Rock with marks on it help identify marks

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN5793.JPG DSCN5794.JPG DSCN5796.JPG DSCN5797.JPG DSCN5798.JPG DSCN5799.JPG DSCN5800.JPG DSCN5801.JPG DSCN5802.JPG DSCN5803.JPG DSCN5804.JPG DSCN5805.JPG DSCN4748.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you in? State only please. It's telling you a story. It's like a map. Your lighting is to Brite. But once you learn how bring out the features on it. You will be able to some extent to see the the work on it. Not sure yet who's responsible for the work. Some of the lines are of the land elevations like on a topo. Map. The other is a water source. It's very worn and hard to make out. It would take a long time to fully understand what's on it. It will be about the area close to where it was found. It could be part of many pieces to a puzzle.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple I toned down the lighting and more contrasting. It will help in reading some things.
128f90c129a13d518b47c96fb877bab7.jpg
d462c65e7f6f1589f9fd3a4380869f09.jpg

OP
OP
U
Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennsylvania I live on mountain area & there is a river down the mountain

stratopastor

Apr 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a geologist but I think the basic explanation is that it's varied layers of sediment. You have something of a timeline of elements that eventually got crushed into being that sedimentary rock... neat find. A local geologist or even a good local science teacher could tell you much much more.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennsylvania I live on mountain area & there is a river down the mountain
OK your in the eastern part of the country. Now you have a couple of orders that could apply to your area. Be patient and others will help. Look at the stone it will have features that will look like the area. It may be just part of the place. The elevation lines will help. They use the letters or numbers in some case to make symbols or some effigies. Not sure what language that is. I did see what I thought was the word hoyo. I could be wrong. It's a hole you can see though or the sun will shine on. You can learn this by reading the threads on here. There is a lot of information to learn. I hope this has helped you get started.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a geologist but I think the basic explanation is that it's varied layers of sediment. You have something of a timeline of elements that eventually got crushed into being that sedimentary rock... neat find. A local geologist or even a good local science teacher could tell you much much more.
They knew this and would use the natural features for a purpose. Often multi colored stones are used. They were masters of the stone. It could be Masons, Templars, or Jesuits. Believe me that nothing

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stratopastor I would not put much faith in finding that kind of help from them. Most don't what to look from when dealing in this stuff. No offense to them but it's not their thing.. I see it all the time.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Bobbo said, simply follow the map to your treasure. No biggie.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't work that way or easy. It would be nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread