Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1707Likes

Thread: ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihis Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    pt
    Sep 2014
    6564 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Quote Originally Posted by mdog View Post
    I like this song. Reminds me of Lawrence of Arabia, Prince of Persia type music. Probably just the song for a desert environment.
    dog, I'll bet you'll also enjoy this LZ masterpiece, alternative version.

"Well, yeah, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, 1998

us
    Jan 2011
    3797 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here you go Dit. I know we didnt find this guy last trip. But i would like to see you get some photos of this set up some time, and hopefully give some insight on it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010285.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	262.9 KB 
ID:	1711965

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Ooh! Deal! If this unusual rain will give us a break I've got it next on my list.

Is that a little devil face on that thing?

Edit: It just occurred to me that my happy dancing may have brought the rain......oops....
    Last edited by Ditlihi; May 12, 2019 at 07:46 PM.

gr
    Oct 2012
    4749 times
    Hi Ditlihi

What is the name of the treasure are you looking for ?
    Last edited by markmar; May 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Marius

There are many doors in and out of the mnts,but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.
    Do you possess the knowledge of the spirit to let you enter them? NP

If your true to your heart,you will never go wrong.The truth is the truth,no matter how you look at it,and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth . It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    Hi Ditlihi

What is the name of the treasure are you looking for ?

Hi Marius, that's a great question.

The history of this area includes the ancient Mogollon Culture, the Mimbres (a subset of the Mogollon), raids and battles of Pancho Villa, rumors of Spanish mining, and Legends of lost Spanish packloads of silver and gold made famous by the writings of W.C. Jameson. (I have my own personal opinions of Jameson, which I will refrain from sharing out of respect for the 95% of Treasurenet members I would be pissing off ).

The Mogollon culture is one of the major prehistoric Southwestern cultural divisions of the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico. The culture flourished from the archaic period, c. 200 CE, to either 1450 or 1540 CE, when the Spanish arrived. Evidence abounds for this culture and the museum in Deming is a wonderful source of information on the Mimbres. On our first foray into the mountains here I saw several 'prospect holes' dating to the 1930's, including an obviously older one that I thought was unusual as it had no waste material around it. After visiting the Museum I realized it was most probably the remains of a Mogollon Pit House like the one pictured here...

Name:  mogollon-pithouse.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  27.3 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Petroglyph.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1712254

Name:  mogollon mimbres pot.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  22.7 KB

Villa's raid on Columbus, NM in 1916 led to the U.S. Army's invasion of Mexico.

" The Battle of Columbus (Burning of Columbus or the Columbus Raid), March 9, 1916, began as a raid conducted by Pancho Villa's Division of the North on the small United States border town of Columbus, New Mexico, located 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the border. The raid escalated into a full-scale battle between Villistas and the United States Army. Villa himself led the assault, only to be driven back into Mexico by elements of the 13th Cavalry Regiment stationed at the town. The attack angered Americans and President Woodrow Wilson ordered the Punitive Expedition in which the US Army invaded Mexico in an unsuccessful attempt to capture General Villa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916)

As I stand there I can easily visualize the native settlers watching Pancho Villa from the peaks of these starkly beautiful Tres Hermanas Mountains as he led the Villistas on that full-scale assault of the 13th Calvary Regiment and the burning of Columbus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pancho Villa.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1712257 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villa army.jpg 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	1712259

Name:	Columbus NM after Villa raid.jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	1712262 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pacho Villa Columbus Raid 1916.jpg 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1712263

Then lastly, you'll find Jameson's fabrications, I mean stories, in his books Treasure Hunter: A Memoir of Caches, Curses, and Confrontations, and, New Mexico Treasure Tales. I'll leave the readers to their own opinions here.

What is not widely known, is rumor and speculation of an even more Ancient inhabitant of this area. Circumstantial (and controversial) evidence for a far older group, maybe even multiple groups, has been brought forward and cussed and discussed by Academics and Independent Researchers alike. This interests me. Especially after my own research and that of my fellow Argonaughts here in the Southwest and scattered across the country, and the evidence I've seen with my own two eyes. Evidence this trip now seems to support. This is what I seek, though I won't turn away from 40 mule loads of Silver if I happen to trip over it.

Who those people were, why they were here, and did they bring their treasures with them? All questions worthy of a little boots on the ground time. Time well spent in the company of Friends and fellow Treasure Hunters in the great outdoors.

I'm tellin' ya, it don't get no better than This.

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Note to DTTH...... I really felt for you getting stuck in all the muck yesterday evening, I want you to know I was in the RV using ALL my mental power to help push while you were struggling to get it out. I feel confident that one final great push I gave did the trick.

P.S. You know I love ya.
    Last edited by Ditlihi; May 13, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

us
    Jan 2011
    3797 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post
    Ooh! Deal! If this unusual rain will give us a break I've got it next on my list.

Is that a little devil face on that thing?

Edit: It just occurred to me that my happy dancing may have brought the rain......oops....
    I dont know if its a Devil or not, i cant see it. To me, if its a Devil, treasure wise, thats a great thing to me. To me the devil is a secret sign, that is a great one to find. I know i would like to see it. Ill have to try and enlarge the photo. Thanks for the info.

us
    Jan 2011
    3797 times
    Yesterday I journeyed deep into the mountains near the Mexican Border with my good friend and fellow Treasurenet Member, Dog the Treasure Hunter. To say we had a blast would be a complete understatement, in truth it was just short of Epic.

The Mountain Ranges that separate the two countries are steeped in Treasure Lore and tales of Ancient exploration. Though very windy and cool with rain threatening on the horizon, we managed to cover quite an area on our initial foray into these desolate peaks and were gifted with some extraordinary views, and even more extraordinary discoveries.

Ancient voices whispered secrets just beyond our hearing as we explored several extremely interesting sites and pondered their construction. Have you ever seen a Duck in the desert? On a mountain? I did. And he seemed very pleased with himself, content to guard his secrets with his tail to the wind. How about a King Cobra with his regal head raised, or another Serpent further up with mouth engaged in a meal of boulder eggs? Quite a sight on the side of a lonely forgotten mountaintop. And all skillfully arranged around a huge Reclining Figure, bound as if for burial or ceremony. There was even a Stone Throne that made a perfect rest stop and panoramic viewing spot.

Who created these colossal stone Guardians, and why? What story do they tell? Is there a special significance to certain areas in these mountains, or to the mountains themselves? Do great Treasures lie buried beneath our feet as we tread silently above in awe at their magnificence? Or has Nature's Architect played a supreme joke on us, as improbable as it seems after witnessing such miraculous oddities?

These questions and more will be the basis of my journey over the next few weeks as I travel the Desert Southwest in search of Truth and Treasure. If today was any indication, it's going to be a very interesting trip. Wanna ride along?

Attachment 1711612 Attachment 1711613

Attachment 1711615 Attachment 1711616

Here is a photo,with me sitting in the stone chair with a Compass on my Knee. Maybe the Deg. will add some type of helpful info. for some.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw.nm 244.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	1712296

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dog, the treasure hunter View Post
    I dont know if its a Devil or not, i cant see it. To me, if its a Devil, treasure wise, thats a great thing to me. To me the devil is a secret sign, that is a great one to find. I know i would like to see it. Ill have to try and enlarge the photo. Thanks for the info.

It's very faint....

Name:	is this a devil.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1712297

us
    Mar 2011
    3836 times
    Hi Marius, that's a great question.

The history of this area includes the ancient Mogollon Culture, the Mimbres (a subset of the Mogollon), raids and battles of Pancho Villa, rumors of Spanish mining, and Legends of lost Spanish packloads of silver and gold made famous by the writings of W.C. Jameson. (I have my own personal opinions of Jameson, which I will refrain from sharing out of respect for the 95% of Treasurenet members I would be pissing off ).

The Mogollon culture is one of the major prehistoric Southwestern cultural divisions of the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico. The culture flourished from the archaic period, c. 200 CE, to either 1450 or 1540 CE, when the Spanish arrived. Evidence abounds for this culture and the museum in Deming is a wonderful source of information on the Mimbres. On our first foray into the mountains here I saw several 'prospect holes' dating to the 1930's, including an obviously older one that I thought was unusual as it had no waste material around it. After visiting the Museum I realized it was most probably the remains of a Mogollon Pit House like the one pictured here...

Name:  mogollon-pithouse.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  27.3 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Petroglyph.jpeg 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1712254

Name:  mogollon mimbres pot.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  22.7 KB

Villa's raid on Columbus, NM in 1916 led to the U.S. Army's invasion of Mexico.

" The Battle of Columbus (Burning of Columbus or the Columbus Raid), March 9, 1916, began as a raid conducted by Pancho Villa's Division of the North on the small United States border town of Columbus, New Mexico, located 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the border. The raid escalated into a full-scale battle between Villistas and the United States Army. Villa himself led the assault, only to be driven back into Mexico by elements of the 13th Cavalry Regiment stationed at the town. The attack angered Americans and President Woodrow Wilson ordered the Punitive Expedition in which the US Army invaded Mexico in an unsuccessful attempt to capture General Villa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916)

As I stand there I can easily visualize the native settlers watching Pancho Villa from the peaks of these starkly beautiful Tres Hermanas Mountains as he led the Villistas on that full-scale assault of the 13th Calvary Regiment and the burning of Columbus.

Name:	Pancho Villa.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1712257 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villa army.jpg 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	1712259

Name:	Columbus NM after Villa raid.jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	1712262 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pacho Villa Columbus Raid 1916.jpg 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1712263

Then lastly, you'll find Jameson's fabrications, I mean stories, in his books Treasure Hunter: A Memoir of Caches, Curses, and Confrontations, and, New Mexico Treasure Tales. I'll leave the readers to their own opinions here.

What is not widely known, is rumor and speculation of an even more Ancient inhabitant of this area. Circumstantial (and controversial) evidence for a far older group, maybe even multiple groups, has been brought forward and cussed and discussed by Academics and Independent Researchers alike. This interests me. Especially after my own research and that of my fellow Argonaughts here in the Southwest and scattered across the country, and the evidence I've seen with my own two eyes. Evidence this trip now seems to support. This is what I seek, though I won't turn away from 40 mule loads of Silver if I happen to trip over it.

Who those people were, why they were here, and did they bring their treasures with them? All questions worthy of a little boots on the ground time. Time well spent in the company of Friends and fellow Treasure Hunters in the great outdoors.

I'm tellin' ya, it don't get no better than This.
    This sounds like it’s gonna be a lot of fun. Show us the way, teacher.

us
    Mar 2011
    3836 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dog, the treasure hunter View Post
    Here is a photo,with me sitting in the stone chair with a Compass on my Knee. Maybe the Deg. will add some type of helpful info. for some.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sw.nm 244.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	1712296
    What direction are you facing, Dog? Seems like I asked you before but I can’t remember.

pt
    Sep 2014
    6564 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    It's very faint....

Name:	is this a devil.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1712297
    Looks like a cat. Lots of cat-related carvings in that part of the world.
    "Well, yeah, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, 1998

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    8251 times
    As usual, the devil is in the details!

Actually I first thought it looked more like a wolf pup. But I generally agree with the folks that are on the ground.

Cameras are getting better, but nothing eclipses, hands on experience!

#/;0{>~
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.

REALLY, I'M NOT SHOUTING. I HAVE A VISUAL PERCEPTION PROBLEM, AND TYPING IN ALL CAPS HELPS ME TO PROOF READ WHAT I TYPE. IF I EVER NEED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I'LL MAKE IT BOLD SO IT STANDS OUT. I MEAN NO HARM. #/;0)~

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSPECTORMIKEL View Post
    As usual, the devil is in the details!

Actually I first thought it looked more like a wolf pup. But I generally agree with the folks that are on the ground.

Cameras are getting better, but nothing eclipses, hands on experience!

#/;0{>~

LOL! At this point all I have to look at is a photgraph, too, Mikel. Maybe when I see it up close and personal it will help.

Aug 2016
    3900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post
    Looks like a cat. Lots of cat-related carvings in that part of the world.

Indeed there are....and ducks as well if my memory doesn't fail me.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links