• 20210513_110409.jpg
    20210513_110409.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe all you have is a boulder with an interesting shape, most monuments I have encountered are propped up on either smaller rocks our a slab underneath. In your 4th photo in the background there is another boulder to so probably all natural. What is not natural is the R22 refringent can some POS used for target practice and left there to litter the awesome outdoors.

OP
OP
C

Coach K

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all replied. The can is now gone. Pi__es me off that people degredate the beautiful country the way they do.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Komona dragon

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Last picture shows a second large boulder in the background. Is there a third nearby? And what are the bearings between each? They don't have to be the shape of anything, just large , out of place , and standing out /eye catching.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Last picture shows a second large boulder in the background. Is there a third nearby? And what are the bearings between each? They don't have to be the shape of anything, just large , out of place , and standing out /eye catching.

Always remember: two rocks form a straight line.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe try turning 60 degrees off that other boulder and see what's down in the wash the direction your first boulder seems to be pointing. Like making an equilateral triangle with a missing point to find by measuring. 20210513_110409 (2).jpg

SpanishTHunter

Feb 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on a mountain in Az, any ideas as to whether it is a rock symbol or just a rock? It's all by itself pointing to another hill on the opposite side of the wash but I looked all over but found nothing. Even looked on the other side of the hill but nothing.

I am more interested by the little stones laying on the ground. Are there any triangles? Home plates? Heart stones? The big stones are nice, but if you wanna find something valuable, I would start paying attention to the little markers! The most insignificant stones are the ones that are ultimately overlooked!!!

OP
OP
C

Coach K

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. Quiona, I went back to the site and indeed found a massive boulder but is down in the wash about 100 meters from the second large boulder and it is exactly 90 degrees from the second large stone in the photo. The large boulder is roughly 15x15 feet, approximating a square geometric shape with what appears to be displaced from the hill, undoubtedly moved by the monsoon rains here in AZ.
Something else that was intriguing, is that 90 degrees from the (snake head) I found what appears to be collapsed declines and evidence of mining in one of the drainage ditches that leads down to the wash. On a large flat stone about 50 meters from the decline, 2 rocks were found. The first was a small semi flat red stone with one edge chipped to a point which ironically is pointed to the decline. The other was an egg shaped piece of hematite impregnented with small micro gold. Ill try and download a pic of the flat rock with the 2 rocks positioned on the top surface.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
SPThunter is probably right that the smaller white rocks laid around the boulders may have some revelance to a direction , so don't move anything. But I'll reserve any input until I can see more of the big boulder in the wash. I think the pyramid shaped peak in the background may have some revalence to a positioning off a boulder as well. It's just surveying type measurements that they did these thing with , using natural markers in the field.. You probably have an old mine prospect or an ore cache type thing location somewhere nearby. Really Big boulders, likely something important to someone at some time frame.

Jakeellison82

Jul 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible, you never know.
However I believe when you see a snake head, it?s unmistakable. IMG_1271.jpg
Like so!

OP
OP
C

Coach K

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock.jpg

found near snake head. Flat rock with 2 rocks on it, 1 hematite with micro gold and the other pointing towards the opposite canyon.

OP
OP
C

Coach K

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone see a heart and cross carved into the rock? It is split horizontally.. heart.jpeg heart.jpeg
Also, what does it mean if anything?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone see a heart and cross carved into the rock? It is split horizontally..
attachment.php
attachment.php

Also, what does it mean if anything?

Looks like a spot to me, that someone has worked those rocks. If you can get to it somewhat easy, and photo it early morning or late evening iam sure a lot of stuff will show. Can you use Paint program to mark what you see? Sure looks like your in a good spot.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions