Face Carved in tree.

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
My dad when he was a kid found a tree that had a face carved into it with a arrow pointing north. He said he would hide his chew by that tree. The tree is no longer there but he showed me where it was, there is just a huge stump now. He also told me about him and his brother playing along this creek and his brother hit his foot on a pipe sticking out of the ground not far from this tree. The dug out the "pipe" and it ended up being 2 old musket type rifles. I have seen these, bad rusted. He said the rifles were laid in a cross. Do y'all think this means anything? I have ran my detector in the area, found some old musket balls, a few civil war bullets and a bunch of Indian head pennies. The oldest penny was 1869.

May 28, 2007
cottonwood ca
sounds interesting i think it's worth a shot to go and make a day out of it check the local surroundings for maybe some more markers but just finding that stuff alone is pretty exciting

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm it sure sounds interesting. You would think the muskets layed in a cross was done on purpose. Since you have the stump as a reference point, maybe work your way north. The other stuff you're digging up sounds pretty interesting too. This spot should keep you busy for a while. I don't know if it means anything, but I'd be all over the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread