Is this something? Or not

33noob

Jan 7, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out poking around deep in Texas ranch land and came across this rock. At first I was just dismissing it as a face, but then I thought maybe it isn't just face ....

Am I just being silly?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.18.19 PM.png

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Was out poking around deep in Texas ranch land and came across this rock. At first I was just dismissing it as a face, but then I thought maybe it isn't just face ....

Am I just being silly?

View attachment 1892047

Any interesting landmarks, a creek, spring, rock outcropping?
Don't hurt to go poking around some more, maybe somethin' left
for a reason, or could be an old hand's purely passing time. Why?
I hope you find something else, & it don't hurt to check it out.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Face might be a compass rendition, sideways v on cheek is 90 degrees due east or maybe even west, long branch coming out of top left is 330 degrees. Shadowed Line to a box shape it points at would be tunnel to chamber symbol. Might be nothing as well.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
Very nice petroglyph. Possibly an Atl Atl representation and face. Pretty cool.... The face appears to have been added later, as it looks to be scratched or incised in the rock with a metal tool.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Looks like a old west cowboy scratching to me, I'm a ex cowboy and I can't draw either, hee,hee, that upper box on the right looks like it say's "rocks"....so it might be saying something like "halfway up this draw before the pass, there's something to the right"........so, I'd be checking the history of the area for any cowboy robberies, stagecoaches, bandits, etc....the more you scratch off the list, the closer you'll get to the meaning....also, is that sandstone ?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3F4DE7E6-6421-437C-B2C5-E2EA5618832E.jpg I would say Native American and can you take a photo that is not so close up I need to see a little more area please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions