Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49938538_2174643412798246_4925592495053602816_n.jpg

Can anyone make any sense of this? Its been a mystery for many, many years. Showed to us by an old treasure hunter that passed away a few years ago.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Western Colorado thank you for sharing this, looks like the shadow might actually have something to do with it also.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shadow is from the arm of the Oldman that showed us this rock.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have to go back with some tools. there is suppose to be more carving underneath a big boulder sitting on the same rock. supposedly theres a cross and some other symbols.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we did find 1 cave. could walk in about 20ft then the ceiling dropped to about 1 foot. still need to go back and explore a couple other legs of the canyon. its about a 3 hr drive from here, and then about 2hrs on the buggy. so we need to actually camp out and see what we can find. oh and the cave we found isn't on ANY maps, so if there is another its likely to have never been explored either or at least reported. the old guy that showed us said he dug at the base of the rock and found 2 golf ball sized nuggets.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It might say there is a large nearby triangle made (of boulders , rock outcrops , something) with some type of gunsite/peephole at each corner (the double drill holes represent eyes or looking ) . I supposed maybe you look thru the top left one, however the triangle is oriented based on compass bearings relative to the map. The man with a triangular body suggests triangle, and it says you stand somewhere to look, as he "looking" , but just a guess based on and correlated to stuff I have seen in the field. I don't know for sure, just an idea i am throwing out for you.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally though, I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out the map, I would scour the area for other markers / out of place things, things that you can gunsite thru, etc. Sandy1 has a good thread on many of the main markers to look for, but there can be other types of monuments and such not really mentioned much. They all kind of follow the same general ideology though. One you locate all the markers in the area , the map may somehow make more sense.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are waiting for a little bit warmer weather to go back. plus we have to make dang sure its not going to rain, the Guadalupe mountains are a death trap if it floods. we will be scouring it a lot better, my buddy was fighting a sinus infection on the last trip so was pretty limited on how much we could accomplish.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back this weekend. The boulder that was sitting next to carving got moved out of the way. Was told there was more carvings underneath it. There wasn't anything underneath it. So.... the search continues

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back this weekend. The boulder that was sitting next to carving got moved out of the way. Was told there was more carvings underneath it. There wasn't anything underneath it. So.... the search continues

I hate that when that happens but unfortunately in this type of searching it happens do not get discouraged keep at it.

OP
OP
W

WestTexasHunter

Greenie
Jan 7, 2020
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret 300, And my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no, not discouraged at all. It was actually pretty cool just moving a boulder 5 ft long and about 3ft tall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread