Someone Please Tell Me Im Not Seeing What I Think Im Seeing??????

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone Please Tell Me I'm Not Seeing What I Think I'm Seeing??????

I have been loathe to post this, as I think it must be a trick of the light in the rocks on this mountain. I captured it through a 500mm Zoom Lens, and have yet to hike up top the spot. I will do so tomorrow (Thursday). It is a loooong way to go to look at something I don't think is there, but..................every time I look at the picture, I see the same thing. I want some of you to tell me what you think.

anomalouspicturestatueyj0.jpg

There are a couple of other pics that go with this, but this is my main conundrum.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Someone Please Tell Me I'm Not Seeing What I Think I'm Seeing??????

Okay,

Maybe I am the only one who can see what I think I'm seeing.

First:

Here is a pic of what I think I am seeing (a statue of one any way, facing the opposite direction)

conquistadorarmedis9.jpg

Here are a couple more pictures of the place (there appears to be a man in the picture leaning over the rocks facing to the left wearing a white hard hat):

anomalouspicture1bmk9.jpg

Here is a close up of the man:

anomalouspicturemanlu0.jpg

God, I hate to admit what I think I see, but I have never NOT seen the same thing when I look at this picture.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is an overlay of the Conquistador. The "enigma" ;D ;D ;D is to the direct left of the overlay.

anomalouspicture3azl5.jpg

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DesertRat said:
Hey Mike,

I think you best get your billy goat legs up there and take some more pics. Anything that mysterious has to be checked out. Could be a fallen stone figure guarding a small mine entrance. But its the small stone on top of the flat surface in your first picture that caught my eye. It might not be Spanish...of course I don't know the area your in. Could be something more ancient...look for celestial alignments.

It's in the Anza-Borrego Desert, about 20 miles from the Anza Trail (Southern California).

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh sorry DR,

Didn't notice who it was!

I will tell you exactly where this one is. Going West along the 78 through the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, you will find Pinyon Wash/Pinyon Canyon. If you see either Powder Dump Wash, Quartz Vein Wash, or you go through The Narrows, you went too far.

Here is a Google Earth Pic:

pinyoncanyon1ib8.jpg

The exact spot is right where about 4 or 5 big washouts come together in the arroyo on the mountainside. Perfect place for a mine. It is about 2/3 the way up the mountain, and lots of colorful mineralization.

But tomorrow, I will go up there and put an end to my going nuts about it. ;D ;D ;D

Best-Mike

K

Kentucky Kache

Looks like a Civil War soldier to me.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense

I cleaned up the picture as best i could and it looks like natural rock to me, although the formation could be man made, what appears to be a sword looks like a fissure in the rock.
but heck im a brit what do I know

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm so mad today, I could spit.

I was going back out there to hike up to the spot, but went over to Tule Wash at daybreak nugget hunting. Got a flat while out there.

That can of Fix-A-Flat I bought two months ago was the best $7 I have ever spent! ;D ;D ;D

But.......with a bad tire, I wasn't going to chance another flat (with no support), so I had to cut my day short. Maybe Monday.

Best,

Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Mike,

Honestly,...
Someone would have had to hit me and carry me away to keep me from going down there in the first place!

I see your sentry, But what interests me is what he could be guarding.

Not bad for the distance of the shot, Never too far to check out a good monument.

OD

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Aside from any images we might see, it does look like a very neatly stacked pile of rocks- almost in a mound or pyramid shape. I doubt that nature stacked that, but you never know. We were poking-around that area two years ago. Good catch! I can't wait to hear what you find.

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,135

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT

could be a grave marker too, someone died and they buried them in the stones up there.

or could be a combination of stones, plant growth and a bit of imagination giving you a thrill.

let us know what you find out

aaron

W

woodpecker

hi

What type camera you use BB CAMERA ,

(browny box camera ?) as pictures look a bit distorted

woodpecker

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

woodpecker said:
hi

What type camera you use BB CAMERA ,

(browny box camera ?) as pictures look a bit distorted

woodpecker

Cute Peckerwood,

But as the distance from the camera to the spot is over a mile away, my Pentax ist DS (Digital SLR) did a pretty good job (as it always does). What you are looking at is about as close up as I can blow up the pic in Photoshop CS3 and still keep any detail. Maybe if you understood a little more about photography, you might understand that. ;)

Here is another pic:

anomalouspicture1awp5.jpg

The problem I have is that I take the pics in Native RAW Format, and they are each 17 megabytes in size. I have to keep playing with size and resolution as "imageshack" only allows pics of 1.5MB or smaller to be posted.If I took a full size one, and dropped the resolution to where I could post it, it would do nobody here any good as you wouldn't be able to enlarge it as I can. Take a picture like this for example:

anza12xn2.jpg

and picking out a circle this size, and blowing it up.

anza12bxu0.jpg

Mike

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Man - I see what you see... but I don't agree... Either get in there and get some better pics, at different times of the day, or something, or forgettaboutit.

It's like looking at a cloud.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
Man - I see what you see... but I don't agree... Either get in there and get some better pics, at different times of the day, or something, or forgettaboutit.

It's like looking at a cloud.

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, I just have a bunch of things going on right now, and I get out there when I can. It is about 150 miles from home.

Mike

mirage hunter

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 PRO XL

Rock fomations can be deceiving!! look at the picture they took on mars!! they thought it was a face for quite awhile!!

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mirage hunter said:
Rock fomations can be deceiving!! look at the picture they took on mars!! they thought it was a face for quite awhile!!

Trust me. The people who originally thought it was a face, still do!

Mike

W

woodpecker

High gollum

does not look much like a hike to me from what you posted , i suggest get out of car and walk, and take a few close up pictures (less than 2 kilometers what i can see)

woodpecker

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesero Lobo Super Traq

Hey Woody,

That's a little over a four mile hike in and four miles out. In temperatures that will range anywhere from 120 to 140 degrees. I have no doubt that Mike could make it because of his experiences in the desert, but when peckerwoods like you say "it isn't much of a hike" you're the bones I see laying scattered by the coyotes out on the desert floor.

Attachments

• Spanish Head.jpg
    Spanish Head.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,032

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions