ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
:-* You know, when we first found that little Lizard thingy, I told Dog they were trying to tell us something. Something....Big.

But no-oooo, does he listen to me? Pffftt!

Go back.
Do a 360 (pics)
Treat it gently,...from close-ups and far.
Check for directional pointing.
Look for faint initials. (in relation to d.p.)
Look for a faint V shaped gun-sight. Repeat, faint.

(Repeat,...there should be 2 more 'motherhumpers'...Lol.) Joke, this one. Got carried away with the Rec-Room movie.

No, just one. One more M/H-er.

.....they're Underground. Under Ground. Under-the-Grouuund.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my east facing throne 20190521_150302.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's at the peak of hill going east and west. But not the highest point. That is south of it..

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that Bob, it's always good to hear from others with similar experiences in the stones. I, personally, am not experienced with the miniature stuff. Hadn't even heard of it before I started seeing your posts on Tnet. So I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to even comment on it. But thank you for posting it. :notworthy:

This week will be one of research for me as Dog had to fly out on business of his own this morning. It was decided that I shouldn't attempt to explore the area on my own in view of the danger of a lone female out there with all the Illegals passing through the mountains as they come across the border. So, I still have some more pics to get posted as soon as I can get them sorted, and will be tracking down some history of that area in particular (including oral histories if I can manage to find some) at the local courthouse and library. Also plan to meet with the president of the local Gem & Mineral Society and talk past mining history.

So while I won't be on site this week, I should have some interesting history and research to share as the week progresses. Also, I would like to hear more about your thoughts and ideas regarding this site so far. That includes you, Steve, I would especially like to hear your theory you spoke of earlier on the thread. And Maverick, your info on the Templar Trail is fascinating, please do share your thoughts and research. :notworthy:

Dust storms the past couple of days. Ancient voices in the wind......

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve, I would especially like to hear your theory you spoke of earlier on the thread.

I looked the thread over again and the only idea I had was the cat theme that one can follow in SW New Mexico. It might have originated from Mexican iconography. Interestingly, a mysterious man from Mexico City allegedly found treasure in the 1880s way north of where you may be and became known as "El Gato" when he returned home. Not much else to say other than the theme is prevalent in many forms in the vicinity of some alleged treasure sites.

It's hard to comment on your quest as I don't know where you are for sure or what exactly your focus is, other than those rocks you posted photos of at the beginning. I assume you're in Luna County from the looks of the terrain and some of your statements, but other than the Cookes Range, I haven't spent much time in that part of the state. I have plenty of ideas about things north of Deming.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked the thread over again and the only idea I had was the cat theme that one can follow in SW New Mexico. It might have originated from Mexican iconography. Interestingly, a mysterious man from Mexico City allegedly found treasure in the 1880s way north of where you may be and became known as "El Gato" when he returned home. Not much else to say other than the theme is prevalent in many forms in the vicinity of some alleged treasure sites.

It's hard to comment on your quest as I don't know where you are for sure or what exactly your focus is, other than those rocks you posted photos of at the beginning. I assume you're in Luna County from the looks of the terrain and some of your statements, but other than the Cookes Range, I haven't spent much time in that part of the state. I have plenty of ideas about things north of Deming.

That's interesting about the man from Mexico City, do you have any links you could steer me to in regards to that story? And how about a Jaguar, would that be in keeping with his 'Cat', 'El Gato', theme? Do you recall if he was Latino, or Indio? Love that stuff. :icon_thumright:

And yes, Luna Co. for the most part at the moment. Would be interested in your knowledge of the Cookes, seeing as I have lost my intended guide for that portion of my journey. Would you be interested in maybe a day trip or two, just touching on the highlights of the Cookes Range? (Then I could bend your ear about those things north of Deming as well, lol).

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That's interesting about the man from Mexico City, do you have any links you could steer me to in regards to that story? And how about a Jaguar, would that be in keeping with his 'Cat', 'El Gato', theme? Do you recall if he was Latino, or Indio? Love that stuff. :icon_thumright:

And yes, Luna Co. for the most part at the moment. Would be interested in your knowledge of the Cookes, seeing as I have lost my intended guide for that portion of my journey. Would you be interested in maybe a day trip or two, just touching on the highlights of the Cookes Range? (Then I could bend your ear about those things north of Deming as well, lol).

I got the info straight from a man who died in 1995. I've seen no other mention of El Gato whose given name was Baca. Viewed from the south, the entire top of Cookes Peak looks like a pouncing jaguar. Use your right brain. Look at this:

jaguar man.jpg

I wrote an entire book about all things I know about north of Deming, with photos and GPS coordinates for everything. That'll get you to within spitting distance. It includes everything found in the Cookes Range. It was written for folks just like you who might be interested in picking up the chase. I've been done with said chase since 2001, although big-picture mysteries still abound. I'll send you a copy if you like - just provide me a snail mail address. If time and logistics is a problem, there may be another way to get you the info.

I'll defer to DTTH as your Cookes Range guide when he returns, since Roger apparently showed him the ropes in there.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the info straight from a man who died in 1995. I've seen no other mention of El Gato whose given name was Baca. Viewed from the south, the entire top of Cookes Peak looks like a pouncing jaguar. Use your right brain. Look at this:

View attachment 1714882

I wrote an entire book about all things I know about north of Deming, with photos and GPS coordinates for everything. That'll get you to within spitting distance. It includes everything found in the Cookes Range. It was written for folks just like you who might be interested in picking up the chase. I've been done with said chase since 2001, although big-picture mysteries still abound. I'll send you a copy if you like - just provide me a snail mail address. If time and logistics is a problem, there may be another way to get you the info.

I'll defer to DTTH as your Cookes Range guide when he returns, since Roger apparently showed him the ropes in there.

My reputation precedes me. :laughing7: I realize I have been referred to as a mosquito with an alligator mouth, but I don't bite unless bitten first, lol.

feminine flower.jpg

Be that as it may, I would be thrilled to have your book, poor substitute as it will be for your company. Snail mail may be a problem, will email details.

That Jaguar is awesome. We have one on site, a snarling version. Mysteries abound, indeed. :notworthy:

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1714882

On the jaguar, did you decode the cat? I see people post pictures and not telling its meaning. You know there is writing on it. Don't you?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The S...

I can hardly wait to see how this pans out!

#/;0{>~

PS. Dit, I knew that was you, as soon as I saw your picture!!

Dead on...

Last edited:

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
01167e7ae69c2beaa9610b53247f39d7e3543e89a5 (2).jpg
There's cats a little further west
look in the shadows for them
he is going to jump him a Bunny

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1715199
There's cats a little further west
look in the shadows for them
he is going to jump him a Bunny

That's an awful big bunny for that kitty, Deep, he's either really brave or really hungry. Nice! What direction is the bunny facing?

Is that thin ribbon of white in between your site and the mountains in the background a river, or the highway? We have an ancient waterway that separates this site into two sections. If it's a waterway/river, have you checked the other side?

Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hardly wait to see how this pans out!

#/;0{>~

PS. Dit, I knew that was you, as soon as I saw your picture!!

Dead on...

And there I go, blowing my own cover. :laughing7: Never can keep my mouth shut. sigh, lol

keep my mouth shut.gif

But I have mellowed.....a little.... ;D

Last edited:

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awful big bunny for that kitty, Deep, he's either really brave or really hungry. Nice! What direction is the bunny facing?

Is that thin ribbon of white in between your site and the mountains in the background a river, or the highway? We have an ancient waterway that separates this site into two sections. If it's a waterway/river, have you checked the other side?

Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:

The bunny is pointing east.
That thin white line is a dirt road.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The S...

And there I go, blowing my own cover. :laughing7: Never can keep my mouth shut. sigh, lol

View attachment 1715234

But I have mellowed.....a little.... ;D

Dit, you’re gonna have to give up coffee [emoji477]️., if you’re gonna try to mellow!!!

Awesome gif!
Do you have a collection of those?

Whom ever your camera man is...
He needs to be nominated for a big shiny award!!!...

And you can let him have your coffee.

I am just halfway through my first cup of coffee, so if you have a bad reaction to this, l’m gonna plead insanity on my part.

Right now I’m going to see my Dr about a tick bite.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, you’re gonna have to give up coffee [emoji477]️., if you’re gonna try to mellow!!!

Awesome gif!
Do you have a collection of those?

Whom ever your camera man is...
He needs to be nominated for a big shiny award!!!...

And you can let him have your coffee.

I am just halfway through my first cup of coffee, so if you have a bad reaction to this, l’m gonna plead insanity on my part.

Right now I’m going to see my Dr about a tick bite.
View attachment 1715272

#/;0{>~

Ooooh Mikel....ouch. I see a 1000cc of penicillin in your right cheek, 10 days of 500mg Amoxicillin, and a medpak of Prednisone in your immediate future. :o

Dang it, hope they fix you right up my friend. I so don't miss those ticks.

And after all these years of El Jefe's camp coffee, I am immune to any side effects. That is entirely natural.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread