• IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 197

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an ancient sundial converted to a pointer marker. It points 2 directions, it may now be a corner of a triangle , or simply a directional pointer to something in the area like a chamber. I've seen turtle heads point straight up like that as well , it looks similar, but I would call it a frog. The frog is the adult stage. It just means you are near the end. Same with an X. It has one of those as well. IMG_3104 directional.jpg

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Thank you for your insight. So I should follow the arrows that you drew and look for more markers to form a triangle? Should subsequent markers look similar to this one in size and shape?

in 1965 when my dad was 10years old they moved to this ranch. At that time there was an old man that worked here (70ish years old if my dad recalls). He claimed that he had located two markers that were rocks with perfectly round holes in them that if you put a stick in them would make the legs of a triangle. He showed one of them to my dad at that time. He was never able to locate the third one and my dad has never really looked for it. This would be less than 1/2 mile from where this marker is.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The largest triangle I have actually measured was 198 feet on the legs, but they can be bigger if they are just using them as reference points. I would look fairly close, yes the arrows should go to either markers/monuments or the spots they were marking. Since the frog looks fairly straight out, I would guess the mine, tomb, or vault was the upper arrow, and the lower arrow goes to a secondary site, possibly where things were moved and cached out. The elongated brick shaped rock is an indicator directional pointer and I've seen them next to tombstone shaped boulders laying flat on the ground pointing a direction to look from the tombstone marker.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find keep looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread