Are the following stones clues to Treasure?

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Are the following stones clues to Treasure?

Judaculla Rock in North Carolina

The Bat Creek Stone in Tennessee

Dighton Rock in Massachusetts

The Bourne Rune Stone in Massachusetts

New England’s Mystery Stone

The Roseau Stone found in Minnesota

The Kensington Rune Stone in Minnesota

The Shawnee Rune Stone in Oklahoma

The Heavener Rune Stone in Oklahoma

The Davenport / Pontotoc Stele in Iowa

The Grave Creek Stone of West Virginia

The Los Lunas Decalogue in New Mexico

The Newark Decalogue in Ohio

The Johnson-Bradner Stone found in Newark, Ohio

The Keystone found in Newark, Ohio

Including areas of interest including the following:

Newport Tower in Rhode Island

Any information you have on these sites would be most helpful.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lue, from what I've seen in this forum every rock on Earth is a treasure marker. The level of pretend going on around here exceeds anything I've ever seen in other treasure forums, even the KGC guys can't make up this much stuff. If it keeps you out of trouble...

OP
OP
LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carl-NC,

I can't agree with you more. It seems like everyone is putting a moniker on whatever they see. The one thing I have noticed in relation to the Judaculla Rock in North Carolina is it has similar water glyphs to the ones in the Arizona strip and to one in the country of Scotland. Plus there is one in southern California that has a "Y" sign and looks like the one on Judaculla rock too.

Crazy huh? I am a searcher/researcher and when I see things in comparison in different parts of the country or world it really makes you wonder what we are really looking at. At present I am learning Indian Sign Language because some of the rock writings are related to that type of non verbal communication and some of that has been transferred to rock writings.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in NC for 21 yrs but don't recall the Judaculla Rock, so I looked it up. Not far from my old backpacking trails. Appears to be "prehistoric" which, for North America, is anything before 1492. It wouldn't surprise me if it bears resemblance to other Native American carvings as they are all commonly descended. Scotland? That would be unusual. Those kinds of "mysteries" intrigue me. People who pretend that every rock is a treasure marker also intrigue me, but for a different reason.

OP
OP
LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carl-NC,

Take a look at this carving located in Campos, California and look at one of the carvings in the Judaculla Rock the "Y" shaped design cut with the divots at each end. The similarities are uncanny.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charles25001/8502974582/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charles25001/8502853564/in/photostream/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...d=0ahUKEwjB_PyUts_bAhUrsVQKHV5oAVsQoioIrAEwDg

Here are others I spoke about

http://www.utahrockart2.org/pubs/pr..._Ancient_Cartography_Of_The_Arizona_Strip.pdf

https://ecoartsblog.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/drumtroddan-cup-and-rings/

Anasazi water glyphs mark good camping spots in Arizona Strip

WaterGlyphs

"In Plain Sight"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballochmyle_cup_and_ring_marks

Some interesting reading at the above links as well as others like the following:

Cup-and-Ring Marked Stones in Ancient Mesoamerica
By Arnaud F. Lambert

Cup-and-ring marks have generally been classified within the broad category of “petroglyphic rock art” and have been identified in many different regions. Concentrations of these markings have been documented in England (Jackson, 1992), Scotland (McCartney, 2004); Ireland (Johnston, 1989), as well as other parts of the Atlantic coast of western Europe (van Hoek, 1997). On the African continent, similar engravings have been documented in rock outcrops in Namibia (Coulson & Campbell, 2001, 108, Fig. 120). In Polynesia, cup-and-ring marks have been observed on Tubuai Island, Tahiti, and Easter Island (Lee, 1996, 165-7). Other examples are well known in western North America and northern Mexico (Mark & Newman, 1995; Ortiz de Zárate, 1976) and the Andean region of South America (Schobinger, 1997). By comparison, very few cup-and-ring marked stones have been found within the cultural and geographic confines of ancient Mesoamerica as defined by its historically- constituted social practices over the last three and a half millennia (Joyce, 2004).

Lots to see and this is only a sampling.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Cup-and-Ring Marked Stones in Ancient Mesoamerica
By Arnaud F. Lambert

Cup-and-ring marks have generally been classified within the broad category of “petroglyphic rock art” and have been identified in many different regions. Concentrations of these markings have been documented in England (Jackson, 1992), Scotland (McCartney, 2004); Ireland (Johnston, 1989), as well as other parts of the Atlantic coast of western Europe (van Hoek, 1997). On the African continent, similar engravings have been documented in rock outcrops in Namibia (Coulson & Campbell, 2001, 108, Fig. 120). In Polynesia, cup-and-ring marks have been observed on Tubuai Island, Tahiti, and Easter Island (Lee, 1996, 165-7). Other examples are well known in western North America and northern Mexico (Mark & Newman, 1995; Ortiz de Zárate, 1976) and the Andean region of South America (Schobinger, 1997). By comparison, very few cup-and-ring marked stones have been found within the cultural and geographic confines of ancient Mesoamerica as defined by its historically- constituted social practices over the last three and a half millennia (Joyce, 2004).

Lots to see and this is only a sampling.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

I know where some of these are. I don't know for sure exactly what they mean, but IMO they're very old. They're weathered much, much more than the "standard" petroglyphs in the area and seem more precisely carved.

Four circles.JPG

Circles 1-1.JPG

OP
OP
LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water Glyphs / Cup and Ring

Hello sdcfia,

Thank you for sharing your photographs of your glyphs. I recently found a book that relates to cup and ring water glyphs and it refers to them copperas the indians in the south west used them to locate springs in the desert by the divots within or outside of the ring or rings and used the bearing line I assume to help with the direction to their location. Powell used an indian guide who knew how to read them.

Best regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread