This can't be natural... Right?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Indian artifact collector could possibly give good info on it. Will not hurt to try.

OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Indian artifact collector could possibly give good info on it. Will not hurt to try.

Hm yeah I bet you're right. It would be really nice to get an opinion from someone like that. Thanks for the idea.

So it seems you're like me, maybe not fully convinced but thinking it could have been formed by someone?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hm yeah I bet you're right. It would be really nice to get an opinion from someone like that. Thanks for the idea.

So it seems you're like me, maybe not fully convinced but thinking it could have been formed by someone?
I can't see all of it but it looks like a place in the rock that a fire stick was held to turn a stick to start fires. The Indian could not hold the top of the stick in his hand to turn it fast enough to start a fire. - MY 2 1/2 cents. -

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but not seeing anything that might say worked by man.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Simple a rock, a nice speckled rock at that.

So it is exactly 2" x 3".
By "man made", I assume we mean Native Americans. But the NA's did not use the inch, as a unit of measurement. It's a white folks unit of measure.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a rock. But in the spirit of this forum, it was probably man-made and placed such that it pointed directly to a massive treasure. Do you remember which way it pointed?

OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a rock. But in the spirit of this forum, it was probably man-made and placed such that it pointed directly to a massive treasure. Do you remember which way it pointed?

Always good to see your comment Carl. Thanks for chiming in. Here's my stance on it... First, take a look at this video:

Now, let me show you a quickly made diagram of the exact measurements of its face:

View attachment 1654215

Those measurements are precise down to the millimeter. Perfectly symmetrical, perfectly smooth on all sides, clearly recognizable shape. All you guys that are saying there is nothing strange about that at all need to give it a second thought. Just saying. This type of perfect geometry is only found naturally in crystallization. This is not a crystal, it is a stone. The same type of stone found throughout the material excavated from the hole. This is very obviously more than "just a rock". A little brainless child could see that, frankly. I don't mean to define you that way. I'm just saying that all of you guys are experiencing a momentary lapse in your recognition abilities.

You were asking about its position in the soil. When I unearthed the stone from the mud at about 12 ft depth I had no idea that it was significant until I washed all the mud away. So to answer your question I do not remember in what direction it was pointing. But I do remember where it was in relation to my target. It was positioned almost directly above the target area, which measures 3 ft x 2 ft, seemingly indicating that the measurements of the stone represent the measurements of the buried object. I've seen so many holes going down 100+ ft. All the diggers have to show for it are a few perhaps oddly shaped stones they hope have meaning. I have never encountered anything like this before. If nothing else, this is an extremely odd stone. Before you mention the Japanese were using the metric system, let me correct you, they were utilizing both systems of measurement in their treasure burials.

All I'm saying is that this is a freakishly odd stone to find buried in the ground at 12 ft depth and I do not believe that my opinion is a result of wishful thinking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see all of it but it looks like a place in the rock that a fire stick was held to turn a stick to start fires. The Indian could not hold the top of the stick in his hand to turn it fast enough to start a fire. - MY 2 1/2 cents. -

This stone was unearthed in the Philippines, in an area that maintained a large Japanese population before, during and after the war. Prime real estate for treasure. Check the video so you can get a thorough view of the stone. Thanks a lot for chiming in.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Always good to see your comment Carl. Thanks for chiming in. Here's my stance on it... First, take a look at this video:

Now, let me show you a quickly made diagram of the exact measurements of its face:

View attachment 1654215

Those measurements are precise down to the millimeter. Perfectly symmetrical, perfectly smooth on all sides, clearly recognizable shape. All you guys that are saying there is nothing strange about that at all need to give it a second thought. Just saying. This type of perfect geometry is only found naturally in crystallization. This is not a crystal, it is a stone. The same type of stone found throughout the material excavated from the hole. This is very obviously more than "just a rock". A little brainless child could see that, frankly. I don't mean to define you that way. I'm just saying that all of you guys are experiencing a momentary lapse in your recognition abilities.

You were asking about its position in the soil. When I unearthed the stone from the mud at about 12 ft depth I had no idea that it was significant until I washed all the mud away. So to answer your question I do not remember in what direction it was pointing. But I do remember where it was in relation to my target. It was positioned almost directly above the target area, which measures 3 ft x 2 ft, seemingly indicating that the measurements of the stone represent the measurements of the buried object. I've seen so many holes going down 100+ ft. All the diggers have to show for it are a few perhaps oddly shaped stones they hope have meaning. I have never encountered anything like this before. If nothing else, this is an extremely odd stone. Before you mention the Japanese were using the metric system, let me correct you, they were utilizing both systems of measurement in their treasure burials.

All I'm saying is that this is a freakishly odd stone to find buried in the ground at 12 ft depth and I do not believe that my opinion is a result of wishful thinking.

You are firm in your belief. I like that.

Nothing like making up your mind prior to asking the question. Every “brainless little child” that responded to your thread, said it was just a rock, however you plunge ahead at full speed.

Good luck to you sir.

OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are firm in your belief. I like that.

Nothing like making up your mind prior to asking the question. Every “brainless little child” that responded to your thread, said it was just a rock, however you plunge ahead at full speed.

Good luck to you sir.

I didn't call anyone a brainless little child. My mind is at about 98% made up about the stone being a treasure marker. But 100% made up that the stone is more than "just a rock". Yes, 98% is enough to keep digging. This is very obviously an extremely unusual stone. These fokes saying its one of natures little wonders... Have you ever been outside? Beyond crystallization nature absolutely does not do this with stones, especially stones buried 12 ft underground. That's a fact. Some people don't put any real thought in to it before giving conclusive answers on here sometimes. They're just browsing through tossing careless half-assed comments around. That's bad for the forum. If you want to do that then obviously you're free to do so. Just don't expect me to invest any more consideration in to your opinion as you have mine. There's just no way anyone can say this is "just a rock" and be taken seriously by anyone with any real experience. And look I'm sorry if anyone is offended by the brainless child comment. It was just a figure of speech. Thanks for commenting. Good luck to you too.

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a brainless little child. My mom had me tested.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mind is at about 98% made up about the stone being a treasure marker.

A 3" rock buried 12 feet deep? That sounds like a lousy treasure marker.

Some people don't put any real thought in to it before giving conclusive answers on here sometimes. They're just browsing through tossing careless half-assed comments around.

Can't disagree with that. The majority of the posts in this forum are from people pretending to see treasure markers in every rock they stumble over. Including a naturally weathered 3" rock buried 12 feet deep. Most likely because it's the only thing you've found, and you're desperate to assign meaning to it so the hole you're digging doesn't end up just as meaningless. But it is what it is. Keep digging and in a month, or 2 months, or 6 months, come back and show us what you've found. Maybe another rock, eh?

OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 3" rock buried 12 feet deep? That sounds like a lousy treasure marker.

Can't disagree with that. The majority of the posts in this forum are from people pretending to see treasure markers in every rock they stumble over. Including a naturally weathered 3" rock buried 12 feet deep. Most likely because it's the only thing you've found, and you're desperate to assign meaning to it so the hole you're digging doesn't end up just as meaningless. But it is what it is. Keep digging and in a month, or 2 months, or 6 months, come back and show us what you've found. Maybe another rock, eh?

All that technical know-how and still stuck with such limited capacity for anything outside the box. Your mind still sees nothing but a "3 inch weathered rock" even after I just showed you a diamond shaped stone that is literally perfectly symmetrical. Thanks Carl, I won't expect any ground breaking technology out of you in the near (or distant) future. Its not the only thing I have found. But quite clearly it would be a total waste to reveal anything else to the likes of you. All the best

P.S., if this is a "lousy treasure marker", I guess they should have engraved "TREASURE HERE. PROMISE!" with a big red arrow pointing downward on a giant tombstone and placed it directly above the target. Once again, good thinking Carl.

View attachment 1654427

"A picture is worth a thousand words."
...:laughing9:

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Delusions are a wonderful thing aren't they.Nobody in their right mind would bury a 3 inch treasure marker 12 feet deep.End of story.

OP
OP
M

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delusions are a wonderful thing aren't they.Nobody in their right mind would bury a 3 inch treasure marker 12 feet deep.End of story.

And if originally there was a map? This type of marker is placed to keep a map holder (required simplification: map holder, someone already aware of a treasure buried in the general area) digging in the right place. Its meant to be small and concealed so that only someone in the know would think to clean it off. Does that sort of make sense to you, even a little bit? I won't hold my breath. Good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread