Only the shadows know?

• Walking in the past?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have a map just clues,after seeing this thread I pulled it up on G.E. and marked it. Wish I had seen this earlier spn clk.JPG

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank you for your post billy / twistedfork/ and others that contributed, billy how many spare symbols,were there at your site, my guess is between 20 / 30 at least and perhaps all inside a 600 square area

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that you behind me? just kidding, good call again dusty. Thank you for bringing this up I would not have seen it.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Billy it would have saved me a couple pair of boots and who knows with the time saved I might have had better results. Good luck, There will be more variations out there than whats been posted also.Finding the trails are the easy part, folks should be able to go from one to the next one without any problem using a county map / topo map, the best results can be had using magnetic degrees and Grid is completly useless

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Gab this is what I was in reference to, the drawing references two and it just another method they used, sometime there a fake or just a layout that shows how things are layed out and the other will be using the same degrees and distances between the symbols, the just don't give you all the info. Thats how I find the cache site to be, mines and Vaults are possibly different but should be the same method. I know that lots of folks don't advise someone to turn large rocks over but sometimes they have valuable info, be very careful they will pin you in place, sometimes they will just have a series of dots in a 6" square. It will usually take two men to turn them over. Its not smart to take chances with your life, or have to cut your own leg off with your pocket knife

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Going with the thought that the knee high boulders may be on site things 30 inches high ( under 200 feet ) between the knee and waist 40 inches high 1200 feet ( 1/4 mile ) sholder / 5 / 6 feet high = corner markers 2.5 miles ( has trail markers every 1/4 mile,) It may be possible that the 20 / 30 feet high may indicate Mine or Vault several leagues away. I sure miss Lost Horse and Kim, wish Rangler and Thom and some of the others would get involved

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thanks should be to you dsty for sharing all your hard work with us!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I may have posted my thoughts wrong about the starting points for the square league it seems that the trails start on the south side of a River that runs East / West and continues toward the south, same with the River that runs N / S , seems the trails head west.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Dsty. I have went back and read this thread two times. I still feel like i do not have a good handle on a windrose. However this is my try. A windrose is a geometrical layout. It has a centrail starting point or axis such a alpha monument or perhaps a smaller monument that may have on it a cross or other directional symbol that will send a hunter in two or more directions. At the end of these compass points A hunter should find a layout of a triangle. (could this triangle be called an omega?) however there could be more than one triangle. I think I have one of these and will try to post it soon. So the part I am still confused about is this (omega?) made of triangles only or can they be made of squares, rectangles, and circles as well? I am only taking a shot at this. If I am incorrect, Desty or anybody who knows please correct me.

May the sun be warm on your face, The breeze cool at your Back, and Your trails downhill.

Thanks again dsty

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dsty. I have went back and read this thread two times. I still feel like i do not have a good handle on a windrose. However this is my try. A windrose is a geometrical layout. It has a centrail starting point or axis such a alpha monument or perhaps a smaller monument that may have on it a cross or other directional symbol that will send a hunter in two or more directions. At the end of these compass points A hunter should find a layout of a triangle. (could this triangle be called an omega?) however there could be more than one triangle. I think I have one of these and will try to post it soon. So the part I am still confused about is this (omega?) made of triangles only or can they be made of squares, rectangles, and circles as well? I am only taking a shot at this. If I am incorrect, Desty or anybody who knows please correct me.

May the sun be warm on your face, The breeze cool at your Back, and Your trails downhill.

Thanks again dsty

Pinwheel

Pinwheel:
The guys posting here are the knowledge banks on this subject and i'm learning right along with you. But, I will jump in here and point out to you some basic plane geometry I remember from high school. (many, many moons ago. LOL )

A square and rectangle can be considered to be made up of at least 2 triangles. If you start drawing straight lines between opposite corners, you can form either 2 triangles from one diagonal line or 4 with 2 diagonal lines.

Also, if you draw a circle inside of a triangle that touches all 3 sides of the triangle, you will find that 3 of the circle's radii will strike a side of the triangle at a 90 degree angle. Using this technique backwards, you can plot a triangle by figuring out which 3 radii would give the 90 degree angles to tangent lines, then extend those 3 lines until they completed the triangular shape. Actually, I THINK if you plot the center line of each angle of the triangle and extend those lines to the interior of the triangle, the point at which the 3 cross will give you the center of the circle. Then, adjust your drawing compass to the distance from that center point to the different lines to get the value of the circle's radii and strike the circle. I do not have a drafting compass handy to double check this. I'm just going from memory. DUH !!! If I am wrong about this, I'm sure some math wiz will correct me.........hopefully courteously. LOL

If you can get your hands on a book of plane geometry, refresh your knowledge on plotting tangents to circles, finding the midpoint of a line and finding the middle of a triangle. The Spanish were excellent surveyors........and the KGC used these techniques, too. 8-)

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GE pic 009.JPG

Hello Short Stack. The mountains here where I live are some of the largest and roughest in the state. Any ways here is a layout that I have. I do not know if this is a windrose or not. Maybe some one in the know would tell me if it is. I am not sure about it working with the 8 points of the compass windrose. The blue line just shows north and south. The White line shows the route in from a northern direction. It starts from about 10 miles a way. That trail has some false trails that just leaves you hanging around in the wilderness looking for the next marker that is not there. Any ways it brings you into what I call the axis. That is a monument that has a lot of code in it. Any ways It sends you off in many directions. most of these headings i never found any thing. I am not saying there is not a sign or marker on those headings, i just never found one. Any ways The headings where I found a monument with more code on it would be the corners of this triangle prizem that is shown that on this G.E. photo. The corner monuments(?) would give the bearings to the next monument. (in code of course) These yellow lines are just connecting the monument to the next one. I have been working on this project for about 5 years. It has just been me trying to figure all this out. I have done all this by trial and error. There has been a lot more error than success. But man it sure is rewarding when i have been right about something. The layout covers about 5000 acres. Anyways if any one who knows would please let me know if this meets the criteria of a windrose.

may the sun be warm on your face, the breeze cool on your back, and your trails downhill.

Pinwheel

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Pin, It is my belief that in your part of the world you should be looking for corner markers or trail markers those may be 5 ft for corner markers and trail markers 4 ft high or less perhaps 44 inches if you can find those they should point you in a direction that they indicate piossibly 1or 2 for trail and 3 or 4 for corner markers. If I had no idea on where to start I believe the best choice would to use a large River to start from stay on the South or North side, or on the East / West side and just scale it out in 2.5 miles untill you find a location near you and just start looking for monument or trail marker, they can be identified by the true degree. Alpha / Omega is to me a Start / End It may be anything that shows the proper direction,, windrose's may be miles if between Mines, for those that you may be looking should be around less that 1000 feet

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Pin, There may be something on line about Spanish Carvings In Arkansas, Spanish Trails In Arkansas, also Look at the Cities/Towns with Spanish Names, Spanish Influence in Arkansas. All you need is a starting point. High Points of a Mnt, or Hill on the North Side of a River / Stream. Look on top and near a horseshoe bend in the N.E. outside Corner, it can be as far away as 1/2 mile or more. Theres been Precious stones found in small stream beds where theres gravel, The one time that I heard about was a man would take a cloth filled with dirt gravel and swish it around in the water ( in a small brook ) untill the things of interest started showing up, get all the info you can about diamonds in the raw, a certain color of clay may be a clue also, I feel that that may something you can take to the bank. Let me know if you need any help counting them.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Dsty. Thanks for your thoughts. You are right about towns with Spanish or other ethnic names. How ever most of these towns do not exist anymore. And have not since before the early 1900's. The One I am working on now "Gwynn Arkansas" ties in With The Heavner Runstone. Any way that is another trail.

Hey dsty thanks just the same for the advice on gem hunting. Truth is i have no intrest in gems. You are right. the trails wear you out. But not as much as all the research. I can replace the boot leather easy enough, the eyeballs are a different matter. However I think i will just stick to my trails.

may The sun be warm on your face, the breeze cool on your back, and your trails downhill
Pinwheel

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel on my site their was clock hands (reversed) hidden in the shadows. And Dsty was right around 1000 feet..LISTEN to Dsty he sure knows his stuff!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread