Large so tree

andrewt

Jul 2, 2015
Orange County NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this tree on a ridge above an old farm... there are numerous very old oak trees but this one stood out to me ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486850548.178812.jpg

What do you think?

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How large is the circumference ??
I have found that most areas have been logged or cut down many,,MANY times in the past 200 years.
Firewood,,,lumber,,,fuel for old smelting operations,,farming, whatever.
Very few,, if any of the "sign" trees are around,,, especially where I live and quite probably where you are now.
If you "feel" something MAY be buried or hidden there I would look for other clues,, as in rock piles, cairns,,shaped rocks or groupings that may pont you in the right direction.
BUT,,,,
If you were in the west,,, the deserts or mountains there are cacti and even old dead trees that are real markers,, even still.
Be aware of anything that may not be a natural formation,, I would begin there.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely appears to have been heavily manipulated. If I had found it, I would stand under that elbow on the right, face the trunk, get a compass bearing and start walking that direction. Some folks may say to walk in the direction that the elbow is pointing. Try both. Any carvings on the tree? Also, look for unusual or carved rocks near the base of the tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread