ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed there are....and ducks as well if my memory doesn't fail me. :notworthy:

I've observed hundreds if not thousands of petroglyphs in SW New Mexico and elsewhere, but don't recall ever seeing a duck carving. I've seen a number of rocks that folks say are shaped like a duck, but ... well, never mind. Cats though - heads, full bodies, prints in stone, human/feline combinations, even mountain tops and 3d rock creations - yup. If that's a cat on that boulder, I'd say it has some significance and possibly a relation to other sites in the region.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1712447

…’tiz a wabbit?
…’tiz a duck?

A Wabbi-duck?
The ancients were known for phantasmagorical creations in form of many combinations of Human-Animal, …Animal-Animal,…Human-Human…..etc.
Their Intentions on the meaning?.........well, that’s up to the Reader-of-the-Site.
If you are ‘them’, …you will See and you will Know.
They were Not put there for everybody’s enjoyment. They had a scope.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Asmodeus, was put in charge as the Keeper of the Treasures……

A most interesting Asmodeus at a most interesting place.

rennes le chateau.jpg

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a cat. Lots of cat-related carvings in that part of the world.

Indeed there are....and ducks as well if my memory doesn't fail me. :notworthy:

I've observed hundreds if not thousands of petroglyphs in SW New Mexico and elsewhere, but don't recall ever seeing a duck carving. I've seen a number of rocks that folks say are shaped like a duck, but ... well, never mind. Cats though - heads, full bodies, prints in stone, human/feline combinations, even mountain tops and 3d rock creations - yup. If that's a cat on that boulder, I'd say it has some significance and possibly a relation to other sites in the region.

You are absolutely right, no duck carvings.....I was referring to the 3D stone duck from my first post.

As for Cats in the ancient world, the Egyptian Bastets and Sekhmets come instantly to mind. But the cat iconology was widely used all over the Eastern Mediterranean and Mesopotamia, even the island country of Cyprus which had no cat population.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/466/cats-in-the-ancient-world/

Egyptian Bastets and Sekhmets.jpg Baalbek-temple of Jupiter architectural ornaments.jpg

Methkhendoush-two-cats2 Libya.jpg

And the Duck is found in the same areas .....

https://www.bible-history.com/ibh/Roman+Sculpture/Animal+Forms/Bronze+Duck

Bronze-Duck.gif Ancient Roman Bronze Zoomorphic Animal Brooch Shaped as Duck.jpg

Roman Bronze Duck Lamp circa 1st-2nd century AD.jpg Duck container found at Minet el-Beida.jpg

.....that last piece I find very interesting as it is a Duck container found at Minet el-Beida, a place that served as the harbor town and necropolis for Ugarit. Ugarit was one of the oldest cities of Canaan, circa 6000 B.C.

Something I haven't shared yet is there are also representations of Dolphins at this site. The Dolphin iconology is also found in these areas.

300-200 B.C. Oliba Ancient Greek Empire Dolphin Coin.jpg Calabria, Taras, c. 302-272 BC. AR Didrachm.jpg

Roman bronze Circa. 2nd to 3rd Century AD  Boy riding a dolphin.jpg

Looking pretty promising at this point, wouldn't you agree?

:coffee2:

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
From previous photos/questions.............(#45, #44)

....what is a Guard dog doing in the desert?

''''''''''what about a goat's stomach ? ....

What about a North African Queen's bust?

View attachment 1712468

....somebody had a message to pass on.

It's hard to believe that, they did it just for fun. (bored?) maybe...

But still a lot of excruciating labor efforts.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1712450

Was that PUT there?

Nature?

Your call.............

Black stone, my interpretation would be Anubis. If had been a light colored stone I would have chosen Wepwawet.

Anubis, the Jackal-headed, watches over the dead, Wepwawet, the Wolf-headed, shows you the 'way'.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
You are absolutely right, no duck carvings.....I was referring to the 3D stone duck from my first post.

As for Cats in the ancient world, the Egyptian Bastets and Sekhmets come instantly to mind. But the cat iconology was widely used all over the Eastern Mediterranean and Mesopotamia, even the island country of Cyprus which had no cat population.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/466/cats-in-the-ancient-world/

View attachment 1712443 View attachment 1712459

View attachment 1712460

And the Duck is found in the same areas .....

View attachment 1712444 View attachment 1712445

View attachment 1712446 View attachment 1712451

.....that last piece I find very interesting as it is a Duck container found at Minet el-Beida, a place that served as the harbor town and necropolis for Ugarit. Ugarit was one of the oldest cities of Canaan, circa 6000 B.C.

Something I haven't shared yet is there are also representations of Dolphins at this site. The Dolphin iconology is also found in these areas.

View attachment 1712455 View attachment 1712456

View attachment 1712457

Looking pretty promising at this point, wouldn't you agree?

:coffee2:

Dit,

Don't get me started on Dolphins,..LOL

I have tons of dolphins and other marine life, made to perfection.

The details on eyes, mouth, body posture, mimic.....etc, etc...is amazing. They were ARTISTS of the highest skill level.

Please don't have me surf through thousands of pictures,.....just to prove a point. I'm too old and too lazy for that challenge.
Just trust me on that.....(said the man with a gun, lol)

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From previous photos/questions.............(#45, #44)

....what is a Guard dog doing in the desert?

''''''''''what about a goat's stomach ? ....

What about a North African Queen's bust?

View attachment 1712468

....somebody had a message to pass on.

It's hard to believe that, they did it just for fun. (bored?) maybe...

But still a lot of excruciating labor efforts.

Considering Asmodeus was derived from Persian Zoroastrianism around the 9th century BCE (which is evident in the Bull and Ram symbols associated with him), and he is often claimed to have been forced to build temples for Solomon..... I follow that line of thought to the Muslim belief that he built a Temple for Solomon as a Djinn (genie type being) which Solomon then gave to the Queen of Sheba for the many treasures she had brought him.

Close?

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea on the "goat stomach", ick, but I am no longer concerned about the Asmodeus aspect. All DTTH and I have to do is get our hands on the heart and liver of a fish. :wink:

And I know just where to find one. :laughing7:

That cave is gettin' breeched. :tongue3:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Yepper on both of the above.

Also, ask Dog to take you over to Blueberry Hill, then walk over through the old cart trail to the slanting rock/slab,.....(pictures galore there).

Then, down through the back-way and come down to the Huge Lion boulder behind the Greek Pillars with Poseidon Head/bust on top.

That should be a hell-of-the-time-travel.
Well worth it.

Have fun.

PS ...and don't for get to ask him to take you see the Bishop and the pure white Turtle. You'll love that walkabout.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that you guys are making all this stuff too arcane, too complicated, looking for BCE Old World significance in odd-shaped rocks. Go back 5,000 years and look at real Old World carvings that have survived over there. They're magnificent. The rocks you're displaying aren't even recognizable to many humans. Why?

Below, this rather stoic looking floppy-eared dog wasn't "put there". However, its existing natural form was once reshaped a bit (apparent tool marks evident at eye, chin and ears) in order to look more realistic and thus be easier for most humans to notice. Afterwards, the petroglyphs were carved directly where the pooch seems to be looking, in order to emphasize this particular panel to folks on the trail. Makes sense, given the trail and the canyon it's in.

The dog isn't the message, the carvings are - this is where the information is. If you're looking for metal caches, first go to where the metal occurs in the ground. Chances are, if there are caches, they're likely to be found somewhere near the source.

Peabody.JPG

Hmmm.JPG

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking in the treasure lore concerning Tres Hermanas region and I found one story very interesting.

Dit, are you still there?

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that you guys are making all this stuff too arcane, too complicated, looking for BCE Old World significance in odd-shaped rocks. Go back 5,000 years and look at real Old World carvings that have survived over there. They're magnificent. The rocks you're displaying aren't even recognizable to many humans. Why?

Below, this rather stoic looking floppy-eared dog wasn't "put there". However, its existing natural form was once reshaped a bit (apparent tool marks evident at eye, chin and ears) in order to look more realistic and thus be easier for most humans to notice. Afterwards, the petroglyphs were carved directly where the pooch seems to be looking, in order to emphasize this particular panel to folks on the trail. Makes sense, given the trail and the canyon it's in.

The dog isn't the message, the carvings are - this is where the information is. If you're looking for metal caches, first go to where the metal occurs in the ground. Chances are, if there are caches, they're likely to be found somewhere near the source.

View attachment 1712482

View attachment 1712483

Not sure what your point is. Also, I'm not sure if there is a contradiction in your statement?

Do you, or don't you see Intent? Regardless of the time table.

Arcane? Perhaps. But do you see a connection to an intelligent work force? Or just natural and random formations?

Your arrows tell one story(in the photo) and your words...,another.

Sure they took advantage of ALL their surroundings in helping them do what they had to. Regardless of the task. Even if we talk about survival, or work, or play.

AS far as "metal chasing", ....there were places to Extract it,.........and places to Hide it.

They were not stupid to leave obvious traces for easy discovery. Contrary the popular belief, the past generations were just as intelligent, educated and high IQ as
the Learned of today.
Technology has changed in time more than the human mind.

But, ....everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Yours, has been dully noted. Thank you.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

Dit,
If you guys can pull this off, (weather permitting) Blueberry Hill has a lot to offer.
From the clepsydra time piece and the Orion alignment found right in the middle of the mound, to a series of close-ups and farther marks and signs large and small. If you can take your time to go around that small hill, it will be more than a guided tour. It will be like a time travel experience.
I can’t wait to see your report and personal insights on that experience. You have a special ability to make sense of things that others can’t see or grasp.
I know that it will be unique,….but again, pending on the weather permitting and difficulty of the climb.
Your loyal subjects are awaiting.

(PS ..if Dog thinks that could be too difficult or perilous, please do not take any chances)

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread Dit. thanks. Been learning a lot. Love the Dolphin stuff, its very interesting to me to find that stuff out. But dang, between you and Maverick1, i caught my google on fire. Oh well business as usual, when dealing with you two. Thank god for last place , i dont know where id fit in if it wasn't for that. Ill have to let google cool down for a bit.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dog. There must be a reason that the throne is facing west. What is to the west?

To the west Mdog is Arizona, birth place of King Tut.
Straight down from there is a monument set up. I had photoed it years ago, but really cant remember to much about it. And it would take me a long time to dig thru photos to find it. Maybe we can get Dit to photo it,and do some posting on Tnet about that monument set up below the chair.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
To the west Mdog is Arizona, birth place of King Tut.
Straight down from there is a monument set up. I had photoed it years ago, but really cant remember to much about it. And it would take me a long time to dig thru photos to find it. Maybe we can get Dit to photo it,and do some posting on Tnet about that monument set up below the chair.

............and a waterway in between?

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Great thread Dit. thanks. Been learning a lot. Love the Dolphin stuff, its very interesting to me to find that stuff out. But dang, between you and Maverick1, i caught my google on fire. Oh well business as usual, when dealing with you two. Thank god for last place , i dont know where id fit in if it wasn't for that. Ill have to let google cool down for a bit.

It ain't no saints on Tnet, I dare say. Just people trying..........

....their best (that is)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread