ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee: It's late and I'm really stretching now....yawn....

Shield Jaguar (Itzamnaaj Bʼalam II)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itzamnaaj_Bʼalam_II

Itzamnaaj Bʼalam II was a Maya king who ruled in Yaxchilan from 681 until he died in the year 742. He is also called Shield Jaguar II by modern writers and commonly referred to simply as Shield Jaguar based on his name glyph before the phonetic name was deciphered.

Sheild Jaguar Symbols.png

shield jaguar head.gif

'Nite all..... :sleepy2:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I DO see a faint remnant of what you have outlined, Mikel. Curious indeed. :icon_scratch: Steve, when you took the pic did you notice this while there?

I see the lighter coloration, but I don't remember anything noticeable at the time.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the lighter coloration, but I don't remember anything noticeable at the time.

Steve, that’s the way most of my discoveries are made...

Take the photos and wait till something jumps out at me.

Too many of them have taken a decade too long to come to light!

But they do eventually.

Those are what I call my, hory clap,
Moments...

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, that’s the way most of my discoveries are made...

Take the photos and wait till something jumps out at me.

Too many of them have taken a decade too long to come to light!

But they do eventually.

Those are what I call my, hory clap,
Moments...

#/;0{>~

Love those "Hory Clap!" moments! lol

It's hard for the mind to grasp details in a moving picture, and when we are on site we are normally in motion, looking around us, trying to take it all in. It's when we take photos and have a static image that we can pick out the details.

A word of caution here. That is also when we are most susceptible to Pariedolia. Our mind likes 'order', and tends to create its own out of chaos. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something on my pics that looked awesome, then when I went back in the field and looked closer it was nothing but my imagination.

Don't get the wrong impression though, real discoveries are made from static images. Just be aware and always confirm those impressions with a second look and an open mind. I beat that Confirmation Bias like a dead horse, lol.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, something about your Stone Man drew me back to your pic. :icon_scratch:

Is it me, or are these two figures (Yours and Dog's) both carrying a head in their right hand, and a shield in their left? (The shield is only partially visible in yours due to deterioration of the rock in that area).

Stone Man Comparison.png

??? :dontknow:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Map....

Mikels Map.jpg

Hmmm.........

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

Is it me, or are these two figures (Yours and Dog's) both carrying a head in their right hand, and a shield in their left? (The shield is only partially visible in yours due to deterioration of the rock in that area).

View attachment 1715654

Carrying his galea before entering. Just like men taking off their hat before entering the Church. (a sacred place of worship)

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The coif is still on.

He's wearing a breast plate. The legs are in armor. The whole body posture makes him stiff...(from wearing his armor)

View attachment 1715682

...and this....above his head

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maverick, I really liked a quote you made on Mdog's Trail Signs and Monuments thread. " It is my personal conviction that,...."no one of us, is as smart as all of us"."

I have no doubt that we have some of the best Searchers in the field on this thread and others. I am absolutely honored that you have All jumped in with Dog and I to help figure this out, deeply honored and appreciative. The thing I love most about this group is that there are no "Guru's", no "My way or the Hiway" thinking in the whole bunch of us. Sure, we each have our own area of 'expertise', but we can set that aside in a second to consider the other's point of view and work together for a successful resolution. I LOVE that.

You remind me every day how much I enjoy this 'Vocation' of ours and All my Dear Friends here on Tnet.

Thank You. You ROCK. :notworthy:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A note to the lurker who sent me the email..... ALL my photos of this site are UNRETOUCHED with the exception of the red arrows and boxes pointing out certain features, and reduction in size to fit the forum format (the original pics are huge files). What you see is what we found in the field, no Staging - no Photoshop. PERIOD.

Thank you and Good Day.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REAL .....

Decapitation.png

PHOTOSHOP .....

uh-oh.jpg

Class dismissed.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1715654

Dit, I cannot take credit for the photo, nor the discovery that there was a stone man in it.

Weekender took the picture, and Coazone de Oro, thought that I had taken a picture of Weekender standing in the other end of the hallway.
Weekender was wearing camo rain gear that day, and I saw the stone man, only after he brought it up.

It seems to me that it was either Quinoa or Cross de signs that mentioned that they could be skulls.

We have skulls in several spots on the site,
So it was an easy leap of faith, seeing them as skulls.

And I can see them now as possibly being a shield 🛡 and/or a head.

So many possibilities, including the Spanish influenced cross ☦️ above.

We need to get back there one more time, and get better pictures of all of them.

But with the meds that my doctor has started me on ( and the need to avoid any more tick bites) it may be winter time by the time we can return.

Not to mention that Weekender is busy, trying to rescue his neighbors from the impending doom of the floods trying to wash their homes away.

And he may be next!

I had just heard from him, that the town of Hackett has ordered a mandatory evacuation.

He is near to all of that.

Those of us that will bend a knee and bow a head.... This would be the best time to do so.

Now with all of the new information about more possibilities of shields and heads, it becomes important to revisit and re-document all of the smaller parts with which, the larger parts were manufactured.

#/;0{>~

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, I really liked a quote you made on Mdog's Trail Signs and Monuments thread. " It is my personal conviction that,...."no one of us, is as smart as all of us"."

I have no doubt that we have some of the best Searchers in the field on this thread and others. I am absolutely honored that you have All jumped in with Dog and I to help figure this out, deeply honored and appreciative. The thing I love most about this group is that there are no "Guru's", no "My way or the Hiway" thinking in the whole bunch of us. Sure, we each have our own area of 'expertise', but we can set that aside in a second to consider the other's point of view and work together for a successful resolution. I LOVE that.

You remind me every day how much I enjoy this 'Vocation' of ours and All my Dear Friends here on Tnet.

To your point, my dearest..

Well, I don’t want to become guilty of putting words in anybody’s mouth, or thoughts in their head. I only state what I see. The choice is individual thereafter. Some will see it and some will not. When it comes to interpretation, that again is a matter of individual perception and Free Will.

It’s nobody’s place to dictate what part of your brain you should use…the right side, left side, all sides, no side at all….etc, etc, etc. Most people that have spent enough time studying any choice of subjects, have already an inclination or bias of their own. Follow up on that hunch, or discard.

All I can say with ease, is the fact that there is ample evidence of different cultures coming in contact with each other, thus creating the phenomenon of “cultural diffusion” all over the world. Also, that this phenomenon took place in a perpetual motion long before it was observed and documented by the known history.
There are also instances, when such diffusion took place and was nobody’s task or interest to document it.

Therefore. since you are the Investigator, it is your job to make sense of all this,…my dear Melusina. Good work so far, I dare say.
...and we love you for that reason. Keep it up.

edit....Chief,...."Chief Investigator"......I should have said. By All merits. (time, dedication et all)

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
A note to the lurker who sent me the email..... ALL my photos of this site are UNRETOUCHED with the exception of the red arrows and boxes pointing out certain features, and reduction in size to fit the forum format (the original pics are huge files). What you see is what we found in the field, no Staging - no Photoshop. PERIOD.

Thank you and Good Day.

The Lurker...has no idea who he's messing with..........

A Lady Dragon that can blow fire and burn his a......

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

Since you mentioned Mdog's thread,...

Also, as a blanket answer to Mdog and others, ….At the height of the Templar activity in Old World, there are estimates that puts their numbers at 20,000 +/-, although not all were Knights.

They had the largest foot print of their time, and, after their inception (the First Nine) they became an International Order. Their Banner and deeds became the Legend that everybody knows about and history has documented.

However, there were smaller sub-Orders throughout Europe that fought under the Templar Banner as needed or when they were called to arms. These European Knights returned to their home countries soon after the conflict was over and the Pope released them from duty.
They All had the same goal/obligation: …to save Christianity when in peril.

Little is known about these smaller groups/bands of Brothers and their ‘other’ activities, since the Knights Templar took all the glory, hence their place in History. But, they all used the same insignia and symbols of their time, since they all had the same creed, the same honor and the same responsibilities.

https://www.history.com/topics/middle-ages/the-knights-templar

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, I cannot take credit for the photo, nor the discovery that there was a stone man in it.

Weekender took the picture, and Coazone de Oro, thought that I had taken a picture of Weekender standing in the other end of the hallway.
Weekender was wearing camo rain gear that day, and I saw the stone man, only after he brought it up.

It seems to me that it was either Quinoa or Cross de signs that mentioned that they could be skulls.

We have skulls in several spots on the site,
So it was an easy leap of faith, seeing them as skulls.

And I can see them now as possibly being a shield 🛡 and/or a head.

So many possibilities, including the Spanish influenced cross ☦️ above.

We need to get back there one more time, and get better pictures of all of them.

But with the meds that my doctor has started me on ( and the need to avoid any more tick bites) it may be winter time by the time we can return.

Not to mention that Weekender is busy, trying to rescue his neighbors from the impending doom of the floods trying to wash their homes away.

And he may be next!

I had just heard from him, that the town of Hackett has ordered a mandatory evacuation.

He is near to all of that.

Those of us that will bend a knee and bow a head.... This would be the best time to do so.

Now with all of the new information about more possibilities of shields and heads, it becomes important to revisit and re-document all of the smaller parts with which, the larger parts were manufactured.

#/;0{>~

Understand completely, and well said. So many possibilities, so little time. I would be very interested in seeing any follow up you two do on this, please keep me in the loop. :notworthy:

And I've been watching the reports from Mike's area, it looks catastrophic from the predictions. Was there for the 1990 "100 year flood" event and it was horrible, we were rescuing hundreds. That flood was only a couple feet less than the all time record setting 1945 flood. This one is predicted to smash that record to pieces. Prayers are going up as we speak for all the folks in its path. Mike, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care my friend and Godspeed! :heart:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Understand completely, and well said. So many possibilities, so little time. I would be very interested in seeing any follow up you two do on this, please keep me in the loop. :notworthy:

And I've been watching the reports from Mike's area, it looks catastrophic from the predictions. Was there for the 1990 "100 year flood" event and it was horrible, we were rescuing hundreds. That flood was only a couple feet less than the all time record setting 1945 flood. This one is predicted to smash that record to pieces. Prayers are going up as we speak for all the folks in its path. Mike, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care my friend and Godspeed! :heart:

I second that wholeheartedly. Thoughts and Prayers for everybody in need. God Bless.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be aware and always confirm those impressions with a second look and an open mind. I beat that Confirmation Bias like a dead horse, lol.

The old one-two punch: how are you with Stage II: Cognitive Dissonance?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread