Spanish DRILL HOLES, What Do They Mean ?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well I don't know what they are, but the boulders are sitting in a row on top of a Fault Line! Underneath of them is structured broken fragmented rock with quartz veins in many of them. This Contact point of broken granite where it collides with cobble/greenstone beds is so far producing from micron gold to fly-poop with a few pickers, 150 to 250 pieces per 3 1/2 gallon bucket so far and I've just barely touched it so far. Not walking away from this one. So Drill Holes or Not, someone marked this area to come back to. 101_5112.JPG 101_5117.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Fault lines/ contact points between geologic bodies/formations are a known producer of gold/silver/ other metals/minerals because the metals come up as a gas and precipitate out thru cracks/faults , etc along with quartz. That is why gold is "where you find it". It doesn't have to be a "geologically perfect" spot for it to be present.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these holes are man made then it was most likely to split the rock I would think. kinda looks to me like they were starting to cut a block. The one square hole could be maybe the placement of the first wedge, maybe thats where it went wrong and they chose not to continue?
Do a Google search for pins & feathers. From your pics, to me it looks like some boulders were moved off a trail. If you go back out there, take a walking stick or I've used a folding yardstick to place in the holes & see what lines up. I like my walking stick. Added a 4/40 bolt through the top to hold my camera. Then I use the panorama mode to shoot a 360 view. Walking stick & mono pod all in one!

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a Google search for pins & feathers. From your pics, to me it looks like some boulders were moved off a trail. If you go back out there, take a walking stick or I've used a folding yardstick to place in the holes & see what lines up. I like my walking stick. Added a 4/40 bolt through the top to hold my camera. Then I use the panorama mode to shoot a 360 view. Walking stick & mono pod all in one!

Congratulations Boogey: I love reading how some folks get things done. Common sense, make do, or just whatsoever
it takes to get the job done. As my brother once told me,, NEED is the mother of invention.
The walking stick has many other uses too. Thanks for the great idea.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Boogey: I love reading how some folks get things done. Common sense, make do, or just whatsoever
it takes to get the job done. As my brother once told me,, NEED is the mother of invention.
The walking stick has many other uses too. Thanks for the great idea.
Grandpa said when I was little, "Why in the hell would you buy something you can make?" Tried to live by that since. Check the holes for alignments, take pictures. Might be a fun place to search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions