• pointingrock.JPG
    pointingrock.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,163

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, You say this rock is in front of the tree? Means we're not there to understand what's ment by front of tree? Do you mean between tree and house or tree and graveyard? Also if it were me I'd lift out the stone from ground and see if there might not be markings on it below ground. Are there any marks on the sides of stone ? Monk

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, Sorry I forgot to mention, This stone may be like a flag! Check to make sure there's not another stone under this one with information carved on it. You might find out if there is with a probe. Monk

F

Floater

Peasweet could you use paint to draw some arrows so i could relly see what your looking at. Iam blind to the abstract if you know what i mean.HH

Attachments

• rck.jpg
    rck.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,036
F

Floater

Wow all that on one stone? are the marks actually chiseled in and if so have you Identified them all or is this what this excercise is all about? And one theory I came up with is do you think a bunch of soldiers had a campfire going and just decided to chissel there initials or are the markings all wrong for something so sophmoric.

F

Floater

AAhhh so there is some provenance to this.I have been reading a little more and following a conversation on the other board between Jacko and Rich. It appears that some of the signs you have are well known. the backwords E seems to mean either stop or change direction or go in the opposite direction. I'm still trying to learn this stuff. Thanks for your replies and I will post if I can add more to it. Also I think the line and the U shape to the left indicate the Creek or well.?

F

Floater

Sorry SweetPea meant to say between Jacko and boattow under help w/2KGC symbols.

F

Floater

Ok now I think i have the story Pea Sweet.I see on the KGC thread where you posted with the grave site and the tree. Monk seems to have a theory on this also. The headstone symbol definetly looks like a directional marker with the Tree in it also. did you see some of the previous posts about the turkey tracks. I thought the stone had x,s on it but now I was wondering if they were turkey tracks.Boy this is a great story so far. I dont think I would ask the grandson anything just yet. Besides I wonder if They found it Why would the Place have been sold. Seems they would want to keep it in the family. Anyway on the thought of a metal detector. I would be very carefull about what I was diging near that grave yard. I dont think legally you can disturb the graves even if they are on private property.Plus it doesnt seem right anyway unless the old guy was just a real jerk.I mean I guess they just thought of slaves as property and not human beings. But then you wonder why if that is so did he get burried near the slaves.?What a great spot.
PS . My wife says you can adopt me. LOL

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, At the other site, K.G.C. I posted you! Maybe you will answer my questions. I might be able to tell you more? The 45 degree triangle on J.W.R. tomstone was K.G.C. symbol. Plus you might go to the library near you and study the local County History. you might find a plat map or picture of your home showing how things were? I say again, possable J.W.R. left a will, see if you can find it. Also go to Geneolgy . com and punch up J.W.R.s name and see what pops up. Hope this has been helpful. Monk

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
The rock looks totally natural to me. I don't see how you have come up with the stuff drawn on it. Just seem like a stretch to me.

Sorry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread