Golden Eye markers?

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Prospector
Any ideas? Ever seen any thing like it?
These two doorways into this rock are about 1/4 mile up the 60 degree steep side of the mountain and I would guess 30 feet off the ground. They appear to be entrances to somewhere, where I have no idea but they are in a known Gold bearing area.
I took these with my camera at full zoom across the river and up the hill. I'm sure it would be a full day hike if possible to get to but I sure would like to find out what's in there besides Rattlers.

DSCF0003 (640x480).jpg DSCF0006 (640x480).jpg DSCF0001 (640x480).jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The right side of the large sunlit monument is a turtle head with open mouth facing up to sky. Turn the photo a quarter turn clockwise to see it better. The left side represents the shell, but has some other shapes to it. This type of turtle (facing straight up to sky) I have heard a long time ago can mean you are very close if not right on something.

Near the left top of picture is a representation of sunlit skull with a little triangular rock on top, which is an old masonic type thing.

Anyways, there's a couple square notches down and to left of main turtle monument where the skull is also looking and an alignment rock lower right of center of photo which is shaped like a pyramid or A frame, which will likely line thru the square notched out boulder just to the left of it.
It appears they are marking a spot somewhere just left of center and slightly low of center in the picture, essentially where the back of the body or shell of the turtle would be underground.

OP
OP
Mileaway

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
The right side of the large sunlit monument is a turtle head with open mouth facing up to sky. Turn the photo a quarter turn clockwise to see it better. The left side represents the shell, but has some other shapes to it. This type of turtle (facing straight up to sky) I have heard a long time ago can mean you are very close if not right on something.

Near the left top of picture is a representation of sunlit skull with a little triangular rock on top, which is an old masonic type thing.

Anyways, there's a couple square notches down and to left of main turtle monument where the skull is also looking and an alignment rock lower right of center of photo which is shaped like a pyramid or A frame, which will likely line thru the square notched out boulder just to the left of it.
It appears they are marking a spot somewhere just left of center and slightly low of center in the picture, essentially where the back of the body or shell of the turtle would be underground.

Well you've really piqued my curiosity now. Al to of rain is coming in this weekend so the river will be too high to get to the other side. There is also a seasonal stream/ waterfalls that runs down the path up to it so this adventure may have to wait until better weather comes along. Darnit!

Thanks for the insights!

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It would seem imaginative to a casual observer and was meant to, as this was intended only for a "enlightened" group of people. Enlightenment is partly achieved thru recognizing the exact geometry of the markers as positions on a layout that measure in distance and bearings over to a common spot.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, lots of rattlers, if you're lucky more than one species of them.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So for a moment, forget about the other markers. Look at the blue circles, the larger one circling the large turtle head with open mouth facing the sky, and the smaller one circling the turtle's eye of the turtle.

The turtle's eye is done in sun and shadow and portrays a dark square notch and a sunlit compass point type thing in the middle of it.

It tells you to "look" for this type thing down below (because it's done on an eye), and low an behold, there is pointed type rock and a square notched out rock that will line up as an image as you sight down it just like it right below as a sight-line across to a spot.

Just like a view on an old iron sight rifle looking thru its sights. Its very easy to see and comprehend once its been pointed out that even a cave man could figure it let alone an esteemed treasure-net regular. The other surrounding markers just tell you to come closer or relay what to look for or what is nearby so I won't point them out yet. I got tired of pointing these places out long ago, they are not an easy dig, you need partners, and time to get it done , those things will seldom happen if ever.

As treasure hunters of this sort of thing, we are sadly totally unorganized as a group and it is extremely difficult in relaying information on how to work these sites. I would strongly suggest to read Sandy1's thread and forget about many of the posts of people that interfere as they always will. It's some of the best if not the best info out there. It shows that the images can be there, but the are only used as a reference to a position or marker , which was in turn used to line out to a spot. DSCF0003 (640x480) square notch alignment.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it can be done by one person. If you lucky enough to find multiple sites, you have to kinda figure which one is gonna be the easiest to kick the door in on. And you have to figure which one is the best hidden out of site as you operate. Its hard to put it all together,and even harder once you start to slice and dice. For me, i like being well hidden. Dont think it cant be done,just realize it not gonna be a gimme. Plan long term, thats reality.

OP
OP
Mileaway

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone for your help and input. I don't take the wisdom of experience lightly and appreciate each one of you for taking the time to respond. It looks like I may be packing a few lunches to scout this area real well. Let the fun begin! Well, maybe not until the rain quits and the snow settles.

OP
OP
Mileaway

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Smokeythecat, It's the Northwestern that is making my neck hairs stand these days. As cold as it has been I'm hoping they are all dozing nice and quiet like.

OP
OP
Mileaway

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
It is now the 12th of March and the river is high. There is no way for me to cross until later on in the season. However, I can no longer see these eyes looking down upon me, no matter what angle I try to see them from. Obviously they were not meant to be seen except for a special time of year. Most interesting... According to Google earth there is nothing but open land at the top of the hills with no access roads for miles. It looks like the hike up the canyon will be the only way in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread