Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Take a stick and slap it on the top of the ledge if you can't see it, might be where ole rattler is taking a nap. It happened to me with a black snake, not fun

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, I just noticed that I am no longer a tenderfoot...I'm Green!!! Thank you! I am learning as fast as I can:hello2:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the Jesuit work. DE Soto started in the east from what I was taught in the pan handle of fla.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
donkey and bear.jpg owl 2.jpg owl rock.jpg do these look like anything to you guys, one looks like a donkey head to me the other one looks like an owl. they have chisel marks on them.

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma Treasure Seeker, I see a donkey or wolf and an owl : )

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma Treasure Seeker - I think you'd get more views if you would post your own thread.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
What an amazing site. I know where all my spare time would be spent if I were in your shoes.

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed an odd circle on a rock along the edge of a forestry road a couple miles away from the bird location. Something compelled me to take pics of it. After I transferred the pics to my computer, I noticed more about it and had to go take more pics. Am I seeing real things or is my mind playing with me??? Mr Ear 1.JPG

Attachments

• mr ears.jpg
    mr ears.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • Mr Ear 1.JPG
    Mr Ear 1.JPG
    997.4 KB · Views: 124
  • mr ear 2.JPG
    mr ear 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fox ,it's not your mind playing tricks. If you had move a little more to the left. You would have seen the whole picture. Welcome to our world. During different times of the day. That stone would change what you see. It takes me days to photo one stone. Light angles are very important. Different time of year again will be different pictures.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, they did that too. Trees are another part of the puzzle

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add more tomorrow. Signal is awful tonight with t-storms rolling in. I've attempted to add two more pics multiple times and it times out.

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a thought that has been keeping me awake lately regarding the Treasure Mountain legend...If the explorer went to Colorado with over 400 helpers, is it possible that some floated down the Arkansas river to Arkansas to make the vaults and markers and then some brought the treasures to the vaults???

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's possible. They made vaults all across the country.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's a thought that has been keeping me awake lately regarding the Treasure Mountain legend...If the explorer went to Colorado with over 400 helpers, is it possible that some floated down the Arkansas river to Arkansas to make the vaults and markers and then some brought the treasures to the vaults???

Here's a link to Randy Bradford's thread about Treasure Mountain.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...reasure-mountain-co-lost-frenchmens-gold.html

If the legend is even true, who knows whether or not the Frenchmen set up cache sites on a return route. My guess would be no. That being said, there could be hundreds of cache sites along the Arkansas River. There are many things, besides gold and silver that could be hidden at such places. Furs, clothing, trade goods, weapons, food, darn near anything. I hope you love to read, because if you want to find out what type of trade goods moved along the trails and streams in your area, you're gonna have to do a lot of reading. You seem to have found an interesting place to start your research.

Feb 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am new to this sight and am having trouble navigating it. i asked rebel kgc to look at some pics, but i couldn't upload them so i gave him my email add. but i guess he thought it was a scam. i am having a difficult time deciphering the meaning of what i found. it is out in the middle of bfe and a difficult place to get to, it can only be traversed by foot.

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am new to this sight and am having trouble navigating it. i asked rebel kgc to look at some pics, but i couldn't upload them so i gave him my email add. but i guess he thought it was a scam. i am having a difficult time deciphering the meaning of what i found. it is out in the middle of bfe and a difficult place to get to, it can only be traversed by foot.

I am still learning the site also. The phone app is harder lol Don't give up, there's plenty to read while you wait for him to respond.

OP
OP
F

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a link to Randy Bradford's thread about Treasure Mountain.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...reasure-mountain-co-lost-frenchmens-gold.html

If the legend is even true, who knows whether or not the Frenchmen set up cache sites on a return route. My guess would be no. That being said, there could be hundreds of cache sites along the Arkansas River. There are many things, besides gold and silver that could be hidden at such places. Furs, clothing, trade goods, weapons, food, darn near anything. I hope you love to read, because if you want to find out what type of trade goods moved along the trails and streams in your area, you're gonna have to do a lot of reading. You seem to have found an interesting place to start your research.

I've been tied to family matters and still haven't had a chance to complete the viewing of the pics I have taken and share some of my maker finds. Thank you for the link, I will try to get to reading it and sharing soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread