Symbol of Hermes The Messenger Angel

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The medical sign which originated with the, Messenger Angel, Hermes or Mercury. Where can I find any real information about the sign of the entwined snakes. Is there a geometrical sequence to the sign. I know the snakes cross about four or five times. Also that a number "8" is associated with the Messenger Angel, Hermes. Can anyone lead me to a book or anything, some research of any kind that may have been done on the subject?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Two dragon heads meeting each other in a circle would be more familiar and I've seen this on Turkish monuments and it meant the joining of 2 dynasties. The intertwined snakes would mean creation or the joining of two to make one , at least in its ancient roots and I have forgotten where I picked that up.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Google it - you'll likely get many leads to work with. Lately, folks are associating the intertwined snakes with the DNA double helix. Go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread