Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: How Old Is That?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinoa View Post
    The main King's mines that slavery was used at will likely have a trench.. It may or may not get covered back up to hide it. I've seen one's that are still there. The other prospect holes won't likely have one. Alot of these mineralization things will "pinch out" really quik thus leaving an odd overhang/undercut on some outcrops. Also many will be finger fissures or veins coming off the main. So you will find many prospects on a hillside, but only one or two will likely be the main mine unless you are in an unusually rich area, in which case they will still mark the best one very well, and it will likely have an out of place trench to a backfilled spot that is usually hard to see and caved-in over it or covered well.

Also you have a lot of old timer miners during the gold rush digging all over the place as well as tapping at these pinch out spots or weak mineralization spots and messing up many of the markers around looking under large marker boulders near streams for placer and such..
    OK, got it. Reason for my previous question was, because...
    , there are some mines in the area around here, but they can be seen from space
    And that's what the old timers in the area call...a mine.

That's not to say that everything the "49's" did is still visible. Some are....some are not. We have a very powerful monsoon season and most
    slopes are drenched away en route to the wash, where they form flush floods 5-6-10 times a year which are powerful enough to lift up and carry away ANYTHING, of any weight. Absolutely deadly. (probably some on youtube)

if I double post by mistake, is that my connectivity sucks, again. High winds & dust, promising rain
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 01:49 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    sw. nm.
    tesoro
    2724 times
    Now that the table has been set, and the formality's are done. Bring out the first course, iam ready.I sure hope i dont have the fork and knife mixed up. I hate when i do that.It kinda ruins my sophistication.Attachment 1558674
    Maverick1 and weekender like this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    DTTH,

The open invitation in # 28, goes for you too. The more, the merrier. Really real. And you may be almost around the corner, geographically.

lol (Sopiftication?....watt dat?) lol Meal? You go first

us
    Jan 2011
    sw. nm.
    tesoro
    2724 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1 View Post
    DTTH,

The open invitation in # 28, goes for you too. The more, the merrier. Really real. And you may be almost around the corner, geographically.

lol (Sopiftication?....watt dat?) lol Meal? You go first
    Thank you kindly sir for the invite. But first a drink before the hunt.Attachment 1558702Attachment 1558703
    Maverick1 likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dog, the treasure hunter View Post
    Thank you kindly sir for the invite. But first a drink before the hunt.Attachment 1558702Attachment 1558703
    Abso...FF...lutely my kind Sir, a drink before the hunt, and before driving onto, is always advised.

We can do it the Rusky way too,...Nazdrovye Tovarischi..

pst, pst.....no hai Tequila? (dat guy praying? in pict?)
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 06:49 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    sw. nm.
    tesoro
    2724 times
    Of course ill need to put my smoking jacket on and have a puff.Attachment 1558726,lets see,there's a guy with a helmet on. How about one without a helmet.He sure has a big old honker on him. Attachment 1558732Makes me think of MayanAttachment 1558733or Jimmy Durante.Attachment 1558734
    Maverick1 and weekender like this.

pt
    Sep 2014
    5510 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1 View Post
    Thank you kindly, Steve. Your input is as you know- always greatly appreciated. Now that you mentioned OT, and us having the same preferred bird, a thought (came to me) that should be weighted by both of us.
    You have an open invitation to come visit (my?) the ravine and other canyons any time at your convenience and pleasure,your schedule permitting. As we speak, we may have another 2, maybe 2 months of suitable weather for playing outdoors, in my area.
    This is not a joke, but if youre considering a fun adventure, maybe we should start planning. The worst that can happen, well both end up with some great pictures, good time and great stories. As I will not try to make a believer out of you, or anybody, a little fresh air and trekking into a different world where it seems that Time stood still, should be a positive experience, regardless. Fun is almost guaranteed.
    Thank you again for allowing picture/discussion on thread. Honestly I expected no less, or would have not done it. Also, I think I got enough for now, to help some peoples interests or passion or plain curiosity, if any.

P.S. Do you have a camper? Or RV or other ad-hoc quarters? It will come handy. (quad or side by side too,to some locations) (I have a rock-crawler)
    Thanks for the invite, but I'm committed to locating a bunch of old original mining claim corners in NM pretty for much all of March - then I'll be out of the country until well into May. That puts AZ out of the question for me until next winter at the earliest. Good luck with what you're looking for. When you find yourself in truly remote country where nobody wants to go, you have a better chance of finding things that others haven't seen.
    Maverick1 likes this.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue as long as its profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater." Frank Zappa

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Of course ill need to put my smoking jacket on and have a puff.Attachment 1558726,lets see,there's a guy with a helmet on. How about one without a helmet.He sure has a big old honker on him. Attachment 1558732Makes me think of MayanAttachment 1558733or Jimmy Durante.Attachment 1558734
    Dat pooch inhaling? Royalty red too. Some live better than us…commoners.
    Jimmy Durante would be the second thought, based only on honker ability and mannerism, but-but must not disregard your guy that would be my first choice of mid-eastern Royalty and facial features.
    Also, the head ware and protruded chin (similar to ancient Greek heroes) would bring him closer to ancient travelers from the Levant, than deities and Royalty of Aztec nature with roundish inner chins.
    And then,….the Lips…man. The lips look almost afro. Not your lips on the wall.
    Not all Honkers are honker worthy. Rich and powerful but they smell different.
    Incidentally, my helmet has some old Phoenician lettering that escaped most eyes, but if you apply your mag. glass on it….bingo. Also, the design of the helmet is that of a warm climate.
    Your guy, must have just taken his off. Sign of resting….at ease… (ah, Meneas)

Who and why and dis and dat…? Remains to be seen. So, dig faster for our safety and honor.
    I bet Steve will have a feast of this m’shine talk and speculation. Art thou ready humble Sir? Me, just humble… (internet sucks)
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post
    Thanks for the invite, but I'm committed to locating a bunch of old original mining claim corners in NM pretty for much all of March - then I'll be out of the country until well into May. That puts AZ out of the question for me until next winter at the earliest. Good luck with what you're looking for. When you find yourself in truly remote country where nobody wants to go, you have a better chance of finding things that others haven't seen.

Rain check then? Better later than never.
    sdcfia likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post

It's all about the Thrill of the Chase, not really looking for the big time worldly comforts. Questions need answers, even with some hick-ups on and off. Thank you for your candor.

There is "stuff" out there that is Inexplicable,....
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    And then is Cryptozoology. I'm afraid to even mention that. (from fear of being labeled as Chupacabra believer)
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 10:12 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    sw. nm.
    tesoro
    2724 times
    Gee, good ideal Maverick1. I never thought of summer and winter head wear. I seen that symbol on the helmet, but had no ideal of who used it.
    Maverick1 likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    Gee, good ideal Maverick1. I never thought of summer and winter head wear. I seen that symbol on the helmet, but had no ideal of who used it.
    It seems that it's only you and me, dear. We were left by our lonesome task to dig it. lol

ok, now serious,....Like I said before,....the more you look....the more you ...see ancient mariners . This is not your first hebrew/phoenician lettering and symbols. Neither mine to wonder about. Hey, when you live close to waterways, it happens.... to see water people. Some old, some new.

But, what is that...behind your hidden black heart, onto right. Someone lost something that could protect him? You got the better view.

It looks like a jelly fish, but it ain't
    It has chain-link hanging just right to cover what's left of the skull

Told you he lost it. at 1 o'clock. It's a heart matter.
    Last edited by Maverick1; Mar 03, 2018 at 11:21 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    sw. nm.
    tesoro
    2724 times
    I dont know, I dont even see the black heart. But this is very close to what i believe is a Templars HQ. There main camp site of the area.
    Maverick1 likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    857 times
    You still never told me....

dat guy prayin' or what? Tequila tiene tambien?

Man,...you gotta come to AZ. we'll have a blast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links