Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The rocks that look like a stack of rocks plastered together....is that a bunch of rocks stuck to the underside of an uprooted tree stump?
What is in the background that looks like a pointer rock sticking out of the ground on the left?
Is that a heart on the creature's side, or is it a triangle?
I think the creature lying down looks like a camel body with a smooshed pig's nose. My daughter thinks it's a camel, but doesn't know about the face.
There's too much lichen and moss. There could be something carved on the diamond shape, but you need a sharp close-up pic in winter to see it. It's been said that we don't need to pay attention to the small carvings on the rocks, but I find them fascinating.
Does your phone's camera have a pixel setting that can be increased?

First thing that came to my mind was Elephant that had been damaged. An elephant lying on its belly.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing that came to my mind was Elephant that had been damaged. An elephant lying on its belly.
Yeah, you could be right about that.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the smaller photo, the angle shows the pointer stone from the background to point the same as the heart stone.
It also shows damage or carvings done on one edge of each triangle stone.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501116996.097188.jpg

Sorry, not good tracing, but you can see what I was shooting for...
New app on my iPhone!?!?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospectormikel could you help me in this situation I'm so sorry guys as we have stated before I was treasure hunter when I took these I simply seen somesomething that I thought was an awesome clue into the past just really cool rocks and carving. So I promise to everyone when summer ends I will go back with a camera not a phone and will take more pics.
You all can't imagine how many times I go thru my pics and think ooooo I forgot to take a pic of that because lots of things didn't make since until now so prospectormikel maybe could clean it up and repost. Amd BTW I think it looks like a cow or hog

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rocks that look like a stack of rocks plastered together....is that a bunch of rocks stuck to the underside of an uprooted tree stump?
What is in the background that looks like a pointer rock sticking out of the ground on the left?
Is that a heart on the creature's side, or is it a triangle?
I think the creature lying down looks like a camel body with a smooshed pig's nose. My daughter thinks it's a camel, but doesn't know about the face.
There's too much lichen and moss. There could be something carved on the diamond shape, but you need a sharp close-up pic in winter to see it. It's been said that we don't need to pay attention to the small carvings on the rocks, but I find them fascinating.
Does your phone's camera have a pixel setting that can be increased?

Wow you have a great eye. And whoever told you not to pay attention to small carvings is somewhat correct you can get lost very easy but I'm like you they fascinate me

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nwaher, this is about the best that I can clean up my scratches.
I'm working on my iPhone, too.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501134258.818489.jpg ,

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501134297.058342.jpg

The stones are against each other, and I'm not very good at coloring inside the lines.

The heart is pointing to the right, and the pointer stone, in the top left corner of the photo, is also pointing to the right...

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nwaher, this is about the best that I can clean up my scratches.
I'm working on my iPhone, too.

View attachment 1476622 ,

View attachment 1476623

The stones are against each other, and I'm not very good at coloring inside the lines.

The heart is pointing to the right, and the pointer stone, in the top left corner of the photo, is also pointing to the right...

#/;0{>~

Thanks so much!!!

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely some eye catchers all over it. At first I was thinking lion, kinda sitting on guard. The rock in the top left that miboje pointed out catches my attention. When you go back check out the rocks scattered on the ground. Diamond, Triangle, hearts etc, etc.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry guys as we have stated before I was treasure hunter when I took these I simply seen somesomething that I thought was an awesome clue into the past just really cool rocks and carving. So I promise to everyone when summer ends I will go back with a camera not a phone and will take more pics.
You all can't imagine how many times I go thru my pics and think ooooo I forgot to take a pic of that because lots of things didn't make since until now so prospectormikel maybe could clean it up and repost.
Ah, no need to apologize. We'll just expect you to follow up...lol.
I actually got started in treasure hunting only about a year and three months ago when I was out metal detecting an old homestead and came across a diamond rock with a heart shaped rock underneath. It blew my mind. Coincidentally I had been here reading the signs and symbols forum only for a couple weeks simply out of curiosity never thinking in a million years that I'd ever see anything for real. Back to the old homestead...on that day it was fortunately very early spring, and I got pics and my phone has a really good camera. What a mind blowing experience to see it all in person.

OH, but I bet most of us do know what it's like to have forgotten to take a picture of something out in the field, or wish we had taken pics of something that sort of caught our eye but didn't seem to warrant a pic at the time. Then later...after you get home and thinking about the site, you think..."ah, I wish I would have taken a pic of that!" So here I sit all stinking hot summer long..waiting for the cold. And to think I used to hate winter. :)

Last edited:

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here miboje, missed pictures and waiting on this heat to end, come on Fall! I've been reading all I can get my hands on, looking at maps, research, and thinking....I got 2 areas I'm working on. Can't wait.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The area I have marked out, that looks to be man made. Long straight raised area near the left edge caught my attention.

Image11_mark_1.jpg

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I have marked out, that looks to be man made. Long straight raised area near the left edge caught my attention.

View attachment 1476882

When seen from the other angle, that rectangular shaped area, is made up of two triangles. The closest triangle points down and the second one points down.

When looking at the one that I marked up, you can see the line between them.

However; the view that Chadeaux marked up, the top is much clearer across the top edge , that is made from smaller pieces, that created the odd looking top that I was showing as if it was damaged on one tip.

We both probably should have posted both views, side by side!

Maybe Nwaher can make a video of that monument by walking around it, next trip out there.....
I know that it's easier said than done!

I have yet to successfully make a video on site, so " No pressure " Nwaher...

Don't want you to step off a bluff while walking and looking at a screen, at the same time!!!!

#/80{>~

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When seen from the other angle, that rectangular shaped area, is made up of two triangles. The closest triangle points down and the second one points down.

When looking at the one that I marked up, you can see the line between them.

However; the view that Chadeaux marked up, the top is much clearer across the top edge , that is made from smaller pieces, that created the odd looking top that I was showing as if it was damaged on one tip.

We both probably should have posted both views, side by side!

Maybe Nwaher can make a video of that monument by walking around it, next trip out there.....
I know that it's easier said than done!

I have yet to successfully make a video on site, so " No pressure " Nwaher...

Don't want you to step off a bluff while walking and looking at a screen, at the same time!!!!

#/80{>~

Mikel, what I'm seeing appears to be about 1 - 1 1/2" wide and about 3/8" raised. I saw a similar bit of work in another of her images running horizontally above a square opening ... Here in this post.

If I enlarge it, it appears to be a sword to me ... including guard, handle, and pommel (probably the wrong words, but we both know what I'm talking about). What appears to be a blade looks much like what is in the image above.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much!!!

Nwaher,

I can see what everyone has marked up, but I have a thought about your animal.
That rock is certainly an eyecatcher, but I wonder about the "v" on the top?
A gunsite as most would call it.
Next time out, you might take a look thru it and see where it takes you.
Get some compass/GPS headings and then lay it out later on a map or Google Earth.

-Weekender

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One tool that you might take on your next trip could be a broom....

It sounds a little silly,
But the leaves do hide some details that could help...
It's hard to know
What you need , till you get there.

I carry an umpire's base brush, but it's too small for that pic..

We will get it figured out eventually ...!..

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that the log behind the animal is causing confusion it does look to be part of the animal it is not it's a downed tree limb. Prospectormikel I already have hunted down a hand broom lol man guys winter can't come soon enough... I can't wait to go back with a good camera and yes video lots of video I hope

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that the log behind the animal is causing confusion it does look to be part of the animal it is not it's a downed tree limb. Prospectormikel I already have hunted down a hand broom lol man guys winter can't come soon enough... I can't wait to go back with a good camera and yes video lots of video I hope
BE CAREFUL. And I mean that in a lot of ways, but specifically check over your rock and make sure there is no little yellow golden bead embedded into the rock before you hit it with a broom!! Ask me how I know...wait...no, don't. I gotta go cry now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BE CAREFUL. And I mean that in a lot of ways, but specifically check over your rock and make sure there is no little yellow golden bead embedded into the rock before you hit it with a broom!! Ask me how I know...wait...no, don't. I gotta go cry now...

Well now I'm curious. do tell!! Do tell!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions