How Old Is That?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take a quik guess the black pointed helmet guy is pointing out a mine in that trench near the old ancient king's head. Might even be a gunsite near the black knight head that's pointing. Uitlakotche 024 (1) celt or priest pointing to trench.jpg

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Works perfectly for me as well. Thanks.

Yeah, the link works, but it only takes you to the top of page 1 of the thread, not to the referenced post (page 13 for me, since I receive the threads with the latest posts displayed first). Here's Quinoa's link's code: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/victorio-peak/440556-willie-l-douthit-13.html [treasurenet.com/forums/victorio-peak/440556-willie-l-douthit-13.html]

Here's an example of a link to a specific post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...ost-gold-mines-cruel-hoax-18.html#post5544662
[treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/26266-peralta-stone-maps-real-maps-lost-gold-mines-cruel-hoax-18.html#post554662] See the difference in the code - it takes you straight to a specific post. That thread has over 3100 posts. Who wants to wade through them trying to find a specific post? Not me.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, the link works, but it only takes you to the top of page 1 of the thread, not to the referenced post (page 13 for me, since I receive the threads with the latest posts displayed first). Here's Quinoa's link's code: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/victorio-peak/440556-willie-l-douthit-13.html [treasurenet.com/forums/victorio-peak/440556-willie-l-douthit-13.html]

Here's an example of a link to a specific post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...ost-gold-mines-cruel-hoax-18.html#post5544662
[treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/26266-peralta-stone-maps-real-maps-lost-gold-mines-cruel-hoax-18.html#post554662] See the difference in the code - it takes you straight to a specific post. That thread has over 3100 posts. Who wants to wade through them trying to find a specific post? Not me.

My "mouse over" shows it goes right to page 29, even when logged out. It's the first post on that page. Odd that your link goes to a different one. Anyways, I didn't intend it to be so difficult, should have just been a click.
It goes right it to it when I click my original post's link, even when logged out. Oh well.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you notice the ancient King's head forming in that large shadow with the heart near the top of his hat/crown? Wonder how old that is? View attachment 1558126

…..still waiting on Steve to call it game over, or “cool” in re. to Time/Old/How?

…and Q. did you get a chance to look in that wash? In line between the helmet and the king?
There’s a big triangle/arrow (etched in the bank's shoulder) pointing in the direction you identified. (do we still need guns?lol)
That wash is like a school(ing) playground. It has it ALL. If you know/heard about it….it’s there.
That’s the reason for choosing to post it, the more you look, the more you see. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take a quik guess the black pointed helmet guy is pointing out a mine in that trench near the old ancient king's head. Might even be a gunsite near the black knight head that's pointing. View attachment 1558135

Turning over that cliff, (which I named Wuthering Heights-because of the constant high winds)
to my surprise —and theirs- I came almost face to face with two huge ravens. I think, at least one of them had a wing span close to 4 feet, and a nice and shiny beak that seemed 4+ inches.
They didn’t seem very worried about my head popping out within the borders of their realm, and barely moved over. It was until my full body came in view, that they decided to hop-hop-hop to a safer distance.
Funny thoughts cross your mind when you’re alone in wilderness, and my initial worry was…”can this big guy actually pick me up, and still fly?” Half a second later, the thought turned into an image and I couldn’t stop laughing out loud, while my hand relaxed from the shooter. And then, continuing on that funny thought process….”what if they work together?” Ha? LMAO, this time.
I think it was the sound of my voice laughing, that convinced them to hop-hop…whooooossshhhh elegantly and catching the wind under their wings. Seeing that display,….oh my God came into mind…(my camera, where is my camera…)

P.S.
(didn’t see any obvious mining remnants in my field of view, atop. Not to say it couldn’t be. Possibly quite a ways out or better camouflaged. To me it seemed like a wait station for next delivery, by the wash/road. There are no other man-made roads, except for narrow trails that even a horse will have a hard time winding his body. No quad, or rock-crawler either. Legs only, burro or personal) But, man watta view. That picture was taken a few clicks down towards the wash. Wuthering Heights is behind me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
…..still waiting on Steve to call it game over, or “cool” in re. to Time/Old/How? ...

You guys can post whatever you want on this thread, Mav. I don't own or patrol it - I only started it to provide hopefully useful information to folks who roam the hills and encounter manmade things that they wonder about.

As far as your photo goes, it's a nice ravine - just the kind of place I like to knock around in. I'm at a loss seeing whatever it is you consider significant about it, even though I'm extremely adept at pareidolia recognition of familiar shapes. Some of these types of visions can be useful as landmarks on trails if clear enough for the masses to recognize. However, most are merely right brain phenomena that vary wildly with folks. Some see them (most need to be prompted), some don't - hardly a "marker" or "clue", IMO.

I liked your raven story - these are my favorite birds. I could go way OT and repeat my own bird-in-remote-canyon story, but instead I'll wait to see if I can make any sense of your canyon pic. So far ... it's just a private whisper I guess.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me explain some things on how gold/copper other metals form in the strata, as well as a couple reasons why the "trenches" at many of the mines. I may even throw in a few pictures of actual prospects/ etc that reflect it later on when I have more time to mess around on my computer.

First of all, gold forms as a gas that precipitates out , often with quartz in mine-able amounts over the course of a couple hundred thousand years thru cracks, faults dikes, weak layers in strata or between strata layers/geologic bodies or contact points. Likely spots for the mineralization/precipitation areas will be between parallel rock outcrops which are either horizontal or more or less vertical. The other location that I have seen them at is directly on the underside of larger outcrops, possibly due to the heavy metal settling out near the bottom. Likely areas of course for this sort of thing are mountain regions or areas of faulting and heavy uplift ( which there is a ton of it in the US).

So one reason you have a trench is to get below the rock outcrop and have a place to funnel the material . Another reason is parallel rock layers running vertical in which you tunnel in between them, so a trench is simply the by product of digging it out. Now the third and perhaps more controversial, is that slavery was used to work some of these mines, and they liked to funnel the slaves out of the entrance so they couldn't rush out in several directions and revolt.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys can post whatever you want on this thread, Mav. I don't own or patrol it - I only started it to provide hopefully useful information to folks who roam the hills and encounter manmade things that they wonder about.

As far as your photo goes, it's a nice ravine - just the kind of place I like to knock around in. I'm at a loss seeing whatever it is you consider significant about it, even though I'm extremely adept at pareidolia recognition of familiar shapes. Some of these types of visions can be useful as landmarks on trails if clear enough for the masses to recognize. However, most are merely right brain phenomena that vary wildly with folks. Some see them (most need to be prompted), some don't - hardly a "marker" or "clue", IMO.

I liked your raven story - these are my favorite birds. I could go way OT and repeat my own bird-in-remote-canyon story, but instead I'll wait to see if I can make any sense of your canyon pic. So far ... it's just a private whisper I guess.

Thank you kindly, Steve. Your input is –as you know- always greatly appreciated. Now that you mentioned OT, and us having the same preferred bird, a thought (came to me) that should be weighted by both of us.
You have an open invitation to come visit (my?) the ravine and other canyons any time at your convenience and pleasure,…your schedule permitting. As we speak, we may have another 2, maybe 2 ½ months of suitable weather for playing outdoors, in my area.
This is not a joke, but if you’re considering a fun adventure, maybe we should start planning. The worst that can happen, we’ll both end up with some great pictures, good time and great stories. As I will not try to make a believer out of you, or anybody, a little fresh air and trekking into a different world where it seems that Time stood still, should be a positive experience, regardless. Fun is almost guaranteed.
Thank you again for allowing picture/discussion on thread. Honestly I expected no less, or would have not done it. Also, I think I got enough for now, to help some people’s interests or passion or plain curiosity, if any.

P.S. Do you have a camper? Or RV or other ad-hoc quarters? It will come handy. (quad or side by side too,…to some locations) (I have a rock-crawler)

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me explain some things on how gold/copper other metals form in the strata, as well as a couple reasons why the "trenches" at many of the mines. I may even throw in a few pictures of actual prospects/ etc that reflect it later on when I have more time to mess around on my computer.

First of all, gold forms as a gas that precipitates out , often with quartz in mine-able amounts over the course of a couple hundred thousand years thru cracks, faults dikes, weak layers in strata or between strata layers/geologic bodies or contact points. Likely spots for the mineralization/precipitation areas will be between parallel rock outcrops which are either horizontal or more or less vertical. The other location that I have seen them at is directly on the underside of larger outcrops, possibly due to the heavy metal settling out near the bottom. Likely areas of course for this sort of thing are mountain regions or areas of faulting and heavy uplift ( which there is a ton of it in the US).

So one reason you have a trench is to get below the rock outcrop and have a place to funnel the material . Another reason is parallel rock layers running vertical in which you tunnel in between them, so a trench is simply the by product of digging it out. Now the third and perhaps more controversial, is that slavery was used to work some of these mines, and they liked to funnel the slaves out of the entrance so they couldn't rush out in several directions and revolt.

I think you just described an exploratory, also called a coyote hole? maybe I mix them up

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The main King's mines that slavery was used at will likely have a trench.. It may or may not get covered back up to hide it. I've seen one's that are still there. The other prospect holes won't likely have one. Alot of these mineralization things will "pinch out" really quik thus leaving an odd overhang/undercut on some outcrops. Also many will be finger fissures or veins coming off the main. So you will find many prospects on a hillside, but only one or two will likely be the main mine unless you are in an unusually rich area, in which case they will still mark the best one very well, and it will likely have an out of place trench to a backfilled spot that is usually hard to see and caved-in over it or covered well.

Also you have a lot of old timer miners during the gold rush digging all over the place as well as tapping at these pinch out spots or weak mineralization spots and messing up many of the markers around looking under large marker boulders near streams for placer and such..

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The main King's mines that slavery was used at will likely have a trench.. It may or may not get covered back up to hide it. I've seen one's that are still there. The other prospect holes won't likely have one. Alot of these mineralization things will "pinch out" really quik thus leaving an odd overhang/undercut on some outcrops. Also many will be finger fissures or veins coming off the main. So you will find many prospects on a hillside, but only one or two will likely be the main mine unless you are in an unusually rich area, in which case they will still mark the best one very well, and it will likely have an out of place trench to a backfilled spot that is usually hard to see and caved-in over it or covered well.

Also you have a lot of old timer miners during the gold rush digging all over the place as well as tapping at these pinch out spots or weak mineralization spots and messing up many of the markers around looking under large marker boulders near streams for placer and such..

OK, got it. Reason for my previous question was, because...
, there are some mines in the area around here, but they can be seen from space
And that's what the old timers in the area call...a mine.

That's not to say that everything the "49's" did is still visible. Some are....some are not. We have a very powerful monsoon season and most
slopes are drenched away en route to the wash, where they form flush floods 5-6-10 times a year which are powerful enough to lift up and carry away ANYTHING, of any weight. Absolutely deadly. (probably some on youtube)

if I double post by mistake, is that my connectivity sucks, again. High winds & dust, promising rain

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the table has been set, and the formality's are done. Bring out the first course, iam ready.I sure hope i dont have the fork and knife mixed up. I hate when i do that.It kinda ruins my sophistication. View attachment 1558674

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
DTTH,

The open invitation in # 28, goes for you too. The more, the merrier. Really real. And you may be almost around the corner, geographically.

lol (Sopiftication?....watt dat?) lol Meal? You go first

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you kindly, Steve. Your input is –as you know- always greatly appreciated. Now that you mentioned OT, and us having the same preferred bird, a thought (came to me) that should be weighted by both of us.
You have an open invitation to come visit (my?) the ravine and other canyons any time at your convenience and pleasure,…your schedule permitting. As we speak, we may have another 2, maybe 2 ½ months of suitable weather for playing outdoors, in my area.
This is not a joke, but if you’re considering a fun adventure, maybe we should start planning. The worst that can happen, we’ll both end up with some great pictures, good time and great stories. As I will not try to make a believer out of you, or anybody, a little fresh air and trekking into a different world where it seems that Time stood still, should be a positive experience, regardless. Fun is almost guaranteed.
Thank you again for allowing picture/discussion on thread. Honestly I expected no less, or would have not done it. Also, I think I got enough for now, to help some people’s interests or passion or plain curiosity, if any.

P.S. Do you have a camper? Or RV or other ad-hoc quarters? It will come handy. (quad or side by side too,…to some locations) (I have a rock-crawler)

Thanks for the invite, but I'm committed to locating a bunch of old original mining claim corners in NM pretty for much all of March - then I'll be out of the country until well into May. That puts AZ out of the question for me until next winter at the earliest. Good luck with what you're looking for. When you find yourself in truly remote country where nobody wants to go, you have a better chance of finding things that others haven't seen.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course ill need to put my smoking jacket on and have a puff. View attachment 1558726 ,lets see,there's a guy with a helmet on. How about one without a helmet.He sure has a big old honker on him. View attachment 1558732 Makes me think of Mayan View attachment 1558733 or Jimmy Durante. View attachment 1558734

Dat pooch inhaling? Royalty red too. Some live better than us…commoners.
Jimmy Durante would be the second thought, based only on honker ability and mannerism, but-but must not disregard your guy that would be my first choice of mid-eastern Royalty and facial features.
Also, the head ware and protruded chin (similar to ancient Greek heroes) would bring him closer to ancient travelers from the Levant, than deities and Royalty of Aztec nature with roundish inner chins.
And then,….the Lips…man. The lips look almost afro. Not your lips on the wall.
Not all Honkers are honker worthy. Rich and powerful but they smell different.
Incidentally, my helmet has some old Phoenician lettering that escaped most eyes, but if you apply your mag. glass on it….bingo. Also, the design of the helmet is that of a warm climate.
Your guy, must have just taken his off. Sign of resting….at ease… (ah, Meneas)

Who and why and dis and dat…? Remains to be seen. So, dig faster for our safety and honor.
I bet Steve will have a feast of this m’shine talk and speculation. Art thou ready humble Sir? Me, just humble… (internet sucks)

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the invite, but I'm committed to locating a bunch of old original mining claim corners in NM pretty for much all of March - then I'll be out of the country until well into May. That puts AZ out of the question for me until next winter at the earliest. Good luck with what you're looking for. When you find yourself in truly remote country where nobody wants to go, you have a better chance of finding things that others haven't seen.

Rain check then? Better later than never.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

It's all about the Thrill of the Chase, not really looking for the big time worldly comforts. Questions need answers, even with some hick-ups on and off. Thank you for your candor.

There is "stuff" out there that is Inexplicable,....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread