Is It my eyes or is there somthing here?

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Rich...don't want to burst any bubbles, but I see these all the time in the woods in Colorado. Lover's carvings. The two loops are the remnants of a heart and the cross is where the lovers initials were carved. The 2 is what's left of a date that was probably on both sides of the heart something like I drew in the pic. Look closer for carvings in these positions. The chalk idea is a good one, and I would add that if you drop it along the tree from above it will miss voids that you can't see with your eyes. A flashlight at night gives the same effect if you shine the light across the face you're trying to read. A good place to start is an arborist that can help you with the age of the tree. For the sake of your treasure hunt, I hope I'm wrong~CO2

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,380

Terry In Florida

Mar 3, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add, the heart may look stretched and the + over sized but as the tree grew you would think the carving would distort a little...

OP
OP
R

Rich

keiser said:
To add, the heart may look stretched and the + over sized but as the tree grew you would think the carving would distort a little...

well thx for the input and things ya pointed out....,but gotta wait till the jungle dies down abit before goin up to the place where this tree is........

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[quote author=JACKO

? People think I am crazy because I look at the leaves, shadows on the ground and the small rocks taht may lie near. but maybe you'll see what I am talking about in a couple of your photos.

? ?Jacko

A) HI, Certainly not I jacko my friend, but I would suggest a bit of study on basic geology. Keep it up!

Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
R

Rich

RealdeTayopa said:
JACKO ? People think I am crazy because I look at the leaves said:
I pretty much know wht ur talkin about,I also look for the depressions in the ground where it is level "basicly looking for places where things settle in the ground and sink over time",.......

-------R-U--Crypto/Decipherz's? afew of u are.................................alot of it on certin threads.........

kaene

Greenie
Apr 22, 2005
That tree cant be older than 25-35 years if that. What kind of tree is it? By knowing what kind of tree it is you can guess its aproximate age by comparing it to other trees where the age is known.

If it is a carving dont try to make out what it is now, instead compact it (before growth of the tree stretched it) and try to figure out what it WAS and not what it looks like currently.

OP
OP
R

Rich

kaene said:
That tree cant be older than 25-35 years if that. What kind of tree is it?? By knowing what kind of tree it is you can guess its aproximate age by comparing it to other trees where the age is known.

If it is a carving dont try to make out what it is now, instead compact it (before growth of the tree stretched it) and try to figure out what it WAS and not what it looks like currently.

only place in the US where this type of tree grows,cant devule info...lol,.....
theres trees there that are over 400 years old....never cut or touched since the late 1500's/1600's....

theres afew carvings there,in some spots......,others are just mother natures handy work.....

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
sorry rich,, it is on the picture on post 21 not 29,,,,,,,if by itself, in a couple of my books will mean stop, turnabout, change direction,,,,,,,if other markings on tree with it it will change meaning or give direction to change to...............gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread