California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the carving looks archaic enough..., old-style characters - but, the drill holes relationship, I don't know....

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Steve,

There is a transport company in Peru with that name, you can call them to find out what it means. Google Etuisa E.I.R.L. to get their contact info.

Homar

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, not far from the carving shown in Post #1, I found this thing. Middle of nowhere. It's either a very small coconut or a very large nut shell. It startled me, as I saw it out of the corner of my eye peeking out of some small brush - thought it was a surprised.critter at first glance. Just more fun and games in the hills.

View attachment 1717225

That is very interesting to me, especially if you took it out of a stone snakes jaws. Thanks for posting the photos.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Mexico USA. In an area amid numerous mysteries.

That’s awesome that it’s in the states. Let us know how things turn out,and of course...not the details that don’t need to be out in the open.

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Steve,

There is a transport company in Peru with that name, you can call them to find out what it means. Google Etuisa E.I.R.L. to get their contact info.

Homar

Hey, Homar. I checked into that too. It's a one-man transport company in Peru - probably a man with a cell phone and a truck. Unfortunately, no address or email. My Spanish and/or Quechuan isn't that good, so a phone call may be an adventure. Thanks for the idea though.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, not far from the carving shown in Post #1, I found this thing. Middle of nowhere. It's either a very small coconut or a very large nut shell. It startled me, as I saw it out of the corner of my eye peeking out of some small brush - thought it was a surprised.critter at first glance. Just more fun and games in the hills.

View attachment 1717225

Is it completely round like a ball, or semi flattened? Kinda reminds me of a Chunkey Stone. :icon_scratch:

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1- Lettering - try to narrow down the style of font to a time frame, say 1500's? Jesuit priest?
2- drill holes - star map - Orion?

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
1- Lettering - try to narrow down the style of font to a time frame, say 1500's? Jesuit priest?
2- drill holes - star map - Orion?

It's the name of the original locator of a mining claim in the vicinity, ca 120 years ago.

New Mexico was exclusive Franciscan territory, as ceded by a Papal Bull in the 16th century. However there were military reports ca 1700 that indicated some Jesuit intrusions, specifically on the Gila River near the mouth of today's Bear Creek. Some have attributed this activity to Kino, allegedly searching for a specific target. This is interesting. The Jesuits breaking the rules? Shocking!

The drill hole pattern deserves some map work for sure, something that's been overlooked so far. Hard to keep all the marbles within the ring when you're busy with other stuff. Oh, well, always plenty of time later.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, come on, cyzak, you don't need to stoop so low. You become known by the company you keep. Also, you need to read closer my comments re RS.

BTW, that carved word I posted is a name - the name of the guy who located the mining claim on which it is located. I was curious what the responses would be to the post. You know how I knew what the carving was? Easy - TH 101, it's the first place to start when you find enigmatic monuments, carvings, etc. in remote country. Take coordinates, locate it on a map, then go to the county courthouse and check the public records - GLO surveys, land patents, mining locations, et al. Facts are good, and it's nice to know that everything you look at are not "Jesuit treasure signs". Saves wasted time. No charge. ////// Cyzaks reply I knew all along you new what that carving was. veritas liber abit vos

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, come on, cyzak, you don't need to stoop so low. You become known by the company you keep. Also, you need to read closer my comments re RS.

BTW, that carved word I posted is a name - the name of the guy who located the mining claim on which it is located. I was curious what the responses would be to the post. You know how I knew what the carving was? Easy - TH 101, it's the first place to start when you find enigmatic monuments, carvings, etc. in remote country. Take coordinates, locate it on a map, then go to the county courthouse and check the public records - GLO surveys, land patents, mining locations, et al. Facts are good, and it's nice to know that everything you look at are not "Jesuit treasure signs". Saves wasted time. No charge.
I knew all along you new what that carving was. veritas liber abit vos

Quid est veritas, Cyzak?

tell me more.gif

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Texas University and sample location 15A from the geology class that did their field work there. Drill holes for sampling.

etu1.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions