• Closed Mine Appears to be Peralta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Found this beauty while searching around an old Spanish mine in the West Desert.
1847PeraltaHerartStone.jpg

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
What were you doing out there without me? It is too hot to be out in the west desert without Utah Hunter ;) Seriously, If you ever want a hunting buddy for safety or other reasons I have a lot of time on my hand at the moment and a good two box detector. I am planning on going down in the fishlake and boulder mountain area after 2 different Spanish treasures in the next few weeks That is a cool stone, what are the measurements? Were you in south, central, or northern Utah? The Spanish were everywhere in Utah, I am surprised we doesn't get a large Christmas card for Spain every year with a thank you for all the gold they took out of here ;D. Welcome to tnet, keep up the posts...Ryan

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Howdy Ryan.....Happy to hear from you. If your familiar with Utah, then you may have heard of this area already. The mine is the "Monarch Mine" west of Grantsville, at the top of North Willow Canyon. It is said to be one of the richest mines in the west if not the world. I understand that the owner of this patent is very sensitive about the dig because shortly after the hidden tunnel entrance was realized and brought into production, her husband lost his life to the mine in a collapse. However, the area is open to the public and there are numerous old mines still open to explore accept the Monarch, which is closed and sealed at this time. When I first became aware of this site 15 years ago, there were Spanish carvings coming in to the location from all directions but due to time, the elements and traffic, few of them remain today. On the other hand, as you know there are usually cache sites to look for around these kinds of digs and a double box; well, who knows? Personally I've been laid up for a while with a spinal injury and never did get around to acquiring a detector in the past. I enjoy tracking their ghosts more than anything. Twisted

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Ryan.... You asked about the size of the stone; about as large as a human heart. If you would like to view more of what my 30 + years of hunting as uncovered, go to "The Treasures of Utah" message board and look under "The Clues, Maps, Signs, Symbols, Monuments." There is a little chewing of the fat under Rhoades mines as well. Twisted Fork
KnightandTrowelorTorchhead.jpg

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
My spine is why I have time on my hands at the moment. Spinal blocks are the next step to see if they can give me any relief. Morphine and fentanyl did nothing from the start, and my pain level hovers between 8 and 9. Metal detecting is good therapy and that is why I just got back into it. I have a second unit that works just fine, so if you want to get out in these Spanish areas and even use my second detector just let me know. I live in Cedar Hills, right at the mouth of American Fork canyon so I am not too far away from you. Do you live in Grantsville?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Twisted,

Do you take all the markers you can carry home with you?

30 plus years of hunting........ that's a lot of screwing up everyone else and your self.

Bet you are the one digging under all the stacked monuments too.

What a hoot. Pleased to meet you.

I started in 76 and have yet to move or destroy a marker.

Keep to your own neck of the woods sir. we don't need more of it anywhere else.

Over here we are finders not hunters. we don't change a trail that is bad etiquette.

Thanks
OD

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
+1

Leave it where you found it, the same way you found it.

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Not to worry on the markers bro. These are just a few that were involved in the study that led to the complete translation of the available Spanish maps, the Peralta Tablets and the breaking of the ancient Mason's Code of the Brotherhood. It is my understanding that not long from now, this entire mountain will be acquired and ground down to a pit by one of the large mining companies. The other stones came from a mining claim of my own. I have walked all over 6 different Spanish sites here in Utah and another in Arizona that few have ever visited. Most are in the Primitive Areas and the stones and tree carvings are still there just as I found them. I know just how you feel about this topic as my work started with the study of elaborate Spanish map tree carvings. These have always been near sacred to me and even as such my heart has been broken on more than one trip upon finding that beautiful tree butchered or just all together removed. Another thing that is becoming more and more common is their removal by the property owners who do not wish for mine hunters to find their personal stash. To date, I know the location of 7 lost Spanish gold mines and have not so much as even touched them. If you can figure out how to identify them, more power to you; beware of Federal prison. Twisted

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Gold bars Hmmmmm...... I guess I could clue you in here bud. If you can find the hidden location of an air vent, then look 80 feet above it (average) for two sections of like stone laying side by side or in nature a crevice, and there you will find them at a dagger's depth. The quantity will be based on the smelting of one ton of the pay streak. This is how the Mexican miners field claimed their mines. Here's another freebie: the ore cache is located up and to the side of the main portal (often rock capped) between two standing markers, slightly off center and under a rock. If you find the two markers first, line them up and veer out from them at about 5 degrees. These are corners 2 & 3 of the infield triangle; stand at corner 3 to aim. The mine will be resting between 80 and 180 feet away and hidden. This cache setup is a land form picture to clue you in on the rock capped entrance where the source of the gold came from in the first place. Average 450 pounds. The previous photo of the headstone is located about 180 feet out in front of the main entrance (site from his all seeing eye), 80 feet from a production shaft and or air vent. The air vents are often concealed to look like a rabbit hole by standing a log up in it, stacking it up with rocks and then dirt, and the pole then slid out. Happy Hunting guys. Twisted

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
As stated in a PM to Twisted,

I apologise for all as it is clear these were saved for historical value. This is a given now that reasons for saving them is known. My opinions are mine alone. and all of these trails are worth saving. they are a piece of the history of this country.

All parts of and pieces to these trails need to be preserved. I have encountered so many that have been changed moved or just plain destroyed in the last few years that ...
You Bet! I'll take it personally!

The Markers in the first couple posts were SAVED .. for historical posterity.

No I won't go in and delete my previous posts .... as some would. I will let them stand as posted. I have never deleted a post, and never plan to.
I guess the lesson is to post things as they are meant to be interpreted. and to please understand that these things are important, WHERE THEY ARE. and should only be taken when threatened by distruction.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Old Dog

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Jesus said that if you find a treasure in the field, take part of the treasure and use it to acquire the land. If you find ingots, they will most likely be in the form of dore (a mix of what ever is in the pay streak). If you find bars that are pure gold, you may be on to something much more worth getting excited about. Part of the reason why I don't hunt much anymore, is because I have been followed on the last few trips I made. There has even been folks sitting around in places you wouldn't think to find them in. Beware of skanks and tweakers Ryan, their real bitches to say the least. My .357 keeps me warm and fuzzy at times like that. Hope to meet up on happy terms someday. Twisted

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
One quick note worth the mention.......Old Dog is certainly coming from the right angle. Here in Utah, anything and everything found by the more goody two shoes type of Mormons, ends up in the church vault (imaginary brownie points). As far as I'm concerned they owe us all a new Utah State Museum at the least. They have so much stuff stashed away in there that has been found and kept from us since the first pioneers arrived. They seem to think it has some eternal booty application to the last days, when in reality it will all be worthless and lost compared to the value of a single loaf of bread. Would somebody please wack Jo up the side of the head and point out what is really happening in the world? :o Twisted (P.S. Boys; Watch out for the crafty death traps associated with the good stuff)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
utah hunter said:
Does that include spanish gold bars?

Umm..no. I'm talking about markers, not treasure :o

I also apologize about the misunderstanding. TwistedFork seems to be good people.

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Old Dog......just a note to check your mail if you haven't already; Twisted

OP
OP
Twisted Fork

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
I am sure there is a time for everything bud....... God Bless.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Dog...are you still up? Charge that darn phone of yours....lol. Ya gotta watch the phono tomorrow in case i need help or get my arse in a pickle...

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread