Rocks piled or fallen cairns, or stake supports?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The sign of which I speak are the classic Spanish mark. Daggers, crosses and gunsite directional monuments, unless of course you know of someone else that put them there. I'm open to any new information so please, enlighten me. I'm just telling you this from 30 years of seeing them from Sonora Mexico to Idaho and believing completely that they were made by Spanish. There is even the classic bird wings on a huge boulder, tilting in the direction that the old trail turns on a dime.

Just out of curiosity, were these marks found anywhere in the general area around Pocatello?

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add Idaho to my list of states the Spanish occupied.

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity, were these marks found anywhere in the general area around Pocatello?

I've never explored around Pokey. I have wondered about the Lava Hotsprings area and south into Utah as a possible route they may have taken but as I say, I've only soaked in the hot baths there and didn't really look around much. One never knows until one gets out and peaks through the bushes.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any idea what there travel way would have been out of Idaho would they have gone west or headed down south.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Do you have any idea what there travel way would have been out of Idaho would they have gone west or headed down south.

I googled the diary, seems they would have come from the Pacific and Columbia River.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled the diary, seems they would have come from the Pacific and Columbia River.

That's what i found to i just started looking in to it seems they were very busy at that site in Idaho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread