Naturally Occurring or Man Made Death Trap???

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is my first time to actually make a post. Been a reader for quite some time but hesitant to post because sometimes these things turn ugly. I finally needed to reach out to the TN family to get a general consensus on something because my opinion of it is slightly biased. I came upon this site in the hills near my location. Trying to see if these are man made or done by nature. Too many right angles for me to think nature.... I do realize this topic is highly controversial, hence my hesitancy to post... What do ya'll think?

P.S. I did post this into the Geological forum too to get a "scientific" opinion on the pictures but my real question was about the death trap aspect of them. Didn't figure it would go too well over there mentioning that....

Attachments

• KIMG0095.JPG
    KIMG0095.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • KIMG0081.JPG
    KIMG0081.JPG
    981.8 KB · Views: 139
  • KIMG0082.JPG
    KIMG0082.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • KIMG0083.JPG
    KIMG0083.JPG
    837 KB · Views: 135
  • KIMG0084.JPG
    KIMG0084.JPG
    908.3 KB · Views: 165
  • KIMG0085.JPG
    KIMG0085.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 143
  • KIMG0086.JPG
    KIMG0086.JPG
    906 KB · Views: 165
  • KIMG0087.JPG
    KIMG0087.JPG
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 166
  • KIMG0088.JPG
    KIMG0088.JPG
    880.3 KB · Views: 153
  • KIMG0094.JPG
    KIMG0094.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • KIMG0093.JPG
    KIMG0093.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 138
  • KIMG0092.JPG
    KIMG0092.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 125
  • KIMG0091.JPG
    KIMG0091.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • KIMG0090.JPG
    KIMG0090.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • KIMG0089.JPG
    KIMG0089.JPG
    928.7 KB · Views: 134

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks natural. Through time and weather rock does it's magic and does strange things.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All natural. Several places like that in Kentucky.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thing is, whether man made, or made by God, it is pretty cool. It could have been a holy place to people in the past, much like places in the Arizona desert. Neat post! :occasion14:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With out looking at the rest of your picture. Not natual. You have found and old Jesuit site. Keep it to yourself the location. Do be careful around there. You have a lot of learning to do. Nice find.

OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank ya'll very much for the replies! Mr. Soloman, it is indeed a beautiful place. There are so many more pictures from around there that are just amazing, especially for this area. Also, with some of the other features of the area around here I have no doubt the ancient people were in this area.

Backwoodsbob, I haven't revealed anything to anyone else except these few pics. I'm shocked(in a good way) by what you said because there are some more pictures that made me believe there was maybe more to this.... No doubt I am very very new to this and have tons more to learn. I was actually researching and following something entirely different in nature when I found that. There is also another place, same area, that has drawn my interest. Like I said in my OP, I know things can turn ugly when we take a stand about what we think. That being said, with my job within the library system I have been privy to certain documents, Jesuit activity in this area being one. I would love to talk to you more about this subject either through PM or email. I'm like a sponge, willing to learn and soak up as much info as possible.

Thank you all again,

Lee

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
I think natural too. There is a lot of geology that fractures like that. Especially in the south.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
What general part of the country are you. I have similar looking stuff without seeing the big picture. It’s hard to say if man was or wasn’t involved. One picture the rocks to look like they could’ve been rigged to come down. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you for the reply orangeman. I'm in more less middle and east in Louisiana, about 50 miles West of MS River. I'm not a rock expert by no means. I've learned in this venture I'm having to learn about a plethora of subject but definitely not an expert lol. I am pretty sure they are sandstone. Supposedly all these hills are of loess soil like the bluffs on the Mississippi River around the Natchez, MS area. I've been in a few other areas part of the same set of hills and they contain very large perfectly square stones that are now in the creeks. I've got another site approximately a mile from this that has something similar. I'll post those pictures after this post, same thread. What you said is what made me originally post this. I know nature can do some strange things, yet at the same time it appeared to me if you were to dig, they'd fall either intentional or not..... I do not have a broader view of this site but will be going back there Wednesday and I'll get the shot ya'll asked for and a little more.

OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
KIMG0101.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0101.JPG
    KIMG0101.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to step back and take more pictures looking around the area. The sun is used to show the hidden stuff. The system work with both light and shadows.

OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1552755

This photo is from the first site, OP. As you are facing the full frontal view of the stones, this large depression is on the right side of the hill, not 10 yards or so from them. That's probably the best shot of the depression I could get.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take pictures of the trees in the area as well. The trees and stones work together. The place you seek will be on the lower slope. You should never be alone if you attempt to enter a cave.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One does look like a death trap. It looks like if that one stone was removed the whole thing might cave in.

OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Was in the middle of typing and accidentally closed darn browser. Waiting for a sunny day to work with shadows and pics. Unfortunately back years ago this particular area was literally stripped of old trees or trees period. That's actually what I was looking for when I first went out but then found out about the logging. Went back out today scouting and taking more thorough pictures of the area. Here's a sneak peak of what I stumbled upon, literally. Going through the pictures and will post more of interest once I have them sorted. KIMG0152.JPG
KIMG0179.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grizsf

Grizsf

Greenie
Mar 29, 2016
Sicily Island, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For the sake of editing again, just will type this out. This stone is almost directly in front of the OP pictures. Looks like a good 90 and 45 degree to me. Also, I did not remove this rock nor stand it up yet. I've got to wait to get some trusted help to do that. Right now it's better hidden than in the first picture.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yes, no doubt about it. God made that. It's an amusement deadfall. When it finally goes, and crushes some hapless human, God will be hee-hawing, and slapping his knee! He likes stuff like that. Really. It's all natural, Dude. And dangerous.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray, you have the wrong god. That is Satan who get his kicks that way. My God would only do that if you were apart of the other. Now that I've said that. There is a history we were never taught about. There were groups of people who did make those type places seen here. Some think it's the Knights Templars other think it's the Jesuit priests. Either way they were priest. They built places across the world like what you see here. If they have not been found already may contain a hidden treasures. So knowing what to look for is the first step in finding it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread