Treasure Marks/Signs

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
scan0001 (3).jpg Need a little help with this one.

Attachments

• scan0001 (3).jpg
    scan0001 (3).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,171

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that blindbowmans plane?

:D

Seriously, It's probably to remember lost loved ones in a plane crash there.

OP
OP
A

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
savant365 said:
I don't know for sure but did planes look like that with the wings mounted on top back in the 30's?
I think cessna made a 188 crop duster! I an not sure
Ed

OP
OP
A

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
jbot said:
Is that a horse shoe above the 12?
jbot I think they were O but part of them fell off!!! Ed

djui5 I am not able to find any info. on that type of airplane. Ed.

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga
To me it looked like the plane was flying away and the perspective is looking up from the ground to the underside of the airplane. That would put the wing on the bottom. I can see it both ways after reading that others see the plane as approaching and viewing it from the top. What is the writing to the left that is cut off in the picture?

S

Smee

Curious, to say the least. I have looked at a lot of memorials. Why put the dates in reverse order? Wouldn't the earlier date (May 11, 1933) normally be over the end date (FEBRARY 12, 1937) . . . unless it is to mark something's start date. Perhaps the date someone became a pilot, and the date of death. However, normally that would also be in the aforementioned order. I think the latter date was added at the completion of something. Also, the number at the top, appears to be 09. Not likely to be the number of crashes.

Is there an area nearby that might have been used as an airstrip? Depending on where you found this marking, perhaps it was the date a project began (something being moved across borders?) and the date of the completion of the project.

I would like to know more . . . because of the timeframe . . . and a story I read a while back.

BTW, on the word that looks similar to Coyte, it isn't a y, but a w.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the "May11" might be the tail number from the plane. It looks to me like a plane crashed there, and someone who isn't too good with spelling scratched a memoir into the rock. That's all there is to it.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I was thinking the same as Randy, registration numbers. Perhaps a survivor of the crash lost in the desert and injured attempting to leave info for a search party?

kenb

OP
OP
A

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
savant365 said:
What is the writing under the M in May?

savant 365 Im nut sure what it says.. I have another airplane
picture to put on if i can get it uploaded to the TN...
Ed

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
SWR said:
How would this be related to treasure? How about a picture of the surrounding area, maybe there is a clue in the rest of the graffiti

Good point SWR, this could have been the dates some guy out in the desert saw his first airplanes. Maybe thought he should keep track of the sightings....lol

OP
OP
A

Arizona Ed

Greenie
Jul 31, 2006
Smee said:
Curious, to say the least. I have looked at a lot of memorials. Why put the dates in reverse order? Wouldn't the earlier date (May 11, 1933) normally be over the end date (FEBRARY 12, 1937) . . . unless it is to mark something's start date. Perhaps the date someone became a pilot, and the date of death. However, normally that would also be in the aforementioned order. I think the latter date was added at the completion of something. Also, the number at the top, appears to be 09. Not likely to be the number of crashes.

Is there an area nearby that might have been used as an airstrip? Depending on where you found this marking, perhaps it was the date a project began (something being moved across borders?) and the date of the completion of the project.

I would like to know more . . . because of the timeframe . . . and a story I read a while back.

BTW, on the word that looks similar to Coyte, it isn't a y, but a w.

snee
The area isin a large open area where a plane could land( a crop duster)
I never seen where a landing area had been..
I would like to know if any one has seen one E-mail me i can send them the
Lon.and LAT......
this area is north of Shiprock N.M.

Ed

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizona Ed said:
The area isin a large open area where a plane could land( a crop duster)

Another thought I had is this could be a marking for a drug plane drop point. Drug runners on the ground would use the marker to find the area where the plane dropped the drugs, then they'd just wait for the right time.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with treasure, personally, unless some drug dealer/etc buried their loot around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread