Spanish?

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is on from a good friends ranch in Nothern NM. Anybody have any ideas? My first thought was a spanish crown. Carved in a sandstone rock.
20200404_210735.jpg

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is on from a good friends ranch in Nothern NM. Anybody have any ideas? My first thought was a spanish crown. Carved in a sandstone rock.
View attachment 1818632
Do you have a photo that is a little further back and is there water close to where this was taken. And welcome to Tnet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaleIO

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't have one farther back. It was moved from it's original location several years back. It is on a small rock aprox. 14"x10" and 2" thick. We have tracked down the approximate location it was moved from but not exact. I plan to make a trip in the near future to explore further. A small creek is located in the canyon below but it is in a very rough and rocky area.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is to bad that it was moved a lot of info is lost when that happens. So the sandstone that this is on was a slab that could be picked up not attached to any of the permanent sand stone.

OP
OP
PaleIO

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes it is small enough to be easily moved. A past hanchhand found it and carried it home thinking nothing other than he found a cool rock. I know a lot of info has been lost but what it's origin purpose was is still intriguing to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread