Screenshot_20180730-143608.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 95

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Does these look carved?

The cup-looking thing is carved. The face-looking thing next to it is natural. Amerindians often chose their carving spots based on nearby natural-looking anomalies.

The last photo looks all natural.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What program are you manipulating your photos with? They are definatly carved.

OP
OP
A

Alpha137

Jan 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What program are you manipulating your photos with? They are definatly carved.

I am using a negative photo filter on a samsung phone and adjusting color contrast on some pics to get better details and then using photoshop to adjust size. I haven't found a good program for windows yet, but I hear Adobe Lightroom is good for Windows so I will probably try it out. Otherwise the basic Mac programs seem to be better for photography.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe these photos that you took are from Fremont Indians they were prevalent in your area.

OP
OP
A

Alpha137

Jan 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe these photos that you took are from Fremont Indians they were prevalent in your area.

I think the majority of them are also, but there is a large frame of time spanning some of the glyphs. Not to mention cowboy graffiti. haha.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spaniards were very active in North West Utah say around the Vernal area they had 3 trails of travel out of the area they had working gold mines there.Green River area down the Grande Canyon another thru Moab and one thru the Grand Junction area that went to Santa Fe New Mexico. Some of your pics are actual Spanish carvings telling of a trail and of a storage site.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You won't find much of a welcome here with those kinds of comments, even though you are absolutely correct. However, one caveat: asking "professionals" about petroglyphs could well be a fool's errand too. Remember, the only folks who know for sure what these things mean are those who carved them.

Alpha 137: your "Mercury-style" carving rock is the most interesting in your group by far.

I know what a lot of these glyph's mean. First off many native Americans know just what they mean. second those glyphs have nothing to do with berried treasure, thats a joke with a capital J. As with all religions and beliefs it is passed down for thousand's of years and it will stay that way until we are all gone. Shamans made the petroglyphs, not stone age men. I have gone on tours of many glyph sites very informative.

Attachments

• image00000136.jpeg
    image00000136.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • image00000889.jpg
    image00000889.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • image00001033.jpg
    image00001033.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • image00000168.jpg
    image00000168.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • image00000838.jpeg
    image00000838.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • image00000263.jpg
    image00000263.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what a lot of these glyph's mean. First off many native Americans know just what they mean. second those glyphs have nothing to do with berried treasure, thats a joke with a capital J. As with all religions and beliefs it is passed down for thousand's of years and it will stay that way until we are all gone. Shamans made the petroglyphs, not stone age men. I have gone on tours of many glyph sites very informative.

I agree that nearly none of the petroglyphs found all over the southwest have anything to do with Spanish or any other type of treasure (precious metal). A few do - but very few.

Regarding native Americans' knowledge about the carvings' meanings. Same story: overwhelmingly, they don't have a clue. A few have good ideas, but very few.

OP
OP
A

Alpha137

Jan 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been learning and I agree the vast majority are not Spanish, or at least not the ones I have shown. But there is one or 2 with some possibility of not being Native American. There is a brand too. I started this thread to get information from people with knowledge and from that I have learned tons and have been pointed in directions for more knowledge. So anyone who has contributed to learning for all of us, thank you. With that said I have to disagree with one of your points. Most Native Americans do not understand the glyphs and some of them are very very old and maybe not associated with the standard understanding of ancient inhabitants of the area - Fremonts. Although my guess would be that they are mostly from the Fremonts. An interesting side note, because of this thread (I think) I have seen people in the glyph area measuring the glyphs. It is fairly remote and probably not an accident if someone is out there. Not sure what to make of that, but it seems possible someone may have figured out the area from this thread. Anyway, if that is the case I implore anyone who comes across them not to damage them or move them. If you are measuring them you will not find anything from of Spanish origin with those measurements. Also, if any burial caves or sites are disturbed it would be a bad thing and things are being watched. I don't mean to be vague or mysterious, but just a head up. That is all I can say.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me you have some Spanish symbols there to just keep looking boots on the ground is what is the best course of action don't let them discourage. The area you are in is highly popular with people to, now that it is getting cooler you will see more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions