Tell me about this Turtle

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
No Tail, No Legs, A Removable Head....It has a Face 101_1400.JPG 101_1401.JPG 101_1403.JPG 101_1404.JPG 101_1409.JPG 101_1518.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The ones I have seen like that are right off a main trail and they tell you to leave it and head up a canyon or small drainage/wash anywhere's from 150-800 feet. They can be bi-diectional , meaning if it's looking at 60 degrees, you would also go 150 degrees meaning also go directly behind and across where it's looking and to another spot. The no legs/tail thing doesn't really say much in that case, nor in any of the ones I've followed. It's just a turtle monument, which were probably made because they are easy to recognize. I've seen much larger ones that are just placed above a layout/site that you can see from a long ways as well as about the same sized below a site that you see from a trail that you look thru the gap between the head the shell to align to a marker inside of a layout.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Thankyou, Quinoa You just CONFIRMED it for me. You are RIGHT ON IT....Let me back up a little here, it is a small wash with a dead end. At the beginning of the wash is a large boulder with 2 Lobes with a inch or so deep crack running down the middle between the lobes (see pic's, I'm standing on it), it aligns to the right of the wash, 50 feet from that in line with the cracked heart is what appears to be a shaft/tunnel marker which aligns uphill to the right. When I'm on this hill I can look across and see the eye of the turtle LOOKING at me. It's between 100 to 150 feet away...mmmmm ! Muchas Gracias !!! Here's some pic's 101_1424.JPG 101_1426.JPG 101_1427.JPG 101_1428.JPG 101_1491.JPG 101_1491.JPG 101_1502.JPG 101_1495.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah those are markers for whatever is there. The area around the Y tree is very important, also there is another marker off to the right , you are supposed to see it from the one you are standing , it's light color to catch your eye. There's a triangle cut on the one your are standing, and a some faint lichen manipulation on the one you are touching that are geometric.
101_1502 (1) ytree and marker.jpg
See how they framed out that light marker thru the V of the limb on the side of that tree from where you are standing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
There's also another possibility that I recently discovered. There's a 1,000 pound (more or less) boulder just below and offset to the Turtle. The front of the Turtle Shell seems to indicate a lightning type of line of which also aligns with this boulder below it, like maybe the boulder is covering up the mine entrance. The bottom of the boulder sits on a ledge and there seems to be voids as well as Spanish Cement. It suddenly dawned on me that if the Turtles Head is Mobile, then the Turtle's Eye could be looking backwards or towards the rear. 101_1834.JPG 101_1835.JPG 101_1836.JPG 101_1837.JPG 101_1838.JPG 101_1839.JPG 101_1840.JPG 101_1841.JPG 101_1842.JPG 101_1844.JPG 101_1845.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think it's a mine, but for a guess, there could be a stash in the front left under the huge boulder with the line cut on it. But the turtle though says look across the separation place between the head and body, and there is an eyeball slit made there confirming it. It is made by a rock wedged to make pupil with the rest of the gap being the eyeball. it points to the gap behind the head, so another good place to look would be under the right side of that huge "turtle shell" shaped boulder just behind the turtle head. Kind of what the turtle head stuck like that in below a shell can sometimes mean "under a shell" or wedged "Underneath" or in between something. It also means other things though. It's a good turtle though, there will be something the direction it looks (faces/points) as well.

They are often multi directional and positioned in calculated spots for multiple alignments. Sometimes it will be a set of markers not in one particular straight line, but like from point to point with small angle changes to each consecutive marker to get you there because they had to position these in places you could find them with line of site from each marker because of the terrain and vegetation..
101_1839 eye slit behind head.jpg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Happy, the horzional V's that I have seen all have had the rock removed from the mouth, since this is still in place it could indicate that something is still there, I would try in the direction of the V and measure how high the boulder is looks to be almost waist high or 40 paces (pace = 33 inches ) ( 1200 feet ) so and see what you find. Open part of the V indicates a piece of pie, I found one and it had a map carved on the bottom with a TRAP that would put the 1000 lb boulder in your lap if you started rolling boulders around.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Be very careful f you turn the boulder over, that's what the one I found looked like, the cut part looks like a piece of pie, If it does have a map it will be very interesting. I'll see if I can bring the one I found back up

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Size of markers has nothing to with distance. But the older markers are very large. It can have a relation to age of some of the markers. The bigger they are the older they are.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Figured it all out, Thanks Everybody ! <http://www.metallurgist.com/gold-granite-plutonic-rocks> Hopefully that Link works........

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it all out, Thanks Everybody ! <http://www.metallurgist.com/gold-granite-plutonic-rocks> Hopefully that Link works........

What's the connection? Can you elaborate?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
It is my opinion that there two things you must have to work out a trail, Distance and Direction. I have walked many trails with a 2500 ft jet line that and combination gave what I was looking for, my interest is Settlers square and trying to how they survey this country from border to border and from coast to coast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions