skull? im not seeing chevrons im seeing direction distance markers possibly KM ***
ive reposted your pics and marked them, there appears to be more on the rock but i would need to see more pics

Attachments

• indexCAHLNWQB.jpg
    indexCAHLNWQB.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 557

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Bob,
Definitely Jesuit signs!

Are there any large rock projections close?
If not absolutely scour the site for additional marks.
When it boils down to varas you should be pretty close.

Look for concealed openings that will be sealed.
And be extra careful.
the Jesuits were about the most cunning and devious people ever to walk that part of the country. They are renowned for their death traps.

OD

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Hey guys:

It may be a little while before I get back to the area in the photo. Thanks for all the input.

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Peerless67, I have several other people looking at these photos right now. I need to hear what they have to say before I post more detailed views of each pic..

However, I will post a pic of the rock leading to the 4 crosses rock. I don't know what to make of this one. If I look carefully, I can see images of spiders and people. It does look like someone else may have rendered some of the images to be unreadable (see top right). What do you think?

Attachments

• stone_leading_to_4_crosses_stone.jpg
    stone_leading_to_4_crosses_stone.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 529

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
i have removed the rock and left the marks, really need a pic without the bush in the way.
well i look forward to your post in the mean time heres the pic with the rock removed for all to look at maybe someone can see some thing.

Attachments

• spider with rock gone.jpg
    spider with rock gone.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 464
W

woodpecker

hi Arizona Bob

The base of the cross looks longer on the left side , is there any markers in front/direction of cross if so look to left of , the rock face looks erroded with age , looks if there were lot more marks on there that are no longer clear, try checking area for more possible markers,

woodpecker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions