ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that El Gato has been superimposed, over a larger image of a jaguar [emoji249].
Look forward from the “ man head”.

ICBW.

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only my phone to work with right now, and I have tried several times but it never turns out well.

But the most easily noticed part is the larger and more detailed head. It is about 125% of the man head.
The chest of the jaguar is more pronounced and there appears to be one of the hind legs showing behind the the smaller legs of the man/cat.

I will try to paint what I see and post it.

If nothing else I might draw circles and arrows...

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The S...

Dit, this is a very rough sketch.
(3year old with a crayon 🖍) kind of rough.

But the shadows of an older image, makes me believe that it might have been done to show that “El Gato”, the man had out
Performed the leopard [emoji249].

Just my opinion, based upon what I have read here.

I know only what I have picked up from the previous posts, and what I have noticed in the image from the first time that I looked at it.

My lines are a bit off center from the points that I aimed.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558654829.030111.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558655282.590203.jpg

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dog, is this petroglyph at your site or close to it? I was wondering if it tied in with your throne, in some way.

I guess we lost him quick as we found him. :dontknow:

I can answer that though, that Jaguar Man is from Steve's travels, not part of Dog's site. Steve and I were discussing his tale of a man from Mexico City, "El Gato", in a conversation from pg. 14 of this thread.....

El Gato

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Examples of cultural diffusion is present at most ancient sites. How old is it?...and how did it happened?

Was it brought by the Europeans? …or by a much older Sea-Faring People?

Weather that phenomenon is accepted by recent or older schools of thought, it is still present in the tribal folklore of the Americas.

“The North-American Indians relate that they were conducted from Northern Asia by a man-fish. “Once upon a time, in the season of opening buds, the people of our nation were much terrified at seeing a strange creature, much resembling a man, riding upon the waves. He had upon his head long green hair, much resembling the coarse weeds which the mighty storms scatter along the margin of the strand. Upon his face, which was shaped like that of a porpoise, he had a beard of the same color. But if our people were frightened at seeing a man who could live in the water like a fish or a duck, how much more were they frightened when they saw that from his breast down he was actually a fish, or rather two fishes, for each of his legs was a whole and distinct fish. And there he would sit for hours singing to the wondering ears of the Indians the beautiful things he saw in the depths of the ocean, always closing his strange stories with these words:—‘Follow me, and see what I will show you.’ For a great many suns, they dared not venture upon the water; but when they grew hungry, they at last put to sea, and following the man-fish, who kept close to the boat, reached the American coast.”

“It is not impossible that the North-American Indians may have symbolized the sun in the same manner as the Syrians, and that this legend may signify that the early colonists, to reach the New Land, followed the fish-course of the sun, which as man goes from East to West, whereas when it dives it swims from West to East, the course taken by the Indians in their canoes. The wanderers in the Canadian forests have also their fish-woman, of whom a tale is related which bears a lively resemblance to that of Undine, and which is not a little like that of Melusina.”

Here’s a long, but nice read….

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Curious_Myths_of_the_Middle_Ages/Melusina

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, this is a very rough sketch.
(3year old with a crayon ��) kind of rough.

But the shadows of an older image, makes me believe that it might have been done to show that “El Gato”, the man had out
Performed the leopard [emoji249].

Just my opinion, based upon what I have read here.

I know only what I have picked up from the previous posts, and what I have noticed in the image from the first time that I looked at it.

My lines are a bit off center from the points that I aimed.

View attachment 1715507
View attachment 1715508

#/;0{>~

I DO see a faint remnant of what you have outlined, Mikel. Curious indeed. :icon_scratch: Steve, when you took the pic did you notice this while there?

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Examples of cultural diffusion is present at most ancient sites. How old is it?...and how did it happened?

Was it brought by the Europeans? …or by a much older Sea-Faring People?

Weather that phenomenon is accepted by recent or older schools of thought, it is still present in the tribal folklore of the Americas.

“The North-American Indians relate that they were conducted from Northern Asia by a man-fish. “Once upon a time, in the season of opening buds, the people of our nation were much terrified at seeing a strange creature, much resembling a man, riding upon the waves. He had upon his head long green hair, much resembling the coarse weeds which the mighty storms scatter along the margin of the strand. Upon his face, which was shaped like that of a porpoise, he had a beard of the same color. But if our people were frightened at seeing a man who could live in the water like a fish or a duck, how much more were they frightened when they saw that from his breast down he was actually a fish, or rather two fishes, for each of his legs was a whole and distinct fish. And there he would sit for hours singing to the wondering ears of the Indians the beautiful things he saw in the depths of the ocean, always closing his strange stories with these words:—‘Follow me, and see what I will show you.’ For a great many suns, they dared not venture upon the water; but when they grew hungry, they at last put to sea, and following the man-fish, who kept close to the boat, reached the American coast.”

“It is not impossible that the North-American Indians may have symbolized the sun in the same manner as the Syrians, and that this legend may signify that the early colonists, to reach the New Land, followed the fish-course of the sun, which as man goes from East to West, whereas when it dives it swims from West to East, the course taken by the Indians in their canoes. The wanderers in the Canadian forests have also their fish-woman, of whom a tale is related which bears a lively resemblance to that of Undine, and which is not a little like that of Melusina.”

Here’s a long, but nice read….

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Curious_Myths_of_the_Middle_Ages/Melusina

Excellent read, Maverick!

This all reminds me of the Bronze Age Mesopotamian God, Dagon.

Dagon

Edit: HA! I didn't read down far enough before I replied. :tongue3:

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I guess we lost him quick as we found him. :dontknow:

I can answer that though, that Jaguar Man is from Steve's travels, not part of Dog's site. Steve and I were discussing his tale of a man from Mexico City, "El Gato", in a conversation from pg. 14 of this thread.....

El Gato

Thanks Dit. I wonder if this petroglyph is supposed to represent a man wearing a jaguar skin. Anyway, here's a link about jaguar symbolism. Chapter 3 page 53.

https://books.google.com/books?id=i...ge&q=carving of jaguar with mans head&f=false

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome and I can't wait to hear about these two pictures.

The first pic, left side arrow, is a figure holding a shield in one hand and a severed head w/ feathers in the other hand.

Arrow on left: correction, arrow on right is a snarling Jaguar head and chest carved in relief. Can't figure what that is above his head in the sunlit square....maybe a human heart??

2nd pic is what I thought at first was a Priest standing next to his own decapitated head. Nothing to really indicate "Priest", was just my first impression. He has had at least one eye gouged out with bloody lines radiating from it in a sun like pattern. Ick.

Both of these are within the same setting.

:dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread