Is this a sign?

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
I found 9 small mounds forming a circle. Each is about 3 feet apart and the diameter of the circle is about 6 feet.The larger of the mounds are about a foot across and a couple of inches high. I've started detecting but it was getting late, only found old rusty nails so far, but the circle is filled with metal. This field drops off about 10 to 15 feet on all sides. This field was likely camped on by soldiers during the civil war, it slopes down slightly from the center to all sides. I went to the dead center of the field looking for signs of a fire pit and found this. The area is overgrown with privot and hasn't been lived on for at least 100 years. I'll try to post pictures in the next couple of days, but does this sound like a fire ring, old flower garden or something else?

W

woodpecker

I have seen similar formations on a golf course

if any help

woodpecker

yilpet

Aug 24, 2007
chopper said:
I found 9 small mounds forming a circle. Each is about 3 feet apart and the diameter of the circle is about 6 feet.The larger of the mounds are about a foot across and a couple of inches high. I've started detecting but it was getting late, only found old rusty nails so far, but the circle is filled with metal. This field drops off about 10 to 15 feet on all sides. This field was likely camped on by soldiers during the civil war, it slopes down slightly from the center to all sides. I went to the dead center of the field looking for signs of a fire pit and found this. The area is overgrown with privot and hasn't been lived on for at least 100 years. I'll try to post pictures in the next couple of days, but does this sound like a fire ring, old flower garden or something else?
rings can be also mean traps so be carefull.

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey... chopper... where are you, where are the pictures?

Are you still there, or you have fallen inside one of those holes ?
Or you found it and now you have a nice time down to Rio?

Digman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread