Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170621_070021.png 20170621_065743.png

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that the same tombstone shape rock placed up above the tombstone/arch shape that weekender circled? Also kinda looks like a bricked in spot right below the arch cut out he circled. Little outlaw stash spot maybe.
Screenshot_2017-06-19-09-45-11 NWAHER MARKED2.jpg

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maccounty yea you figured it out!!! And yes some of the spots are markings but most of them are just bird poop. It really had me looking close but a good portion of white out the is poop.. Quinoa thank so for that info and yes there looks to be a bricked spot that just doesnt belong under the spot weekender circled.. now arch above I don't see and your comment about outlaw stash spot please elaborate as I'm VERY new to this and truly only know what prospectormikel has taught me. Thanks to all three of you

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know some others have mentioned it looking like a tombstone, but with the one piece of stone pointing down, I would check to see if the other clock hand had been "chiseled off".

possible_clock.jpg

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is more in Weekender's circle.
First note the bird head on the left hand side of the photo, then look closely into the circle that Weekender drew!!!
You may need to rotate your head counterclockwise to see it!?!!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's medicated time, so I'll be down for a few hours.
I'll catch back up when my brain gets returned to me.
#/;0{>

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm so glad someone else sees the arrows!!!

Don't look at the color differences unless you can tell they are from the removal of some material. What appears like arrows to me (and I have not been there) are likely "noise" (graffiti from another visitor, stray or reflected light, or maybe lichen). Look for rough stone on the face or even the removed piece(s).

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't look at the color differences unless you can tell they are from the removal of some material. What appears like arrows to me (and I have not been there) are likely "noise" (graffiti from another visitor, stray or reflected light, or maybe lichen). Look for rough stone on the face or even the removed piece(s).

Yes I see two arrows to me I see 9:00

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I was referring to this little tombstone shaped cut out and the separated rock that was below it, partially buried in the ground. But I do see the possible one Chadeaux was looking at. The one I was looking at is probably smaller than it looks in the picture though, pictures can often be deceiving when looking for these spots. The whole place does seem like it could be subtlety marked though. That rock set on top to the left with pointed sides was placed for one reason or another.
possible_clock tombstone cut out.jpg

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the tombstone/ mine opening symbol that I see.
But, when Weekender circled that area and I zoomed in on it, the first thing that I saw, was the head of a hawk or falcon.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498100713.524556.jpg

I flipped it half over and cut most of the rest of the photo off so it is more visible. In the actual photo the bird is upside down...

Credit to MacCounty for spotting the large bird shaped rock on the left side of the photo.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most folks that have spent time on my thread and the other threads that I have visited, know that I trust Kenworthy's books.

I have had my head in them again, in order to gain more of his advice concerning the tunnel sign that Weekender discovered.
His sign is discussed in,
"Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow & Sun Signs"
On pages 36 & 38.
Even when pointing you in different directions, it remains a sign of a tunnel, which may be standing vertically or on an incline, or flat on the ground.
In the latter two positions, the doorway may be smaller and if a circle within a circle is carved on the stone doorway itself, it will most likely be back filled with rocks and may contain a "chicken ladder" used to keep slave laborers from rushing out in groups to escape. One or two guards at the top could control large numbers of slaves. Thus the name chicken ladder...

I am more concerned about the possibility of a death trap as found in
"Death Traps to Treasure" pages 17 & 18.

I bring this up because, it is possible that the hawk in the photo above shows the feathers from the hawk's neck seem to form the right wall of the entrance. The sawlike edge may be a lightning bolt...
A little far to stretch a theory, without a better camera angle, but worthy of mentioning to prepare one for a safe expedition!

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lots of pictures of rock art they are soon to come and we metal detected just a small aRea and had just gotten the detector that weekend... my husband and I are new to all this and have been living here in nwa almost 4 years. We stumbled across this site because I have a weird eye for strange rocks!! This site isn't small to say the least so always give your opinion please. It's always appreciated!

33.gif
Waiting impatiently ... LOL!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, now, Chadeaux... The speed at which she is moving is mostly at my instruction. She is new at this, and has had a few technical hiccups, but we will get thru the early learning curve.

There is much more to come. Nwaher came to me to try and figure their site out. She and her husband have been doing the " boots on the ground" work and I have been working behind the screen.
When we began trying to figure all of this out she sent me a lot of photos and more. It didn't take long for me to get swamped, and I became acutely aware that there is a long road ahead on her site. It didn't happen overnight and the things that they have discovered are real and almost anyone could find it, but it would be trampled under the feet of foolish greed if it is exposed before its history can be figured out.

In short, I have been holding her back because too much, all at once, will bring chaos, or even worse, calamity.

Once the hiccups are over there will be a steady stream, from which to drink.

If I am willing to set my book aside to bring their history to light, surely you can all believe that I believe that they are in a very interesting site, with some real history that has been covered up for a long time.

So hang in there. When I hand her the coach-whip and get my foot off of the brakes, she's going to take all of us on a good ride!

#/;0{>~

BTW, That is a cool GIF!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170506_183722.jpg
Here is another whole I believe I have another angle I will look

Attachments

• 20170506_183704.jpg
    20170506_183704.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 178

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been studying that hole, trying to figure out what marker that made someone slide the cover stone off of it. Thus far I have failed to see anything that marked it, as NOT being just another rock...

Because it was special. It was a vault door.

If I had been there and discovered it,
I probably would have formulated a plan to move every stone of that size in the entire forest, after finding that!

I also would have abandoned that plan in about ten minutes. Not because I would have realized that it would have been an act of futility, but that would have passed out from exhaustion.

So now I wonder, is there another one.

Is it bigger? Is it booby trapped? Is there more in that hole that slipped out of its leather pouch and washed down between the stones, unnoticed for decades?

Let's face it, that vault could have been there for centuries for all we know, and how many pounds of silver could that thing hold, or maybe it might have been filled with Yankee gold and jewels....

I could have wasted a day or two just looking for two stones that lined up with it and a third stone off to the side, creating a triangle and done the backward math to see if it fell within the parameters of the Spanish Burgos laws. So many choices, and the only thing that is true and clear, is that it once held a piece of history!

There seems to be a possible clue on the stone that did not need to be moved, and I know that I'm reaching a bit from scientific analysis, but there is something that catches my eye..

In the second photo from the second angle. It looks like a dogs head ( a little) and nothing more. The Spanish had a healthy relationship with their dogs. I've seen full bodied stone dog carved in the shade out of soled rock, made so well that the striations of the stone were the only evidence that they were carved and not just a real dog...

In the second pic, it is in the forefront of the photo..., a large head and one ear maybe it is a trail marker or you Decide,
For now I'm too tired to figure without sleep so, good night.

#/;0{>~

PS. I fell asleep just before I signed off and found this, still unfinished.
So perhaps I should say, good day.

Last edited:

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, check that hole really well. Looks like there is more rocks in the back. I'd be all over it. See if it goes back. Be carefully though, you don't want nothing coming down on you in case it's rigged. If it was me I would stick my metal detector in there and see if I could get any kind of hit. Have you went to the library to do any research of the Area? You might even try to find the oldest land records you can find. Its probably older than what research you might learn, but it never hurts to know. Too bad the lid was pulled off before you found it. There might be more there....or they want you to think it's gone....Nice find. Definitely interesting, thanks for showing it.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen pickett posts (aka the stone walls) up near Cumberland Gap, just like that one. Also, I've seen spots where they put up a screen next to a natural stone wall, my thoughts on that was that it was a break or shelter for horses.

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maccounty I can't find any info on Internet I think it's time to go to county library or county clerk records and pallen where is this cumberland gap I have never herd of this place... well guys prospectormikel has lifted his reigns so here comes the ride please let me know if I'm going to fast or to slow I'll post some new pics later tonight as always all comments are highly appreciated as I'm very new to all this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread