XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C1E567E0-FB54-4098-8E19-D5DEAF9C1104.jpeg

Are there any double peaks around the area? I believe that the “JOB” lies at the bottom of the two peaks in an open area with markers in the pattern of the dots.

Cheers:occasion14:

Waterscoop

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOB. 18 7. Did you look at that.

Yes, orangeman, that was the first part that I read last night. It could very well be a ominous warning of death traps where the treasure is buried. The KGC and Spanish treasure sites are known to contain them. Upon reading Chapter 18 again, I noticed the last sentence of Verse 4 where it says: "Or must the rocks be moved from their place?" Sounds like that could possibly be a clue to a treasure vault.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1515738

Are there any double peaks around the area? I believe that the “JOB” lies at the bottom of the two peaks in an open area with markers in the pattern of the dots.

Cheers:occasion14:

Waterscoop

Very good work, Waterscoop. It just so happens that there are. :)

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more carvings on the same slab of rock as the original photo. These are located just above the original JobE carving. As I was looking at this photo again, I couldn't help but wonder if the AP carving could have been Albert Pike's because he was said to have visited every KGC depository site. What are your thoughts?

AP-cropped-large2.jpg

~Texas Jay

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more carvings on the same slab of rock as the original photo. These are located just above the original JobE carving. As I was looking at this photo again, I couldn't help but wonder if the AP carving could have been Albert Pike's because he was said to have visited every KGC depository site. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 1516257

~Texas Jay

He signed off on it.

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe Nothing, but it should be ruled out or incorporated in the research….
Is there, anywhere close a Cemetery or Graveyard ? …………if yes, does the name start with an F
Does that carving look like a Tomb Stone? Like a Grave marker ?
Does A P look more like P J ?
Are those numbers 1 8 7 & ? (q.m.)………………..or 1 8 7 & shovel sign (?) as dig here # 187
187 relevant to plot #,…..row # ….etc.?
Are any of the cardinal points relevant to any of the above ? grave, plot#, cemetery….etc.
Are the initials relevant to any of the above ?
Are any of the names mentioned before, relevant to the Cemetery/Graveyard/Tombstone theory ?
Are there any other speculative assumptions worth making on the Tombstone theory ?
If the prevalent answer is NO, then the “maybe Nothing” is NOTHING but maybe too many westerns under my belt. LOL…please be kind, watch a western.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the “W” represent and Ranch symbol

74147092-1D6A-4AC3-A824-5EBDD88136C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C6E08EC-1624-4854-B8A4-AD76BBABD22B.jpeg
    2C6E08EC-1624-4854-B8A4-AD76BBABD22B.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Nothing, but it should be ruled out or incorporated in the research….
Is there, anywhere close a Cemetery or Graveyard ? …………if yes, does the name start with an F
Does that carving look like a Tomb Stone? Like a Grave marker ?
Does A P look more like P J ?
Are those numbers 1 8 7 & ? (q.m.)………………..or 1 8 7 & shovel sign (?) as dig here # 187
187 relevant to plot #,…..row # ….etc.?
Are any of the cardinal points relevant to any of the above ? grave, plot#, cemetery….etc.
Are the initials relevant to any of the above ?
Are any of the names mentioned before, relevant to the Cemetery/Graveyard/Tombstone theory ?
Are there any other speculative assumptions worth making on the Tombstone theory ?
If the prevalent answer is NO, then the “maybe Nothing” is NOTHING but maybe too many westerns under my belt. LOL…please be kind, watch a western.

Thanks, Maverick. There are a few old cemeteries within 10 miles of that site but I don't know of any of their names that start with an F. Now that you mention it, I can see where what I first thought was AJ could be PJ. As far as nearby cemeteries are concerned, I haven't visited them all and I'm not familiar enough with them to answer your other questions with a "yes" or a "no". I am a fan of old westerns and I love Clint Eastwood western movies. I'm betting one of our mutual favorites is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. ha.

Good-Bad-Ugly.jpg

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the “W” represent and Ranch symbol

View attachment 1516328

Hi Waterscoop. I really don't believe that any of the Ws that are carved on this site represent cattle brands or ranch symbols but I can't rule out the possibility as the area was visited by many area residents and travelers, especially in the late 1800s and very early 1900s before it was fenced to prevent trespassers. But was far from any known cattle trails. We had the permission from the landowner each time we visited the site.
~Texas Jay

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Maverick. There are a few old cemeteries within 10 miles of that site but I don't know of any of their names that start with an F. Now that you mention it, I can see where what I first thought was AJ could be PJ. As far as nearby cemeteries are concerned, I haven't visited them all and I'm not familiar enough with them to answer your other questions with a "yes" or a "no". I am a fan of old westerns and I love Clint Eastwood western movies. I'm betting one of our mutual favorites is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. ha.

View attachment 1516340
ABSOLUTELY, you made my day, Sir. What else could be told about those crazy and wonderful times?

Maybe it's worth looking into this other "crazy" idea, since those were the days. lol
I guess, no answer is needed but just a thought to either ruled in, or ruled out, in your perspective

p.s. Didn't we love the cemetery scene? Blondyyyyyyy, hgmgh,....Blon.....dyyyy

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually think it may be the bible passage JOB 18:7 originally, but it looks like the WM and the E with the lower leg being a "T" on it's side , were done later, being of a different size than the JOB part and also carved deeper than the 187 . Hard to say when the little dot drill holes were made and which part they went with. But you should look around the vicinity for other markers really. Anything that looks out of place or takes some shape from any trails you walk on.

I dunno , it's all speculation on these coded things, but there will be other markers in the area made with boulders and trees and outcrops that may be easier to get at least a general area to focus on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ABSOLUTELY, you made my day, Sir. What else could be told about those crazy and wonderful times?

Maybe it's worth looking into this other "crazy" idea, since those were the days. lol
I guess, no answer is needed but just a thought to either ruled in, or ruled out, in your perspective

p.s. Didn't we love the cemetery scene? Blondyyyyyyy, hgmgh,....Blon.....dyyyy

Maverick1, I'm currently looking for a local apprentice/partner for my history research and treasure hunting endeavors. My late partner and I figured that we had at least ten years of work, just on the probable treasure sites that we had located during our time together. While I wish I had the time to pursue every angle, including yours, of all of those sites, the reality is that I just don't have the time and manpower to do it all myself. As you probably know, pursuing these large treasures, which are often way out in the country, are much too dangerous for one person to chase them alone. This particular site is full of fascinating symbols, many of which I firmly believe are KGC in origin. I can only show a few carefully selected ones on public sites in order to not give away its specific location. My partner and I learned that lesson the hard way when we shared too much information about an approximately quarter-million-dollar cache several years ago and before we knew it, the treasure was stolen out from under us.
~Texas Jay

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick1, I'm currently looking for a local apprentice/partner for my history research and treasure hunting endeavors. My late partner and I figured that we had at least ten years of work, just on the probable treasure sites that we had located during our time together. While I wish I had the time to pursue every angle, including yours, of all of those sites, the reality is that I just don't have the time and manpower to do it all myself. As you probably know, pursuing these large treasures, which are often way out in the country, are much too dangerous for one person to chase them alone. This particular site is full of fascinating symbols, many of which I firmly believe are KGC in origin. I can only show a few carefully selected ones on public sites in order to not give away its specific location. My partner and I learned that lesson the hard way when we shared too much information about an approximately quarter-million-dollar cache several years ago and before we knew it, the treasure was stolen out from under us.
~Texas Jay

T.Jay, I hear you well, Sir. With all this big chunk of land between AZ and TX, I can hear you better than I can say on-out. You have touched a couple of sensitive ol’memories of my own, and I can hear and feel the turmoil. Not much more I can add at this time, except my Best Wishes and Godspeed.
Best regards

later addition:
P.S. If you suspect KGC,....is it worth looking into the "toys' of the time" used in communication?
.._, __ _ ., ... , _ _ .. , .....etc. aka Morse code? _._. just another thought (no response needed)

(-.- --. ... ) is KGC

and I believe you have (-.-. -.- --. -.- ..) which is CKGKI does that make any sense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually think it may be the bible passage JOB 18:7 originally, but it looks like the WM and the E with the lower leg being a "T" on it's side , were done later, being of a different size than the JOB part and also carved deeper than the 187 . Hard to say when the little dot drill holes were made and which part they went with. But you should look around the vicinity for other markers really. Anything that looks out of place or takes some shape from any trails you walk on.

I dunno , it's all speculation on these coded things, but there will be other markers in the area made with boulders and trees and outcrops that may be easier to get at least a general area to focus on.

Thank you, Quinoa. Your observations deserve further exploration. Like I said in an earlier reply, my late friend and I photographed all around the area and, yes, there are many other carvings and signs within 100 yards of this spot. I'm sure some of them are treasure-related while others were made by people passing through the area in the 1800s and very early 1900s. I looked at Job 18:7 and also much of the rest of the Book of Job and found some passages that could very well be relevant to the JOBE carving. I first became interested in the general area about 40 years ago when I was in college. An old man told me of a large rock that had a snake carved into it. It was laying flat on the ground and was to the south of these carvings by probably less than 100 yards. We searched for it on one of our trips there in 2009 but failed to find it.
~Texas Jay

Home - Knights of the Golden Circle

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Waterscoop, I agree with the thought that its rocks / boulders with carvings I feel that someone is making a trail that's hard to follow, generally the Spanish will show a winding trail using dots, these seem to different, left dot goes up to the next and down to the bottom making a triangle = some thing covered and a straight line point to the next dot, the next dot that is marked doesn't show much so up and down = double the distance to the far right. It may be that the 18, upside down 4 may be an indicator as to feet -- pace for a distance, some times they could use the Bible 1 = Gen Chapter 8 then ? = guess or look toward when you have been. Have you followed anything and does it fit anything. larger photo that shows more of the area would help

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your thoughts, dsty. The reason I only show these cropped photos is because I learned my lesson about posting too much information. about the location of signs and marks, on a public forum several years ago. The last time I made that mistake, it cost my partner and I approximately $250,000. I will say that, yes, we have followed other carvings and signs at this location and they appear to lead to a large treasure vault which we verified by our research of old documents and stories.
~Texas Jay

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your thoughts, dsty. The reason I only show these cropped photos is because I learned my lesson about posting too much information. about the location of signs and marks, on a public forum several years ago. The last time I made that mistake, it cost my partner and I approximately $250,000. I will say that, yes, we have followed other carvings and signs at this location and they appear to lead to a large treasure vault which we verified by our research of old documents and stories.
~Texas Jay

"appear to lead to a large treasure vault", sounds as if you deciphered in some way, the correct location. Can you explain (maybe you already have) how you determined and came to the conclusion that X marks the spot? Basically what led you from start to finish?

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"appear to lead to a large treasure vault", sounds as if you deciphered in some way, the correct location. Can you explain (maybe you already have) how you determined and came to the conclusion that X marks the spot? Basically what led you from start to finish?

Hi Benjamin. There are many old carvings at this particular site. I've visited the area several times in the past 40 years and I always notice things that I didn't notice on previous visits. Several of the carvings are treasure symbols that were carved by KGC members in the late 1800s and possibly the Spanish in the previous century. I only learned about the KGC in 2006 after reading Bob Brewer's and Warren Getler's book "Rebel Gold" so on earlier visits, I was completely in the dark about the meanings of most of the treasure-related carvings. Since reading the book, I've devoted thousands of hours to studying the Knights and to going out into the field in search of clues they left behind. My late partner and I combined our years of KGC research with what I had learned about the area many years earlier. I can only say that we also used a story that one of my relatives told a long time ago about a fabulous treasure that he had discovered within 100 miles of this site. When we combined that story with what we found there, it all made sense and pointed us in what I believe is the right direction. My old relative died before he could retrieve the contents of that hoard so I believe that I'm probably the only person living that has a fairly precise idea of where the symbols are pointing to. The symbols I've posted here are just some of a few of the ones that still have me puzzled so I'd like to hear other peoples' possible explanations. I've always had an unlimited curiosity about history so getting answers is a huge part of what drives me.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread